• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's really sad that Infinite isn't allowed in these Sonic spin-offs, yet the Deadly Six (well.. Deadly Two, since it's just Zavok and Zazz) are still here.
I've legit seen more love for Mephiles then I have ever seen for the Deadly Six.

I'm honestly hoping Infinite gets a second chance because I find his try hard edgyness amusing. At the very least let the comic writers use him.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I've legit seen more love for Mephiles then I have ever seen for the Deadly Six.

I'm honestly hoping Infinite gets a second chance because I find his try hard edgyness amusing. At the very least let the comic writers use him.
Someone at Sega must really like Bowser Zavok. He got to have a boss battle in Forces (while Shadow and Chaos got totally shafted in that regard), and then got included in Team Sonic Racing over... a lot of characters that fans would've preferred.

Infinite being so overly edgy is hilarious, and I need him in spin-offs effective immediately (with his theme accompanying him, of course).

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Infinite in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games would be super funny. I don't understand Sonic Team's love for Zavok.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Gigantamax Meowth is so special that they are the obligatory "early Mystery Gift available around launch" Pokemon for Sword and Shield.

They're clearly going to be in Smash; it's obvious.

Last edited:

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Gigantamax Eevee is just silly enough to be her final Smash when she finally gets added. I'm kind of shocked we havn't seen a Gigantamax Jigglypuff.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Seems like basically everyone is confirming Hayabusa as Fighter 5 now, which is about the same as others getting teased/leaked in the month before reveal.
1*RCrqi7PMx7h3KuZXDyeXJA.gif

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Hayabusa is absolutely 100% going to be the fifth character"

I sleep

"Oh and Geno could be in I guess"

PcmEjjv.gif

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
Hayabusa does not seem like a game awards reveal to me. If it were Dante, I could see it, but Hayabusa? I'm more confident than ever we're seeing Fighter 5's reveal during Terry's overview video in November. (November 7 to be exact!)

This of course means the first post fighters pass character is getting revealed at the Game Awards. And we all know who that'll be!

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
And then it turned out Hayabusa is the Metroid Prime Trilogy for Switch of Smash fighters…

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to see a single damn Gen 1 pokemon come near this roster.
Hayabusa does not seem like a game awards reveal to me. If it were Dante, I could see it, but Hayabusa? I'm more confident than ever we're seeing Fighter 5's reveal during Terry's overview video in November. (November 7 to be exact!)

This of course means the first post fighters pass character is getting revealed at the Game Awards. And we all know who that'll be!
I appreciate the enthusiasm but I really don't think Travis Touchdown is that big a pull.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

Well, the very first Hayabusa rumor released a long time ago was about a new Ninja Gaiden game too, TGA would be a good place...
xKSibdN.gif

(I know, it's not happening and that rumor was bs)

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Just FYI re: overwatch

They had it on their front page on Nintendo.com when the game came out in the carousel. So keep that in mind.

Edit: still there actually

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
A 'Ladies of Nintendo' season would be neat.
Twili Midna / Twintelle / Edelgard / Elma / fem Howard or Dixie

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
The best we can hope for is for one or two female characters in the next season pass (presumably if there is one).

I'll take Jill, 2B, Arle or hell, Joanna Dark.

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
A Nintendo character pass with a bonus indie character (and also they happen to all be women):

Edelgard
Dixie
Twintelle/Min Min
Elma
Shantae

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just saying. If we're bringing up examples of Nintendo trying to distance themselves, that should be brought up.
As long as the game can be bought, they have to give a portal to purchase. That doesn't mean Nintendo is obligated to market the game for the publisher.

What they've done with Overwatch is say "We'll offer it, but we're no longer going to push or shout about it."

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
As long as the game can be bought, they have to give a portal to purchase. That doesn't mean Nintendo is obligated to market the game for the publisher.

What they've done with Overwatch is say "We'll offer it, but we're no longer going to push or shout about it."

... It's the home page of their website. Which has their press releases and marketing information.

How does that not count as marketing?

FYI: Witcher 3 got promoted there too, but on the smaller bar. It did not get the same placement as Overwatch.

Oct 28, 2017
I hope you guys are ready for Meowth to finally take his rightful place in Smash Ultimate as a playable character. Sword and Shield just showed his gigantamax final smash.

source.gif

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
I think the chances of Crash/Tracer from here on out hinge on timing now more than anything. If they started work on them before the controversy hit, I don't think they'd stop development just because of the issue. If they were in talks about it and the controversy came up, then I could see them backing away from the table and them not making it. If they go to them later once the controversy dies down, then I think they're ok again.

For Crash's sake I hope they either started development on him already or are waiting until the controversy resolves to add him. Otherwise things aren't looking great for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.