• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are we going to see Nintendo character getting in Smash Bros via DLC?

• Yes!!!

Votes: 90 59.6%
  • No...

Votes: 61 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I would list Pikachu Libra, Leaf, female Robin and female Corrin too but I'm not interested to get into arguments with certain people over this. (I do considered them as their own characters as well. Even Likachu Libra, since she's the representative of Pokken despite her moveset isn't accurate tho.) I'm sure that there are more.

I don't really count those mii costumes since they doesn't really looks like real characters but Sans really comes so close tho.

I shall do it them !

1. Zero
  2. Yiga Clan
  3. Viridi
  4. Vince
  5. Veronica
  6. Toy Con
  7. Toad
  8. Team Rocket
  9. Takamaru
  10. Tails
  11. Spring Man
  12. Skull Kid
  13. Ribbon Girl
  14. Sans
  15. Saki
  16. Rex
  17. Ray
  18. Nia
  19. MK III
  20. Martial Artist
  21. Knucles
  22. Flying Man
  23. Protoman
  24. Persona 4
  25. Persona 3
  26. Lip
  27. KK Slider
  28. Isaac
  29. Goemon
  30. Erdrick
  31. Dunban
  32. Chibi Robo
  33. Black Knight
  34. Ashley

I think this is everyone!
34+81+5th char = 116 characters =D

I will add the variations later

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Remember one week ago when the Direct thread was locked because of people talking about wanting to fuck Kirby ?
8FQI6Sb.png

I usually don't bother much with the Direct threads since it's mostly pointless prattle before the Direct and pointless prattle (read people complaining) afterwards.

You've just helped convince me I've been making the correct choice.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Skull Kid costume beats Sans I think. Sans looks great but the face doesn't emote. Neither does Skull Kid but he's literally wearing a mask so it doesn't need too.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Skull Kid costume beats Sans I think. Sans looks great but the face doesn't emote. Neither does Skull Kid but he's literally wearing a mask so it doesn't need too.
The thing with that is that it's clearly a Skull Kid costume. It doesn't turn your exposed limbs into Skull Kid's, and your Mii's head is still visible. The Sans costume is full-body, no exposed Mii features. It's almost like you ARE Sans completely.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
8FQI6Sb.png

I usually don't bother much with the Direct threads since it's mostly pointless prattle before the Direct and pointless prattle (read people complaining) afterwards.

You've just helped convince me I've been making the correct choice.
We don't talk about the Direct thread.
Direct Threads are complete insanity and I'm perpetually amazed that the Direct Speculation OT is still going.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
The scale isn't quite right, I think. The head/mask is too big and Skull Kid seems a little lankier.

And it's Brawler, so it does literally nothing Skull Kid would do

Yeah I guess that's true. Either way those two costumes definitely at least give you the illusion of playing as the real character in a way none of the other Mii costumes do.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
The scale isn't quite right, I think. The head/mask is too big and Skull Kid seems a little lankier.

And it's Brawler, so it does literally nothing Skull Kid would do
You know I'm honestly surprised mii costumes are so segregated.
Brawler costumes feel like they should map just fine to Swordfighters an dyou could probably get away with a default sword for a lot of them, or reuse existing swords.
Gunners would need a new gunarm presumably but I dunno. Just seems like something that should be available to everyone. Have a bear that can punch you, why not!

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
People have been saying "why should they continue after the roster of cuts will definitely make the game inferior"

I've come to the conclusion that if it takes half the roster getting cut in order to get a story mode that can feature every character in cutscenes with specific roles, I would GLADLY take it. It's a whole new aspect to the crossover aspect of Smash that really hasn't been explored since SSE (which was already exciting enough for me despite being an ok execution, imagine if it could actually be REALLY good)

I'll always have Ultimate to go back to

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Port Ultimate in the first year of the next console's life (if it doesn't have backwards compatibility), with all content included. Maybe some bonus new content if the team is up for it.

