• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which month do you predict the next Nintendo Direct to happen? (Direct as The General Direct)

• August

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • September

Votes: 219 76.8%
  • October

Votes: 51 17.9%
  • November

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
He's still bad.

Honestly I'm getting sick of the Hero ban debate already that I'm almost on pro ban just to get it over with. Better than spending so much time complaining about a low tier

Nobody said he was overpowered lol. Just capable of turning a match into a joke like that, in games vs good players who apparently have worse reactions than the average godlike player on these forums.

you're out of your mind if you think hes low tier though

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nobody said he was overpowered lol. Just capable of turning a match into a joke like that, in games vs good players who apparently have worse reactions than the average godlike player on these forums.

you're out of your mind if you think hes low tier though
Nah he is. Terrible frame data, mediocre zoning that's also on a resource, and just gets rush downed super badly. If it weren't for his Down B acting as a decent deterrent to get people to be careful he would just get bullied super badly.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
We should be discussing important things like Fire Emblem, Resident Evil and how Isabelle has the cutest animations in Smash
Speaking of discussing important things, let me shamefully bring this question back into play (since it got lost on the last page)
I wonder what that new Smash mode could be (or was; if it was cut during development). It's definitely a lot harder to predict than new Games & More and Online additions, since there isn't really any precedence or hints to look at. Keeping in mind that it would probably be a Special Smash mode (alongside Custom Smash, Super Sudden Death and Smashdown), what ideas do we have?

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I keep forgetting Piranha Plant is in the game.

Honestly, His moveset is pretty disappointing for a quirky character

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Nah he is. Terrible frame data, mediocre zoning that's also on a resource, and just gets rush downed super badly. If it weren't for his Down B acting as a decent deterrent to get people to be careful he would just get bullied super badly.

Don't think ive seen a single noteworthy player put him in low tier? from my experience hes a pretty good character even without using down B.
Hes heavy, has strong projectiles, mostly decent arials, a great uptilt and good to great recovery (that also works as a pretty good out of shield escape option). The movement speed is the biggest flaw imo.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
It's worrisome seeing how many posts are asking for Goku in that Master Chief thread... like, and they're not even joking.

I blame Super Smash Flash btw.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since DQ11 is a Nintendo published title (at least in the west), does that mean there's a low chance it will go on sale soon after release? Since that often happens with Square games on the Switch.

Just wondering if I should day 1 it with my voucher or not.
yeah, Nintendo-published third party titles generally don't see much in the way of discounts

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So ok, apparently you fuckers will not shut up about this to the point where you will all harrass a person in real life up to and including throwing food, dirt, and drinks in my face for asking to play as him. How do you suggest we "fix" the character for him to not be bannable? Or will I just have to "suck it up" whenever I dare try and enjoy a game?

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of discussing important things, let me shamefully bring this question back into play (since it got lost on the last page)
I read your post on this.

New modes don't interest me enough to discuss.
Nor online modes. Since i Don't play online.

Only thing I would like is an expansion on World Of light, which isn't going to happen. or A better Stage Builder, which should be much better then what got.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sexist Male Zelda character besides Link And ganondorf?

latest

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Why are the front row seats lower than the arena in Pokemon Stadium? Is this like a move theater where it is better to sit in the middle or back? Fix this nonsense Sakurai. It's been nearly 20 years!

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
So ok, apparently you fuckers will not shut up about this to the point where you will all harrass a person in real life up to and including throwing food, dirt, and drinks in my face for asking to play as him. How do you suggest we "fix" the character for him to not be bannable? Or will I just have to "suck it up" whenever I dare try and enjoy a game?

is this in response to posting clips? it wasn't a personal attack and im not sure why you're bringing up irl harassment.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
No because I went to a local and got shit flung at me.

....that sounds like they should have been removed from the venue and banned from competing?
for what reason would people do that? Did you do anything about it, because if that happened you should be setting an example for other people by making that public. I wouldn't let that shit slide.

Last edited:

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
....that sounds like they should have been removed from the venue and banned from competing?
for what reason would people do that?

No clue, I went asking for some friendlies to see how I'd fare against him then the next thing I know a tray of food wacks me in the face. No one even felt particularly sorry or even guilty and I didn't see who threw it. Maybe it wasn't Smash related because there's a fair going on near here. I'm just fuming right now.

... So you're blaming us?

No, i'm just pissed.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No clue, I went asking for some friendlies to see how I'd fare against him then the next thing I know a tray of food wacks me in the face. No one even felt particularly sorry or even guilty and I didn't see who threw it. Maybe it wasn't Smash related because there's a fair going on near here. I'm just fuming right now.

No, i'm just pissed.

Sorry to hear that, dude. It's amazing the kind of manchildren these things attract.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
for what reason would people do that? Did you do anything about it, because if that happened you should be setting an example for other people by making that public. I wouldn't let that shit slide.

Yeah, it probably had nothing to do with this smash particulary. There is a local fair going on near here (the fair grounds are across the street) and apparently the guy just walked in the local and chucked a tray of food at the first person they saw then ran. Sorry.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it probably had nothing to do with this smash particulary. There is a local fair going on near here (the fair grounds are across the street) and apparently the guy just walked in the local and chucked a tray of food at the first person they saw then ran. Sorry.

that's still really fucked up. your locals are held in a rural area?

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly don't see the appeal of wanting non VG characters in Smash.

Smash is about the characters you play as in other games and then seeing how their play styles interact with each other. There's beauty in that focus.

At what point do you stop with non VG characters? People commonly bring up cartoon and comic book characters, but why not characters from novels, historical figurines, current celebs? Once you accept one non VG character you have to accept them all and that's just a mess.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

Smash is about the characters you play as in other games and then seeing how their play styles interact with each other. There's beauty in that focus.

At what point do you stop with non VG characters? People commonly bring up cartoon and comic book characters, but why not characters from novels, historical figurines, current celebs? Once you accept one non VG character you have to accept them all and that's just a mess.
So, I completely get what you mean & I'm here for it, but I would be remiss not to poist these

800px-Lincoln_ssb4.png

800px-Ice-t_ssb4.png

800px-SSB4_-_AKB48_Intro_01.jpg

You either die as a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the Hero. All characters must bow before Japan's national video game.

For the effort and paperwork to get one non-video game character in Smash, you might as well get four of Sony's first party characters in Smash.

I expect a Halloween-related event to come to Smash.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Yep. Spongebob getting in would also mean batman, chuck norris, obama, and michael jordan can all get in.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
With the Smash community's fetish for rules I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't already come up with rules for the hypothetical situation of non VG reps in Smash.

"Sakurai will only add an actor who has won at least one academy award!"

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's really a matter of whether the "video game" iteration is sufficiently transformative.

We already have a celebrity (Ryuta Kawashima) and a literary character (Dracula) in the game, but they're over that line of "video game character" that's unique and separate from the origin. There are non-game characters I'd be happy to see included in Smash. There are also game characters that don't belong in Smash... like, there are a bunch of original characters in Marvel: Contest of Champions, but just because they started out in a game doesn't mean they're video game characters, you know?

James Bond and Oda Nobunaga, good. Goku and Spider-Man, bad. But I think that line is a blurry one.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Was looking at the Switch lites and came across the Special Edition for Smash. That could've been so much better.

With the Smash community's fetish for rules I wouldn't be surprised if someone hasn't already come up with rules for the hypothetical situation of non VG reps in Smash.

"Sakurai will only add an actor who has won at least one academy award!"
so Christian Bale's Batman is making it to Smash. The rules have allowed it

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017

People are just garbage, dude. Do not let them get you down. You keep on keeping on. Stay strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.