• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which month do you predict the next Nintendo Direct to happen? (Direct as The General Direct)

• August

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • September

Votes: 219 76.8%
  • October

Votes: 51 17.9%
  • November

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
You clearly are Becuase those don't match Richter and you can find better ones in past titles if you're gonna try to rag on Fire emblem for no good reason other then getting upset at someone disliking Simon's design.
What, you want me to bust out pictures of He-Man and Conan the Barbarian as some sort of idiotic gotcha on Simon's design? What are you even trying to argue? That human characters look like humans?
I'm honestly blown away that y'all aren't seeing the similarities in facial structure and clothing style between these two and Richter. Do y'all really think "brown hair human" is the biggest common trait here?? The second guy is pretty much just Richter in green with a pot on his head. I'm not trying to do some gotcha or anything, but at least with Conan and He-Man they're wearing considerably different (and less) clothing that Simon. I don't want this to turn into some enormous argument but like even putting these guys next to Richter's Smash render it just feels like a take on the same dude, just by a different artist.

GarudaSmash

Sep 12, 2018
47697.jpg
I can't take my own posts seriously with that avatar.

Not changing it tho

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
I'm glad people are pushing for more variety in characters and I genuinely think a character like Dixie deserves to be in at this point

But man, Fire Emblem hate gets kinda tiring lol. Last week, I got a bunch of hate from some guy on Discord cause I played Chrom and I was "killing Smash" lol
It sucks that you got that treatment for playing Chrom. Fire Emblem is worthy of having the echo fighters.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The second guy has an exaggerated Roman nose and looks absolutely nothing like Richter.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
In Elite Smash, though, Peach has a win rate of 54.4% and Daisy has one of 50.9% – how did that even happen!? In terms of usage, though, they're roughly the same.

Peach is kinda hard so I think Daisy just drew in people new to Peach's moveset. Including the obsessive fans that argued against Daisy being a clone lol

Also y'all thought that turnip shit was balanced?

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
If I was gonna say Richter's design was derivative of anything it'd obviously be Street Fighter Alpha-era Ryu.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
The literal only resemblance between Richter and these two is that they're white guys with brown hair, dude. By that same logic Cloud and Shulk look the same.

Hell, Pit looks like Richter by that logic!
You have got to be joking with those comparisons. The clothes, hairstyle, just about everything about those characters looks different. They don't even have similar silhouettes ffs. Pit has flipping WINGS.

On the other hand with these guys, if I knew nothing about FE you could've told me the latter guy was a Richter alt from some obscure CV spinoff and I would've believed you. That's how similar they look to me.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
You have got to be joking with those comparisons. The clothes, hairstyle, just about everything about those characters looks different. They don't even have similar silhouettes ffs. Pit has flipping WINGS.

On the other hand with these guys, if I knew nothing about FE you could've told me the latter guy was a Richter alt from some obscure CV spinoff and I would've believed you. That's how similar they look to me.
OK, you're definitely trolling now.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018

Guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree then. Cause I genuinely think those two look nothing like Richter at all.

(And I named those examples because they're as different from each other then Richter and the generic Awakening Hero/Villager.)

GarudaSmash

Sep 12, 2018
It's hard for me to really hate any of the characters. I was more bitter during the influx of fire emblem characters because goo-goo-ga-ga Sakurai is biased and hates the games I like.

I still think Piranha Plant was a waste of development time over someone else.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
See, it's very easy for me to find a reason to hate Chrom:

instead of getting a Zelda echo, we got Chrom.

Seems pretty simple to me.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
For some people: instead of getting DKC echo, we got Chrom.
Yeah, but we got K. Rool, so I can't really be mad at no Funky or Dixie.

But Super Smash Dads
Honestly the best argument for Chrom's inclusion; being part of the second dad and child pair in Smash makes him an important inclusion.

So fine, i'd trade Daisy for Impa instead. Dark Samus, Richter and Ken stay thanks to something called personal bias.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Corrin is one of the most unique Fire Emblem characters gameplay wise though (plus their game is the best-selling in the franchise, unfortunately); they have a rightful spot in Smash (even if, in retrospect, I wish Elma was Smash 4's promotional DLC pick).
Please. It's never about the gameplay. It's about the character.

That's why Richter is better then Simon.

(In all seriousness. I like every character in Smash.)

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018

I know you're joking, but I've seriously never gotten this train of thought. Wouldn't it be more easy to assume we would have gotten nothing instead?

GarudaSmash

Sep 12, 2018
I'd welcome Impa as a Sheik clone with Cloud's smash attacks. She'd have the distinction of being the first Zelda series clone with someone else's sword attacks. /s

I'd actually be ok with that nonetheless.

Jun 11, 2019
Honestly the best argument for Chrom's inclusion; being part of the second dad and child pair in Smash makes him an important inclusion.

So fine, i'd trade Daisy for Impa instead.
I do understand being peeved that someone you wanted didn't get in tho, so I'm not too bothered if people don't like Chrom. I just think he's a fun character and he's ironically one of the FE characters that got to express more of their personality than the others.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Chrom was requested (especially in Japan) & already had a model in the game. He was one of the easiest echo choices that Sakurai could have made.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I know you're joking, but I've seriously never gotten this train of thought. Wouldn't it be more easy to assume we would have gotten nothing instead?
I mean, we don't know exactly when the Echo Fighters were planned out during development (it's safe to assume that Richter and Ken probably happened earlier on, due to third-party negotiations being required) or if all of them were even part of the original project plan.

I feel like the current selection we have now would've been narrowed down from a larger group of characters, chosen for a variety of reasons (popularity, adapatability over their base character, Sakurai bias [in the case of Ken], etc). In a way, I guess it could be valid to assume a different character could have replaced one of the final echoes if they had a particular amount of them planned, but in the (more likely) scenario of the echoes being added if timed allowed it, then Chrom in particular was likely seen as a simple inclusion (in comparison to other potential echo fighters) that they could feasibly squeeze into the game.

This is all, of course, just speculation with not much to go on.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the outrage over Zelda's playable roster in Smash about the fact that is hasn't actually received a fully unique moveset since 2001? How exactly would an echo fighter help things there?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Isn't the outrage over Zelda's playable roster in Smash about the fact that is hasn't actually received a fully unique moveset since 2001? How exactly would an echo fighter help things there?
Nah, that's louisacommie's outrage.

I main Ganondorf, so i'm clearly fine with the Zelda clones (and clones in general), lol. I'd just want more Zelda characters in any form I can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.