• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo really has ignored Overwatch's launch haven't they lol

Don't think I've seen a Twitter post since the controversy

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Nintendo really has ignored Overwatch's launch haven't they lol

Don't think I've seen a Twitter post since the controversy

I mean their social media team is doing great but...

gNXY1WY.png

Can't say I'm surprised.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Nintendo can read the room as far as the social media effort is concerned and the fact that they're honoring preorder cancellations shows that they're empathetic to the cause but I'm not exactly gonna roast them because the game is headed on their ostensible store portal. Like, the game is on Switch. You can't just pretend it's not, but you're more than welcome to just not buy it.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
This is kind of off topic but I figured this would be the best place to ask:

Any recommendations for a good GameCube controller? I've been using my og from like 2002 but it's finally starting to give out

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017

Any recommendations for a good GameCube controller? I've been using my og from like 2002 but it's finally starting to give out
The Smash 4 and Ultimate are pretty much the same as the originals. If you're super hardcore about the GameCube controller you might noticed "something different". At least I've seen that talk for some smash players lol.

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
The Smash 4 or Ultimate reprints are great. They're pretty much exactly the same as the old ones.
The Smash 4 and Ultimate are pretty much the same as the originals. If you're super hardcore about the GameCube controller you might noticed "something different". At least I've seen that talk for some smash players lol.

Didn't they stop manufacturing those? Everywhere I've looked has had them out of stock.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA

They remade the GCN controllers at launch for Smash 4 and Ultimate. The Ultimate ones feel a little different than the Smash 4 ones, but they feel super similar to the OG ones to the point I retired them.

I've tried a bunch of other stuff over the years and I can't recommend any of those.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Yeah, the fact that they're allowing refunds for Overwatch pretty much indicates Nintendo has zero interest in doing business with Blizzard at this time. Jury's out on Activision.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fight for our paradise
Fight for our lives
So keep holding on, keep holding on
Until we break the spell
Free yourself, reach for the light in darkness and despair
If there comes a time when you're falling down
I'll be your savior~

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finished VA11-HALLA so Jill Stingray for Smash.

Press B to mix killer drinks.

Tye

Oct 27, 2017
Re: the Sheik gender debate

Broke: "Sheik is a woman!" / "Sheik is man!"

Woke: Sheik's gender is vague and rather than trying to define them as specifically male or female, Sheik can instead be considered as non-binary. Gender-diverse representation!

(Seriously though, no one ever talks about non-binary representation and it's kinda sad. Not that I expect that from Smash anyway, but hey, if Sheik can be considered as such then why not?)

Last edited:

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tracer: "I'm ready for Smash Loves."
Nintendo: Sorry Tracer, you're on hold until further notice.
Tracer: Why? :(
Nintendo: Talk to your employer.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
feels like 90% of the time when people ask "is Sheik male or female" what they're really asking is "does Sheik grow a magic hog"

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Fatal Frame and it's freaking my balls off so Fatal Frame MC for Smash I guess. Move over, Hayabusa.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, Link later finds a magic mask that turns him from a Hylian kid into a fishman rockstar.

Stranger things have happened is all I'm saying.
well sure, growing a magic hog is perfectly within reason in the Zelda Universe

it's just that "is Sheik male" and "does Sheik have a magic hog" are two different questions

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
well sure, growing a magic hog is perfectly within reason in the Zelda Universe

it's just that "is Sheik male" and "does Sheik have a magic hog" are two different questions
I was using male for biologically male, as opposed to whether Zelda identifies as a man or a woman.

The latter is tougher to discern since there are ulterior reasons to present as a man and use masculine personal pronouns like Sheik does (though I can definitely see an argument made for it, it's not like a Sheikah woman wouldn't also work as a disguise but Zelda chose a Sheikah man).

I've definitely seen trans people hold up Sheik as representation before, and it's not hard to see why with such a cool character in an industry starved of trans representation. If anything that's why I like the idea, similar to just claiming Chris Redfield as gay representation even if Capcom won't ever totally confirm it.

Anyway, I'll stop bringing it up now. It's not a big deal and everything that could be said about it already has.
Why are we talking about Shieks hypothetical dong?
A thread can only sustain itself on terrible fake leaks for so long. At some point discourse begins to break down.

Aug 12, 2019
Yeah, the fact that they're allowing refunds for Overwatch pretty much indicates Nintendo has zero interest in doing business with Blizzard at this time. Jury's out on Activision.

I doubt this, it's just Nintendo trying to make sure they don't piss anybody off by pulling any sort of negative PR by not allowing them to cancel pre-orders. I'm sure they're perfectly keen to continue working with Activision and Blizzard as long as they don't continue fucking up to the point of actually causing burned bridges.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I doubt this, it's just Nintendo trying to make sure they don't piss anybody off by pulling any sort of negative PR by not allowing them to cancel pre-orders. I'm sure they're perfectly keen to continue working with Activision and Blizzard as long as they don't continue fucking up to the point of actually causing burned bridges.

They are absolutely going to keep doing this though.

Aug 12, 2019
They are absolutely going to keep doing this though.

Not to the point of burned bridges with the industry. They can weather a storm of negative PR for a little while, but they'll run into walls that even the greediest capitalist won't be willing to scale (I.E. actually cutting their existing market share to a noticeable degree). I also think the industry is going to resoundingly go "meh" to this unless Blizzard manages to properly cause more of an uproar (which, maybe they can, but that remains to be seen) and is unlikely to turn on them (at least the AAA space).

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Not to the point of burned bridges with the industry. They can weather a storm of negative PR for a little while, but they'll run into walls that even the greediest capitalist won't be willing to scale (I.E. actually cutting their existing market share to a noticeable degree). I also think the industry is going to resoundingly go "meh" to this unless Blizzard manages to properly cause more of an uproar (which, maybe they can, but that remains to be seen) and is unlikely to turn on them (at least the AAA space).
They can probably weather the storm, but it certainly doesn't change the fact that Nintendo's social media wants nothing to do with them, and that sort of decision likely received direction from up the chain of command. Nintendo owes Blizzard nothing in terms of free positive press. And as far as Smash is concerned, chances were very slim that Overwatch was ever considered for the roster before now to begin with.

I'm also going to guess that Blizzard will manage to fuck themselves even worse come BlizzCon in two weeks. They picked a hell of a time to out themselves as supporters of the CCP.

Status
Not open for further replies.