Then Sakurai can release his next game (Smash reboot or not) when it is ready.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
People have been saying "why should they continue after the roster of cuts will definitely make the game inferior"

I've come to the conclusion that if it takes half the roster getting cut in order to get a story mode that can feature every character in cutscenes with specific roles, I would GLADLY take it. It's a whole new aspect to the crossover aspect of Smash that really hasn't been explored since SSE (which was already exciting enough for me despite being an ok execution, imagine if it could actually be REALLY good)

Problem is that will only pull people away from Ultimate long enough to finish the story mode. Once they're done with the story everyone will return to Ultimate because the heart of Smash is the multiplayer.

I feel there is NO going back after this. At least for me.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fighting games are iterative by nature, and they might as well re-release Ultimate if there's nowhere up to go anymore.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've come to the conclusion that if it takes half the roster getting cut in order to get a story mode that can feature every character in cutscenes with specific roles, I would GLADLY take it.

I think if they could get an episodic thing going where there are these "installments" that introduce characters in batches, that would be a really cool thing to introduce into Ultimate DLC (or any future continuation of Ultimate as a platform for delivering Smash content).

Or, in a different scenario, just make it a different game altogether and draw from Ultimate's character pool in a continually expanding fashion. Unfortunately however, I think getting certain characters into cutscenes period is just not going to happen cough Cloud cough.

Either way, I recognize that having an expansive story mode with lots of cutscenes and decent platforming segments is something that would be pretty much impossible to accomplish with Ultimate's roster without 1) pretty much ceasing the addition of new fighters and 2) drastically increasing the workload on the development team.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Those are dumb and they exist because alternatives to traditional business models haven't cropped up till now. Who wants to buy a new game with less in it?
But at the same time, at least in Street Fighter's case, the SFIV assets aged like milk bought a week before the expiration date. And while the SFV animations are great, the models likely won't age well. I wouldn't be surprised if SFVI starts from scratch again. Not sure about Mortal Kombat, especially since we just got MK11.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But at the same time, at least in Street Fighter's case, the SFIV assets aged like milk bought a week before the expiration date. And while the SFV animations are great, the models likely won't age well. I wouldn't be surprised if SFVI starts from scratch again. Not sure about Mortal Kombat, especially since we just got MK11.

Start from scratch and then piecemeal the DLC for years until the next installment reboots again.

This sounds sustainable and not driven entirely by a sect of hardcore fans.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Start from scratch and then piecemeal the DLC for years until the next installment reboots again.

This sounds sustainable and not driven entirely by a sect of hardcore fans.
It's how Street Fighter has done it from the beginning, & Mortal Kombat isn't far off. Plus it allows for more sweeping changes to movesets & mechanics. There are pros & cons to each approach.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And now that I've cleverly dovetailed this conversation to the Vs. series I can reveal my grand master plan.

Capcom Fighting All Stars, a free game that reuses all the Capcom characters from 3 and Infinite, with new characters as DLC until you purchase enough and then the entire roster unlocks like in Killer Instinct.

Also it's 3v3 with Assists even though Infinite played better than 3.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
And now that I've cleverly dovetailed this conversation to the Vs. series I can reveal my grand master plan.

Capcom Fighting All Stars, a free game that reuses all the Capcom characters from 3 and Infinite, with new characters as DLC until you purchase enough and then the entire roster unlocks like in Killer Instinct.

Also it's 3v3 with Assists even though Infinite played well.
I think this is what most people would accept now. The Capcom-side additions in Infinite were great. Mix that with the roster of UMvC3 and some newcomers/returning veterans from the 2D games, and we've got something going.

EDIT: Missed the free part. I'd prefer a full package.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is what most people would accept now. The Capcom-side additions in Infinite were great. Mix that with the roster of UMvC3 and some newcomers/returning veterans from the 2D games, and we've got something going.

EDIT: Missed the free part. I'd prefer a full package.

If it's going to cost me $80 CAD it better have game modes and Arcade endings!

Status
Not open for further replies.