• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which month do you predict the next Nintendo Direct to happen? (Direct as The General Direct)

• August

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • September

Votes: 219 76.8%
  • October

Votes: 51 17.9%
  • November

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
c89.jpg

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Just a heads-up, the Spirit Event of the week was posted a minute before Joker's release info.

The dream of Hero this week may be dead.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but they'd have to reveal Hero and do a showcase right?

I mean, would they?

Not that this leak holds any water whatsoever, but we have no idea if Joker is the norm for how they'll be announcing these things or not. Piranha Plant and 2.0 dropped without any fanfare if I remember right.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I mean, would they?

Not that this leak holds any water whatsoever, but we have no idea if Joker is the norm for how they'll be announcing these things or not. Piranha Plant and 2.0 dropped without any fanfare if I remember right.
But at the same time, Piranha Plant didn't include any music or a new stage.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
If anything, if the trailer is implying that Hero would be out this month then it might be announced between MUA3 and FETH. So that's next week and it's probably early in the week.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
I always thought that Hero release date was going to be an EVO announcement, will probably still ring true

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Fun Fact: Dai (from Dragon Quest: The Great Adventure of Dai) in Jump Force was actually Toshiko Fujita's final role before her unfortunate death last December. This was a role reprisal from the original anime.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Which was later changed from "July" to "Summer".
Likely to hide the fact that they spoiled Hero's release timing.

If it was REALLY meant to represent the remainder of Summer, then why
  • did they signal out Fortnite Season 9 if it ends in two weeks?
  • was Astral Chain (or even some September releases) not present in the video?
I'm certain the original title is what the video was intended to be.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Honestly, i'm just suprised that they didn't take the video down to remove Hero outright.

I mean, they did it with Brawl and Smash 4 trailers to hide information we weren't supposed to know about (even for something as unimportant as spoiling that Ganondorf was back).

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Which was later changed from "July" to "Summer".

Not all patterns are set in stone Neoxon. With every game in that video set to be released in July and no mention of astral Chain or Links awakening, it is obvious that that video was meant to showcase everything that came out in july.

The correction feels more like Nintendo covering up their own mistake.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
It's like we forgot all the things leaked by Nintendo commercials/advertisements

- Lucario and Jigglypuff for Brawl (and RIP Mewtwo)
- Ganondorf in Smash 4 3DS
- Great Cave Offensive is a stage
- The final roster number total of Ultimate
- The healing sprout item
- Stage Builder coming to Ultimate
- Joker's render

Hero is coming in July. Nintendo goofed and then tried to fix their mistake, but the Internet never forgets

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's like we forgot all the things leaked by Nintendo commercials/advertisements

- Lucario and Jigglypuff for Brawl (and RIP Mewtwo)
- Ganondorf in Smash 4 3DS
- Great Cave Offensive is a stage
- The final roster number total of Ultimate
- The healing sprout item
- Stage Builder coming to Ultimate
- Joker's render

Hero is coming in July. Nintendo goofed and then tried to fix their mistake, but the Internet never forgets
This. There has been precedence.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Should Hero overshadow Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 or Fire Emblem Three Houses?

(Heh, Both have 3 in the title)

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
At this rate, Hero's probably gonna be on a collision course with Three Houses if he's out this month. Going by how Joker was handled, we probably won't get Hero this week.
Don't think Hero can overshadow Three Houses honestly. I would say Marvel. But I've been expecting that title to be an okay performer at best since it's announcment

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
At this rate, Hero's probably gonna be on a collision course with Three Houses if he's out this month. Going by how Joker was handled, we probably won't get Hero this week.
Joker really isn't precedence enough for it to completely guide speculation.

If Hero falls in line with his reveal/release timing, then sure. But right now? Nope.

Should Hero overshadow Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 or Fire Emblem Three Houses?

(Heh, Both have 3 in the title)
No.

It should overshadow Dragon Quest XI S in September. Obviously.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So looking at the Lupin "leak"

The date and time of 7/17 10AM PST is listed, but we didn't generally know what it was referring to.
Considering the stuff listed afterwards is overview details, it likely is the overview trailer. But it doesn't mention anything about what time the additions would be available. I think we get the overview at 10AM PST, and the patch is later that day. Though they could always spring an "available now" on us.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Bold prediction: Hero will come out on the 29th to coincide with the original release date of Dragon Quest XI.

Mar 9, 2018
That's too bad about that leak. But don't worry, I pictured Sans' render in my head and he looks good. Everything is going to be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.