• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which month do you predict the next Nintendo Direct to happen? (Direct as The General Direct)

• August

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • September

Votes: 219 76.8%
  • October

Votes: 51 17.9%
  • November

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One random daydream I thought how Toby would push a character like Toriel for playable in Smash if he could, because "lol messing with the fanbase's expectations"

but that honestý wouldn't be so bad? She knows about Sparing too (however something like that would be implemented), plus we'd have an actual heavyweight on the DLC roster

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
If we're talking "popular in Japan" there's only one choice...

tenor.gif

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Was sonic leaked? I recall that many people were equally confused when sonic dropped out of nowhere to the dojo page.

Simon was leaked by a mash of leaks which was what i mentioned, DQ was never directed allured to (till the datamine/Tansut's confirmation) and Banjo never felt liked there was anything substantial behind them till Shinobi. Unless i missed something.

Yup, he was. A moderator accused him of a fake leak, and edited his post into something nasty in term of mocking them for being a liar. That's why not many people know because the post was edited. People don't believe the member who leaked it because he had quite obsessions which made a joke out of themselves so people didn't take him serious.

It's all subjective, I do believe they were hinted and teased in the past so but that's me since people's perceptive are different on the matters.

This was how I saw it. Friend mentioned seeing it and I did a quick search. A bunch of sites started reporting the rumor as of August 3rd.

Ah, alright. Thanks! :)

Anything that says Undertale in any capacity is coming as a Smash character is extremely easy to write off as fake.

I don't think we should underestimate any franchises in general, just in case!

...fuck now I'm realising the Hero is the one reason we don't have the 2Booty.

To be fair, Dragon Quest is way better choice than Neir at the moment.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
GilvaSunner's channel got nuked from the Earth so that should quell Geno's rumours
There's been alot of quashing of music related to Nintendo on Youtube. Three Houses has infamously had all of it's music rips taken off as soon as they were posted and even other games like Xenoblade 2. So yeah it's either this means nothing or Geno, Byleth, and Rex are coming to Smash

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
There's been alot of quashing of music related to Nintendo on Youtube. Three Houses has infamously had all of it's music rips taken off as soon as they were posted and even other games like Xenoblade 2. So yeah it's either this means nothing or Geno, Byleth, and Rex are coming to Smash
That's 3 characters when there are only 2 slots left.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I really hope there's another FP. I don't want the Ultimate train to end. I want some deep cut Nintendo stuff. :(

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Nintendo probably has a bot that checks things like "Smash music" and "Mario music" and that's why stuff like a fan Banjo Smash remix and SMRPG remix get taken down even if Nintendo doesn't technically have a claim to those licenses.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Unless there is a bonus character :P
I was trying to be cheeky but that's not exactly an out there possibility.

Rex and Geno as the final Pass characters and Byleth as a bonus. I'd be okay with that but it's very likely Nintendo cracking down on music rips on Youtube and doesn't have much relation to Smash at all.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I really hope there's another FP. I don't want the Ultimate train to end. I want some deep cut Nintendo stuff. :(
That likely won't happen even if we get more DLC. If another Fighters Pass happens, it'll probably be filled with third-party characters or first-party characters from recent Nintendo games (mostly the former).

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Bonus character is Dixie Kong who you get for free when you pre-order DKCR3 due in April 2020.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Bonus character is Bonus Kun from Waku Waku 7.

hqdefault.jpg

He's a Ryu echo, so being a bonus character makes sense.

Bonus character is Astral Chain Officer.

It's the closest we'll get to 2B in Smash, lol.

Small brain: We want to make a new IP with Platinum.
Big brain: We wanted to get 2B in Smash but Square-Enix asked for too much money, so we are having the same developers make a new IP that is closest to it gameplay-wise.

I don't ever recall Nintendo ever being this draconian when it came to Fire Emblem music. Something must have changed or they are doing it on a record label's behalf.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Regarding Three Houses, isn't the music license with Sony's music division? Maybe that would explain the TH tracks being pulled from YouTube.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My point is that there's more than enough doubt to where that's far from certain. Even when the Mii Costume Theory was around, I didn't 100% get my hopes up for that happening.

Sure. The lack of the costume just means I'm still in the same place I've always been.

Which is that I jump up and down screaming "HARD LOCK! HARD LOCK!"

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Bonus character is clearly an expy of a Sony property. Probably Gran Turismo car but reimagined as a horss carriage.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if Geno's costume doesn't return because they saw too many people complain about its existence.
I better get my Mega Man and Lloyd costumes back, though, goddammit.

Bonus character is Bonus Kun from Waku Waku 7.

hqdefault.jpg

He's a Ryu echo, so being a bonus character makes sense.
Why would they use Bonus Kun when Sandbag is right there?

Dec 31, 2018
In all seriousness, do you actually think Geno has a chance in Ultimate at this point?
Absolutely. Smash Ultimate is full of characters that were considered and dismissed in previous smash games. People thought the chances of Banjo getting into smash were little to none. Really, he only got in because the fans wanted him so bad. Same with Ridley and K Rool. And while I know people on Era aren't huge fans of Geno, you can't dismiss a large number of people who do want him in. That being said, I don't know if they'd give him his own stage or music, but he could definitely be a bonus character.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Why has there been so much talk of a "bonus character"? We already got Piranha Plant. Fighting game characters take several months (and lots of money) to make. It's not like this game is hurting for the sales and publicity that another free character would bring.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Why has there been so much talk of a "bonus character"? We already got Piranha Plant. Fighting game characters take several months (and lots of money) to make. It's not like this game is hurting for the sales and publicity that another free character would bring.

The answer is simple: Geno fanboys are desperate and are grasping at any straws they can to convince themselves that he still has a chance.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
I'm not ready for the inevitable crushing realization that the roster is complete, and that we're not getting any more characters after the Fighter Pass. So uh, bonus character!

Status
Not open for further replies.