• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
So basically Harada killed the chances of every character in the world apart from Haruka Amami and the llama from Llamatron.

What a world we live in.

Good thing I hadn't made that Haruka4Smash parody account just yet
Well, you see; if we assume that Harada killed every character involved in the thread he got mentioned in, the list isn't all that long:
  • Rayman
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Officer Howard
  • Jonesy
  • Arle Nadja
  • Neptune
  • Agumon
  • Shantae
  • Doom Slayer
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Isaac
  • Ashley
  • Crash
  • Steve
  • Shovel Knight
  • Reimu
  • Lara Croft
  • Heihachi <- The guy who added Heihachi was the one who fucked it up by @ing Harada.
  • Edelgard
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Untitled Goose
  • Sora
Of course, those were the characters who made it into the image they were all collaborating on. Then some Crash fan account comes in and tries to rope in all of these characters:
  • Dixie Kong
  • Knuckles
  • Frisk
  • Spyro
  • The Prince of All Cosmos (why)
  • Geno
  • Dante
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Leon S. Kennedy
  • Amaterasu
  • Travis
  • Ragna
  • Cooking Mama
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Cuphead
So if you think about it, was any character of value actually lost?

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Arle, Reimu and Neptunia clearly.

The weird obsession with swear words and kids not being allowed to say/hear them is so strange to me. I'm sure it's mostly a religious thing in America.
I find it funnier that despite having a smaller word pool American English decided to have more taboo words than British English. You seriously consider 'crap' a swearword. Wow.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Conspiracy: maybe the reason we don't have a second Bandai Namco character is because the people at Bandai Namco are sick of hearing people spam them for Smash characters

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Conspiracy: maybe the reason we don't have a second Bandai Namco character is because the people at Bandai Namco are sick of hearing people spam them for Smash characters
Well, we all know what Bandai Namco's internal motto is:
ClVo2vAWIAA9ARh.jpg

Or maybe it's just Harada's personal motto; semantics.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Well, you see; if we assume that Harada killed every character involved in the thread he got mentioned in, the list isn't all that long:
  • Rayman
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Officer Howard
  • Jonesy
  • Arle Nadja
  • Neptune
  • Agumon
  • Shantae
  • Doom Slayer
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Isaac
  • Ashley
  • Crash
  • Steve
  • Shovel Knight
  • Reimu
  • Lara Croft
  • Heihachi <- The guy who added Heihachi was the one who fucked it up by @ing Harada.
  • Edelgard
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Untitled Goose
  • Sora
Of course, those were the characters who made it into the image they were all collaborating on. Then some Crash fan account comes in and tries to rope in all of these characters:
  • Dixie Kong
  • Knuckles
  • Frisk
  • Spyro
  • Geno
  • Dante
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Leon S. Kennedy
  • Amaterasu
  • Travis
  • Ragna
  • Cooking Mama
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Cuphead
Still got Chosen Undead and Master Chief tho

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
  • Rayman
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Officer Howard
  • Jonesy
  • Arle Nadja
  • Neptune
  • Agumon
  • Shantae
  • Doom Slayer
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Isaac
  • Ashley
  • Crash
  • Steve
  • Shovel Knight
  • Reimu
  • Lara Croft
  • Edelgard
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Untitled Goose
  • Sora
  • Dixie Kong
  • Knuckles
  • Frisk
  • Spyro
  • Geno
  • Dante
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Leon S. Kennedy
  • Amaterasu
  • Travis
  • Ragna
  • Cooking Mama
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Cuphead
2B, GOKU, AND CHOSEN UNDEAD CONFIRMED

This worked out so well for me, it's almost like I planned the whole thing and those are all my alts 🙃

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
They actually thought spamming random unrelated people with their Christmas lists was going to work?
To be fair to those involved (ignoring that the idea was quickly falling apart as the quality of the image decreased as more people messed with it); it was just a small thing between those "X for Smash" Twitter accounts, until one guy tagged Sakurai, Harada and some official Nintendo accounts, and the thread continued with no one realising it.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
  • Rayman
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Officer Howard
  • Jonesy
  • Arle Nadja
  • Neptune
  • Agumon
  • Shantae
  • Doom Slayer
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Isaac
  • Ashley
  • Crash
  • Steve
  • Shovel Knight
  • Reimu
  • Lara Croft
  • Edelgard
  • Chibi-Robo
  • Untitled Goose
  • Sora
  • Dixie Kong
  • Knuckles
  • Frisk
  • Spyro
  • Geno
  • Dante
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Leon S. Kennedy
  • Amaterasu
  • Travis
  • Ragna
  • Cooking Mama
  • Waluigi
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Cuphead

Of value and with actual chances .... Hayabusa, Waddle Dee, Crash and Doom Slayer

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At least Story of Seasons survived. Having 5 games (counting Rune Factory) coming out on Switch gotta count for something for Smash =P

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
After Haradagate, this might be true!

To be fair it is not like sakurai will cancel every single character mentioned if the work actually started on said character (and by work I mean even getting the rights before modeling said character)

edit: which in game development terms I would guess haradagate can't influence the first 2 fighter passes (yes I know the second fighter pass will probably not be a fighter pass)

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017

lmao, caught in the crossfire. It's honestly hilarious that Harada specifically tagged this account when he's just some random dude bro who barely posts.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I thought for a second Harada was getting bugged about Heihachi and was going to ban him.

Sakurai will probably sigh and say ignore them, they are children.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing how Yggdrasil's Altar and Spiral Mountain came out, I'm fucking mad that Midgar does not take place above the train in the Bombing Mission of the game that takes you all over the city.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 7 | Everyone Is Deconfirmed

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing how Yggdrasil's Altar and Spiral Mountain came out, I'm fucking mad that Midgar does not take place above the train in the Bombing Mission of the game that takes you all over the city.

Alas, Midgar is a victim of the "just have the stage be a generic set of platforms while the actual interesting environment is in the background" design philosophy that other stages like Wily Castle and New Pork City suffer from

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yggdrasil's Altar alone probably has more budget than the new stages in Ultimate's base game

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017

*eyes emoji*

I don't remember, who's the huge Okami fan in this thread again?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the least Okami's reputation does let Capcom earn some goodwill every once in a while by porting it.

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
Should be everyone, but alas

I never played the original, bought the Switch port but it's been sitting with many other good games in my backlog. When I get around to it, I'm sure I'll gush about it.

Never played a Phoenix Wright game until this week when I started the trilogy collection on Switch. Finishing the first two cases in the first game have already made me a huge fan. Capcom's got the sauce.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Even still there was no reason for Midgar to share the exact same layout as Battlefield, it could have been altered even a little bit.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Like even placing the same three platforms in a V formation would have made the stage a bit more interesting.

Saying that, I do rather like the gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.