• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Please Nintendo, accidentally leave some character code names in the next update and save us from this Waligui and Geno discussion!

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Give me Sofia or give me death.

Weren't people asking for the updated banner?
00VYAVm.jpg

From Reddit, apparently pulled from the official site
Luminary's banner pose is identical to Young Link's render pose.

Oct 25, 2017
With the apparent ease of the agreement between Microsoft and Nintendo, do you think Banjo & Kazooie might become Smash quasi-regulars in the same way Sonic is?

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yknow, I hated that Erdrick "stole" a dlc spot and never cared for BK, Ive now made a complete 180 and fell in love with Banjo at first sight and now lowkey wanna give DQ11 a chance with those new gay Switch features.

I will love literally anything put in Smash.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Yknow, I hated that Erdrick "stole" a dlc spot and never cared for BK, Ive now made a complete 180 and fell in love with Banjo at first sight and now lowkey wanna give DQ11 a chance with those new gay Switch features.

I will love literally anything put in Smash.
One of us, one of us!
I'm happy DQ finally got a rep, it was long overdue even if for many it's "just another sword character".

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of us, one of us!
I'm happy DQ finally got a rep, it was long overdue even if for many it's "just another sword character".
Lowkey, I love most of the sword characters so that's never bothered me. The only thing about DQ that i was hesitant on is i reeeeeeaaaally dont like the Toriyama human art style, but it translated pretty nicely into smash honestly. The 3D models in 11, too, don't look as offputting as the art does to me typically.

Except the Luminary, god do I hate that 80s Trunks hair

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
How would a Tekken rep rule out Hayabusa? Like at all?

No Idea? I was just teasing him since it's obvious that he's tired of the discussions about Tekken and Resident Evil. It's eerily similar with what he did with Erdrick and Banjo Kazooie in the past.

I think you need to cool down and not being so defensive over a joke.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Lowkey, I love most of the sword characters so that's never bothered me. The only thing about DQ that i was hesitant on is i reeeeeeaaaally dont like the Toriyama human art style, but it translated pretty nicely into smash honestly. The 3D models in 11, too, don't look as offputting as the art does to me typically.

Except the Luminary, god do I hate that 80s Trunks hair
Personally, whenever i'll be using The Hero, i'll use the DQVIII model. I always adored VIII's hero design
1bf.jpg

Also because of the little mouse, Munchie in his pocket.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
No Idea? I was just teasing him since it's obvious that he's tired of the discussions about Tekken and Resident Evil. It's eerily similar with what he did with Erdrick and Banjo Kazooie in the past.

I think you need to cool down and not being so defensive over a joke.
I just didn't get what you were going for. I don't think he views any of those franchises as a threat, even if he clearly isn't the biggest fan of them.

On a related note, i'm glad that his hypothetical questions about Banjo are over now.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I showed my mom the trailer and she recognized them instantly as characters I spent hours playing as a kid.

Well, if we're sharing stories like this...

I woke up early for the direct (8am) I had told my sister who was sleeping on the couch ahead of time. She acknowledged me but tried to go back to sleep.

Now, a weird quirk about me is that I can't raise my voice for cheering or yelling. If I try to cheer loudly, I sound like a weird emotionless alien trying to show emote like a human. It's a childhood trauma thing, but this isn't the thread for that.

So I'm watching the trailer and partly my quirk and partly because I didn't want to wake up my sister, I'm going "Ohhhh, OHHHHHHH. Yeahhhhhhh" (slightly higher than normal speaking volume) eventually my sister, while not mad, figured there was no point in trying to sleep)

But anyway, I was sharing this story on Facebook because I'm a dork who just doesn't care and my mom says "Wow, I really thought the sword play was AMAZING. That animation. WOW!"

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Personally, whenever i'll be using The Hero, i'll use the DQVIII model. I always adored VIII's hero design
1bf.jpg

Also because of the little mouse, Munchie in his pocket.

That's adorable. I also like the dragon statuette (?) on his backpack. If they do amiibos for the Hero skins, I miiiiight pick this one up if it has those details. The other ones don't really do much for me.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I'll probably swap between Erdrick and Solo

Mostly because Solo is the only one whose game I've played, but I also like Erdrick's design and him being the big deal of the series.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like that the Heroes all have different equipment from there home games.

Of the ones in Smash I've only played VIII so far but I'll try III and IV soon. I'll also get XIS when it's out.

And I also wanna try the VIII 3DS port because I want to play it again.

I'll probably switch between all four but favor the Luminary and Guv skins.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I don't really like complicated characters in Smash too often, though, so I'm not sure how often I'll actually use Hero

But if Banjo-Kazooie require a complex riddle to use I will still MAIN them as hard as possible.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll definitely be playing most as the XI and III heroes. XI hero has 100% become a favorite of mine after playing that story

Deleted member 6223

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see we did lists for our most wanted post-E3 picks/dreams in Smash. Nearly all are third-parties since I continue to believe that the Fighter Pass will continue to trend that way.

Mine in order:
1. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil series)
2. Doomslayer (Doom series)
3.Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden series)
4.Tracer (Overwatch)
5. Master Chief (Halo series)
6. Twintelle (ARMS, she would be so awesome but alas...)

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame Eight's Dragon Ball hair reference from the western PS2 release isn't in Smash.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Ones I want though I know some are basically out:
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Travis Touchdown
  • Dark Souls rep
  • Sora
  • Agumon

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Need a version without Ridley decapitated.
How's this?

I didn't adjust it too much since I didn't want to cut off too much of Chrom and Falcon, but I brought in more of Ridley's face on the left, and reattached the dog to the duck.

(Based on the position of the blue gem in middle, I think the image you quoted was offset to the left, so this should balance it a bit more.)

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I love doing lists. Assuming top 10 most wanted assuming no restrictions other than video game origin:

1. Master Chief (I'll make my first and only thread in celebration when he finally makes it in)
2. Shantae
3. Sora
4. Spike (Ape Escape)
5. Jill (RE, but my love for the character is mostly based on MvC)
6. Bandanna Dee
7. Dante
8. Ryu Hayabusa
9. Poochy
10. Spyro

These constantly shift around for me beyond the top 3.
just thinking of 10 I want off the top of my head
1. Terra
2. Dante
3. KOS-MOS
4. Marx
5. Medusa (KI)
6. Tetra
7. Skull Kid
8. Magus (Chrono Trigger rep, fuck Crono)
9. Captain Syrup
10. Twintelle

Status
Not open for further replies.