• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are we going to see Nintendo character getting in Smash Bros via DLC?

• Yes!!!

Votes: 90 59.6%
  • No...

Votes: 61 40.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

barley

Banned
Aug 16, 2018
Who would like some Snowboard Kids representation?? This is the Atlus rep we truly deserve.

n64_snowboard_kids_p_c5rxxw.jpg

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
It was during the pre-release of MGSV which came out a few months before the Ultimate line up was decided so yeah I'd chalk it up to company politics.
Yeah, Konami was definitely in no mood to let Kojima do anything other than finish MGSV at the time. I can definitely see them shunning any offers for Snake's inclusion while Kojima was still in the picture.

It's going to be fucking wild if anyone on the inside during that time ever explains the full beef between Konami and Kojima.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
One of the snowboard kids is wearing a sports bra in the winter.

Stay classy, Atlus.
The original two Snowboard Kids were made by the now defunct Racjin, Atlus was just the publisher.

The real Atlus made Snowboard Kids was this generic Nikelodeon Saturday afternoon tragedy:
TLPNDPe.jpg

Real talk, Snowboard Kids 2 is better than whatever N64 racing game you're currently thinking of.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The original two Snowboard Kids were made by the now defunct Racjin, Atlus was just the publisher.

The real Atlus made Snowboard Kids was this generic Nikelodeon Saturday afternoon tragedy:
TLPNDPe.jpg

Real talk, Snowboard Kids 2 is better than whatever N64 racing game you're currently thinking of.

I remember being so damn excited to hear that there was a new Snowboard Kids coming out until i saw this freakin' thing.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

TLPNDPe.jpg

The Digimon Tri of Snowboard Kids. Slash even looks like a knockoff Tai.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Crash got lots of good alternate costume material; --I wouldn't count exactly on his Japanese design being an alt (as this was a very rare occasion in the series, and Japan never gets an altered model in general), but the Biker outifit is probably the most iconic indeed
Biker_Crash.png

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the "Coco should be a Crash alt/echo" suggestions fail to account for the fact that only one of them is shaped like a dorito

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I feel like the "Coco should be a Crash alt/echo" suggestions fail to account for the fact that only one of them is shaped like a dorito
It's not an absurd suggestion, especially when many come from the assumption that Coco would work over Crash skeleton like in N. Sane Trilogy; .. but just like there, she would need some original animations (like her Body Slam, isn't exactly like Crash, which just plants his own face in the ground, but she does a ground pound like Mario's instead);

Sadly, I think Coco would be a background element in a stage at best (of course she'd get the bare minimum of being a spirit)

r9dYWcR.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Banjo letting all the ATs know they're not good enough to be playable:

The Sukapon one is delightful. Also, I had no idea you could grab ATs.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot we can interact with Assist Trophies now. I still have no idea why Sakurai didn't make them "mini-bosses" for World of Light. It would have been as simple as giving them more HP. :/

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Banjo letting all the ATs know they're not good enough to be playable:

The Sukapon one is delightful. Also, I had no idea you could grab ATs.

Yeah it can be handy sometimes, but some are a real pain in the ass. Like have fun walking up to Guile in most instances you know?

Definitely not just saying that because I lost a match because I couldn't grab a guile

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot we can interact with Assist Trophies now. I still have no idea why Sakurai didn't make them "mini-bosses" for World of Light. It would have been as simple as giving them more HP. :/
Right? It seemed like a no brainer. Or at least a "defeat hte assist" win condition for spirit battles instead of "this spirit will respawn constantly so dont get cute"

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Idea for the Crash reveal trailer: There are Mario, Kirby, and Pikachu mascots hanging around at the Nintendo of America headquarters when Crash suddenly arrives, interrupting the party like this video:

Footage cuts off to random gameplay bits, the usual. Then, after the stage and the Final Smash are revealed, we see all the mascots dancing together like in the Japanese version of the old Crash commercials:

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Idea for the Crash reveal trailer: There are Mario, Kirby, and Pikachu mascots hanging around at the Nintendo of America headquarters when Crash suddenly arrives, interrupting the party like this video:

Footage cuts off to random gameplay bits, the usual. Then, after the stage and the Final Smash are revealed, we see all the mascots dancing together like in the Japanese version of the old Crash commercials:

I'm already convinced Crash suit guy won't be involved in his reveal trailer in any shape or form (due of being a marketing campaing such North American centric), but I'd gladly take a CG with Mario and Sonic fighting him.. Man, they could even go with a lowpoly aesthetic, since Nintendo already did that for Mario in Odyssey and Activision with Crash in Nitro-Fueled, would just need SEGA willing to play ball and lend a Dreamcast Sonic model... (or better yet, a Sonic Jam Saturn model)

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I really wish the copyright leak would've been a company with a less concrete mascot like Namco, Capcom, or even Sega. The Smash fanbase would've fucking cannibalized itself in speculations and debates.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Which company would people go the craziest seeing a trademark for? I'd imagine Square, as it would become a Sora vs Geno bloodbath.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Which company would people go the craziest seeing a trademark for? I'd imagine Square, as it would become a Sora vs Geno bloodbath.
I guess Disney, Shueisha, toby fox, Wayforward, hell even maybe Nintendo due to how much people counted out a Nintendo character being in the Pass

I would pop off if Monolith Soft was there

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

What would generate most discussions out of copyrights?

Probably Bandai-Namco, Capcom and Square-Enix since they have many good franchises but also Level-5 too since people are going to argues between Professor Layton and Yokai-Watch.

If it's Koei-Temco then everyone would be like, totally agreed on Hayabusa.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
legit thought this was terry and he had some weird metal slug taunt in a game

Imagine having this craziness in Smash

marco-ngbc-super.gif

marco-ngbc-hyakutaro.gif

marco-ngbc-eatfood.gif

mar-a7.gif

marco-ngbc-iron-lizard.gif

marco-ngbc-heavymachinegun.gif

marco-ngbc-boxing-glove.gif

Like a crazy mix of Mega Man, Duck Hunt, Snake, and Bowser Jr.
legit thought this was terry and he had some weird metal slug taunt in a game

I played MS3 for the first time recently and with all the Terry hype, I can see the resemblance.

Status
Not open for further replies.