• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really like complicated characters in Smash too often, though, so I'm not sure how often I'll actually use Hero

But if Banjo-Kazooie require a complex riddle to use I will still MAIN them as hard as possible.
Of the DLC characters Banjo seems about on par with Piranha Plant & Corrin in terms of just being like....A Character In A Fighting Game with no real special gimmick

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
are you feeling threaten by Tekken because it could steal the slot away from your precious Ryu? :P

Curses! HE FIGURED ME OUT! FORGIVE ME! I HAVE BEEN FOUND OUT!

I mean... No? Of course not? :p

No Idea? I was just teasing him since it's obvious that he's tired of the discussions about Tekken and Resident Evil. It's eerily similar with what he did with Erdrick and Banjo Kazooie in the past.

I think you need to cool down and not being so defensive over a joke.

I honestly just get bored seeing everyone talking about the same series over and over and over and over again. I think broadening our scope livens up discussion, even if Tekken and Resident Evil seem like the obvious inclusions.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of! I honestly would not have stopped and thought about how cool Ryu would be in Smash if not for your constant mentions.

Vindication, lol.

tenor.gif

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Alright let's have some speculation fun!

After these 5 DLC characters, the CSS will still not be a complete rectangle (leaving 3 spaces from a final perfect row)

People have pointed out that when it's "echoes stacked" it'll be a perfect rectangle, so how do we solve this?

3 MORE ECHO FIGHTERS!

So Era, what are your 3 Echo fighters?

I'll start:

1. Midna (Twili) / Zelda
2. Medusa / Palutena
3. Octoling / Inkling
1. Jeanne / Bayonetta
2. Hilda / Zelda
3. Impa / Sheik

Get me those female and Zelda reps!

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
One of us, one of us!
I'm happy DQ finally got a rep, it was long overdue even if for many it's "just another sword character".

I was a big DQ hater prior to the Hero reveal.

I still despise the character designs because Toriyama is a trash character designer but I really like what Sakurai did with them, he managed to make Erdrick not look like gutter scum and I recognize that is very difficult to do given the sludge he was handed to work on. That's admirable. Very happy for the DQ fans, and glad they at least put the DQ8 skin in there so I have something not trash to use if I ever need to use Hero.

Plus I got Banjo, so we all good homies

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, folks.

I need to hear a Smash remix of Treasure Trove Cove right about now. That little bit in Spiral Mountain was such a tease.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017

Remember when the guys behind DKC2: Serious Monkey Business were actually able to wrangle Wise, Kirkhope and Beanland to do one remix together?

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when he said Doctor Mario was heavier?

I think he said that? Someone said that
I think it was either him or Nate Bihldorf

I can't blame them on that. WHen you have a version of mario that is slower, stronger, has more end lag on things and can't jump as high or fast, I would also call him "heavy" because he's heavy archetype in everything except the part that would make him heavy

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Alright, Smash Era, which version of Hero are you planning on using first? The Luminary? Erdrick? Solo? Or Guv?

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Assuming there's 11 songs like Persona (hopefully more)...my wishlist would be:

1. Spiral Mountain (remix/medley)
2. Grunty's Lair/Grunty Battle (remix/medley)
3. Click Click Wood (seasonal remix/medley)
3. Mad Monster Mansion
4. Treasure Trove Cove
5. Rusty Bucket Bay
6. Cloud Cuckooland
7. Grunty Industries
8. Freezeezy Peak
9. Mayahem Temple
10. Mr. Patch
11. Hot Top Volcano (lol)
I'd swap Cloud Cuckoo Land for Banjoland and Hot Top Volcano for Jiggosseum. Rusty Bucket would also sound really odd on Spiral Mountain, might swap that for Spiller's Harbor or Jinjo Village

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, Smash Era, which version of Hero are you planning on using first? The Luminary? Erdrick? Solo? Or Guv?

I'm thinking Eleven. I never really liked his design, but when you give him a shield it just all clicked. Erdrick has never been great in non-chibi form and I have zero nostalgia for any of them, so yeah, Sword Trunks it is.

Oct 25, 2017

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking Eleven. I never really liked his design, but when you give him a shield it just all clicked. Erdrick has never been great in non-chibi form and I have zero nostalgia for any of them, so yeah, Sword Trunks it is.
one thing I noticed in the trailer is that while Eight and Four have unique shields, only Erdrick is shown with his in the CG segment

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Screw Banjo music, I wanna hear some non-Sugiyama remixes of Dragon Quest music. That would be AMAZING.
I really want a remix of this:

Gotta be Erdrick. I love his design, simple as it is. The Guv is pretty cool too.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

I wonder if they'd tweak this to loop or fully remix it

I haven't really heard a remix of this song that was better than the original. I feel like the N64 instruments are a big part of this song's identity, more so than any other song on the soundtrack

This better be in. It needs to be, right?
I feel like the main theme, some version of Grunty's theme, Treasure Trove Cove and Freezeezy Peak are must haves and will absolutely be in the game in some form. I'm pretty sure the latter two will just be rips (which is fine, they're great)

Status
Not open for further replies.