• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which month do you predict the next Nintendo Direct to happen? (Direct as The General Direct)

• August

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • September

Votes: 219 76.8%
  • October

Votes: 51 17.9%
  • November

Votes: 11 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Fun to imagine Chun-Li, Scorpion, Heihachi and Kyo or Mai in Ultimate. The realest fighting game.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's not a hot take to note that it was a trailer to dress up a bunch of old RE games. And was Nintendo even the company that produced it, or did Capcom make it to market their games as part of the E3 presentation?

It's not a crystal ball into Smash speculation. It's a marketing tool to try to convince people to play RE6 on a handheld.

Everything is Smash Speculation. You should know that by now, lol.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Would not be surprised if the final DLC was revealed in its own video much like Bayonetta in the final presentation. Gives them a chance to do the reveal and explanation all in one.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Here's something fun to spruce up speculation in this post-Hero world.

Remember that Staling picture from a few weeks ago; posted by a source in Sabi's Discord? We weren't sure if it was an actual hint towards something or just a random picture, but now we know it was meant to be a hint (not necessarily for Smash though; mind you).

It's time for Geno at EVO this to not be fruitful at all.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Here's something fun to spruce up speculation in this post-Hero world.

Remember that Staling picture from a few weeks ago; posted by a source in Sabi's Discord? We weren't sure if it was an actual hint towards something or just a random picture, but now we know it was meant to be a hint (not necessarily for Smash though; mind you).

It's time for Geno at EVO this to not be fruitful at all.

38f8f69b952c992fafa473b9e7b5f406.png

It's not the same source that gave her the hints about Link's Awakening or Banjo, for the record.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of amazed that they fixed down air stalling after 11 and a half years

I think everyone just assumed it was intended behavior

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
If we get the RE Reps and it ends up being Chris,Jill,Leon and Claire - will they be like Olimar/Alph and go under their orginal names or be like the Hero and have a unifying name like Stars Squad

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I really don't think Geno is one of the DLC Pack, maybe as an extra charcter post the Pack but definetly not part of the park

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You need to consider that Nintendo kinda wasn't allowed to do the same with Crash (at least not Nitro-Fueled), once Sony had the marketing rights shared with Activision. Not even Microsoft had anything to say during Nitro-Fueled's pre-release. All the trailers and demo builds were also running on PS4

BUT when comes to N. Sane Trilogy however, Nintendo was the one that had the privilege to kick off the official announcement that the game would be multiplat now. They even called Crash "gaming icon".

And coverage was plenty too in the events following, including next E3. They also had it featured in Neko Mario Show

That Nintendo took second place for Crash doesn't sit well with me if he's supposed to be coming to Smash...

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Wish they kept the Geno costume to free us from months of speculation leading to nothing.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say appearing as a spirit in the base game should be enough to deconfirm him, but a lot of people tend to deny that.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
So far Hero is the exception when it comes to Nintendo's involvement with an IP. They don't even have Persona 5 on Switch and they're not exactly involved with Banjo Kazooie either. However they have a decent relationship with Sega and Microsoft in general so if you want to play the 'how involved is Nintendo' game you're probably better off looking at that angle rather than worrying about a trailer at E3.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
If Crash was happening you'd think their would have been leaks, teases, rumours surrounding him like there has been with Doom and was with Dragon Quest/Banjo/Castelvania. It's not like Activison-Blizzard is known for running a tight ship. They leak all the time.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say appearing as a spirit in the base game should be enough to deconfirm him, but a lot of people tend to deny that.

To deny what you're saying would imply there was some proven truth to it. We're just speculating at this point.

You have to admit the costume's absence after Smash For made such a big deal of it is conspicuous.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So far Hero is the exception when it comes to Nintendo's involvement with an IP. They don't even have Persona 5 on Switch and they're not exactly involved with Banjo Kazooie either. However they have a decent relationship with Sega and Microsoft in general so if you want to play the 'how involved is Nintendo' game you're probably better off looking at that angle rather than worrying about a trailer at E3.

Koei Tecmo character speculation intensifies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I don't get why the FS Meter change doesn't apply to Spirits
They probably balanced the Spirit battles around the original FS Meter, and didn't want to mess with them.

