• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind Midgar being a Battlefield since the summons temporarily change the layout anyway

it's fun

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Midgard is exactly the sort of stage I like - simple layout with hazards that are impactful but not TOO intrusive. It's maybe a bit too chaotic but it's in the right ballpark.

Umbra Clock Tower, though. That's the gold standard. Stages in general have been top notch since Smash 4 DLC started.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
hazards-on Gamer is the best stage in the game

and thanks to the randomized layout it's actually MANY stages!!

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Truly exceptional people like myself have a default ruleset with no hazards and another with hazards.
or people just taking advantage of the easy access of presets you see every time you go into smash

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
hazards-on Gamer is the best stage in the game

and thanks to the randomized layout it's actually MANY stages!!

Yup, and I really like Mario Maker stage as well. I like how they claimed that we will not get same layout from this stage but it already happened to me twice!

I wish the randomizer would let me select both the hazard stages I'm cool with and hazardless ones. Too bad you can only have one or the other. I hate switching rules so I keep it on hazardless.

Yeah, that should happens where you could chose hazard on or off in same section as you manager select the music.

I had way many rulesetsin my setting. I wish battle arena would allows us to alter items for matches.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda need Geno to be announced in Season 2 because I'm loving this avatar and it'd be super awkward to keep using it if he didn't ultimately end up in Smash.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Mementos is my favorite new stage from Ultimate, half of that being the music.

Spiral Mountain is up there but sadly the spinning makes me a touch dizzy.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know thinking about Ammy and Palutena it must be interesting for Joker to meet deities that aren't complete dicks for once.

That doesn't happen often to MegaTen related heroes.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Looking at the weights, you know, having a tournament of the top 15 heavies would actually be impossible if they counted Charizard.

12-16 all have the same weight.

They couldn't even do the top 20 weights because 20-23 have the same weights

15 (minus Charizard) was basically the only way they could have did this tournament and still have a round number of characters

Also watching Nairo play in this tournament has been a riot

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In honor of me finally beating special stage 5 in Mania after like 20 damn tries I'll now shill for an indie character I don't see brought up often.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I finally beat Banjo-Kazooie (thanks to my brother letting me use his Xbox).

Feels kinda late to start stanning for BK, lol.

I had a much harder time with Grunty than I expected.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They never released Torque or Spade as playable characters, right? Did they cancel them to start working on the sequel or something?
I haven't followed Freedom Planet that closely but I know it's still just the three characters I believe.

It actually looks like the sequel hasn't had a news update in a while so I hope the development is going alright.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
after giving it three seconds of deep thought I've decided that my least wanted character is Isaac from Binding of Isaac

that's one way to make me yearn for Steve

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
after giving it three seconds of deep thought I've decided that my least wanted character is Isaac from Binding of Isaac

that's one way to make me yearn for Steve
I already didn't like Nicalis because of how little they cared for PAL regions, so the whole thing being run by a terrible person wasn't a huge shocker.

Sucks that Quote is trapped in their clutches.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I already didn't like Nicalis because of how little they cared for PAL regions, so the whole thing being run by a terrible person wasn't a huge shocker.

Sucks that Quote is trapped in their clutches.
The whole Nicalis situation is amazing levels of bullshit. The number of devs they've screwed over for their own gain is just eye-popping.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I finally beat Banjo-Kazooie (thanks to my brother letting me use his Xbox).

Feels kinda late to start stanning for BK, lol.

I had a much harder time with Grunty than I expected.

Ayyyyy!

How'd the quiz time go? ;)

The Grunty fight always used to be tough for me because I never thought to use wonder wing for her homing attack lol

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ayyyyy!

How'd the quiz time go? ;)

The Grunty fight always used to be tough for me because I never thought to use wonder wing for her homing attack lol

Quiz time went fine. Only took me three tries, lol.

I had some trouble with the flying portion of the fight. Old N64 era flight mechanics have not aged well, lol.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Quiz time went fine. Only took me three tries, lol.

I had some trouble with the flying portion of the fight. Old N64 era flight mechanics have not aged well, lol.

Lol yea that part is rough, not much depth perception. Now imagine doing it on the 20fps N64 on a small crt. The Jinjonator makes up for everything though.

That never occured to me too. I'm too conservative with my limited use items.

Yea it doesn't help you're only forced to use wonder wing once during the game.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Where's the Amaterasu conspiracy collage?! You can't just say a character is happening without a conspiracy collage!
Well, I mean, I could put one together if I need to...
  • A lot of new Amaterasu merchandise is releasing in the near future (Nendoroid figure, First 4 Figures statues, new plush at Capcom Store Tokyo, etc). It worked out for Banjo after all.
  • Kamiya has wanted to work on an Okami sequel for a long time now (those new tweets with Ikumi Nakamura are far from the first time he has expressed his want to do it). Capcom and Platinum almost managed to make it work out before Tatsuya Minami left Platinum in 2016, so it wouldn't be out of left field if the project managed to come back. Of note within that video is Capcom's apparent interest in Okami over other franchises like Viewtiful Joe; they still seem to believe that Okami can grow as a franchise. If the project is happening, and will be released on the Switch, Nintendo may be interested in providing Amaterasu as an option for Sakurai.
    • Kamiya has also viewed Amaterasu as a potential Smash option in the past, including her on a Twitter poll earlier this year alongside Dante, Wonder Red and Viewtiful Joe (which she placed second on, behind Dante).
  • Okami appears to be viewed as a classic in Japan. On Famitsu's 'Top-20 Games Of The Heisei Era' poll, Okami placed 5th (below Final Fantasy VII and above Ocarina of Time), placing higher than any other Capcom game within that period (Mega Man 3 or any instalment afterwards, any Street Fighter game after the first, any Monster Hunter, Devil May Cry or Resident Evil game, etc). The game didn't sell well, but has still managed to find a strong following that would be excited by her Smash inclusion.
  • Her game has been on the Switch for over a year now. The Fighters Pass has shown that this really doesn't matter, but it's something to keep in mind.
  • She can easily tie into the fan-favourite color theory; as orange is a reasonable background color for her.
So, as I said; totally happening. I wish...

Jun 11, 2019
Okami talk is kinda pushing me to finally play it, I have the Switch port so I can jump in rn, how long is it? I've been tempted to start DQXIS or get back on Three Houses for awhile now.

Status
Not open for further replies.