Plus a few spirit battles are centred around the enemy getting an instant FS, so being able to camp them out would make those battles way easier.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Hero feels way too good, but from playing around with him it seems like he will be somewhat vulnerable to being out camped by other good ranged characters. The RNG of the down b is broken but he can move while selecting an attack and will hopefully be susceptible to pressure

Oct 27, 2017
I'm less concerned with who's coming and more so with what the heck the release schedule from here on out will be. It took three months to get Joker after Piranha Plant, and then another three months to get Hero. Banjo is releasing Fall 2020, so I'm guessing that will put him right at the end of October if we follow the three month interval, but then we have two characters who have yet to be released. And they did say that all of the content in the Fighter Pass would release by February 2020, which at by the beginning of November 2019, the would only have three months left.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I'm less concerned with who's coming and more so with what the heck the release schedule from here on out will be. It took three months to get Joker after Piranha Plant, and then another three months to get Hero. Banjo is releasing Fall 2020, so I'm guessing that will put him right at the end of October if we follow the three month interval, but then we have two characters who have yet to be released. And they did say that all of the content in the Fighter Pass would release by February 2020, which at by the beginning of November 2019, the would only have three months left.
Frankly, Banjo should be out in less time considering it seems based on E3, Banjo is decently done

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
6 of the 8 mainline Resident Evil games have come to Switch over the last two years, and Resident Evil obviously has a strong historical connection to Nintendo through numerous (timed) exclusives like REmake, RE0, RE4, Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles, and Revelations.

I'm not sure if any of that helps, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that this is what Nintendo views as the summer time.

D_SgBcsVAAAGPWP.jpg

So yeah, Banjo definitely won't drop earlier than October.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
I think the argument has shifted now that he's gonna be a bonus character after the Pass.

It would allow them to add him without having to come up with a new stage, music, and spirit board. I just don't know though. Geno would be a literally who for the vast majority of Smash players.

The only benefit for Nintendo of adding Geno as a bonus fighter is that it would please the hardcore crazy fans without tainting the Fighter Pack in the eyes of normies. Of course this all requires SE to want to do this. Now that's a big IF.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Remember at the vgas when Reggie, Shawn, and Phil all went up with eachother? Maybe it was hinting at both a microsoft rep and a "sony" rep. Crash wouldn't technically be, but yea.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't this originally used as proof that Hero didn't need to release until August or September?

Let's just toss out this calender already.

I mean

They still released Hero on July 30th. Which fits into Nintendo's summer timeframe. I don't see why we should completely forget about this calender and expect Banjo to be released in September considering Nintendo literally views that as a summer month.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I mean

They still released Hero on July 30th. Which fits into Nintendo's summer timeframe. I don't see why we should completely forget about this calender and expect Banjo to be released in September considering Nintendo literally views that as a summer month.
Is there even anyone expecting banjo for september anyway?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I mean

Summer ends in late September; I don't think the calendar would split up the month like that.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Reggie at the VGAs also said it would be characters new to the series so that kills Geno's chances there and then.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Reggie at the VGAs also said it would be characters new to the series so that kills Geno's chances there and then.
The character 'Geno' has never physically appeared in the Super Smash Bros. series :)

Besides, i'm pretty sure that quote is just supposed to mean that all of the characters are newcomers, something that Sakurai emphasized in the November Direct too.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The character 'Geno' has never physically appeared in the Super Smash Bros. series :)

Besides, i'm pretty sure that quote is just supposed to mean that all of the characters are newcomers, something that Sakurai emphasized in the November Direct too.
Didn't he also say characters that wouldn't normally be expected and could bring in new audiences?

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai has probably spent a lot of money already for the Fighter's pass. Just look at two of the characters we got. One from Square, and the other Microsoft.

Not to mention the reveal trailers are costy!

Yeah, I'm not surprised with that but I just wonder if there is more to budget comment like Season Pass 2 ;P (not that I'm expecting that tho)

I don't really even believe Sakurai has a budget. I feel like Nintendo would just give him whatever he needs.

It's odd since he mentioned budgets like three time this year so I wonder if he could hint something more than we are expecting. Early this year, he said he had some budget on aside but now they are out of it so I wonder if he decided to spent it on something else. (IT's more likely to be those CGI reveal trailers tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.