• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

I hadn't seen some of the hazardless versions of these stages. Hazardless Big Blue looks boring as fuck.

I...kind of like minor hazards sometimes, even in serious matches. Like this kind of thing is so stupid but at the same time kind of makes it interesting. There's just not much middle ground in Smash and seems to be either something truly broken or kind of generic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
October feels like it's going by pretty fast to me; hopefully Terry will be okay and ready to go early in November.

I don't think we discussed it here, but Nintendo's next 7-11 ad (our most accurate release timing source, lol) should be going up on November 3rd. The current one doesn't feature Terry, so we're probably looking at a release after that point.

Someone did post it here but haven't really evolved into the discussion tho. Yeah, I hope that it would ended up like that for Terry. First two weeks of November seems right for Terry's release.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Crash would surely have a Coco alt
thisisfine.gif

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting Crash would be funny, only since we went from "Hayabusa is character four guaranteed", to "uhh well Hayabusa is character five I assure you" to "well fuck".

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Crossover costumes like this should be a thing. This one is perfect.

Falco - Revali
Piranha Plant - Deku Baba
Rosalina - White Mage
Ganondorf - Akuma
Joker - Rocket Grunt
Zero Suit Samus - Panther
Chrom - Fox (P5)

do it by VA

Lucario - Goku
Pikachu - Morgana
thats all I got and google put me here and its freaking me out a bit

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
PapaGenos's record is a bit spotty to say the least but I would be very happy if Crash was the last character.

Only downside is that the Fighters Pass would never be topped for me in future DLC.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
In the event that this is true, I would assume Shifty's source was legit for Hayabusa... for Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate, like how Hitagi got the wrong fighting game for Katalina.

If future DLC characters continue the focus on collaborating with third party companies then Hayabusa will probably always be in play. But I'm still taking this with a grain of salt.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
do it by VA

Lucario - Goku
Pikachu - Morgana
thats all I got
Well, if we're going by VA...

Captain Falcon - Vegeta
Zelda - Fi
Marth - There are... a lot of options, but we'll go with Makoto Yuki
Lucina - Chun-Li
Roy - Noctis
Chrom - Jotaro and/or Joseph
Lucas - Bubsy ... or Rouge the Bat. Both terrible.
Sonic - Ezio or Chris Redfield
King Dedede - Masahiro Sakurai (lol)
Ryu - Gohan
Ken - Dante
Corrin (Male) - Liquid Snake
Incineroar - Heihachi
Joker - Satan (Puyo Puyo)
Erdrick - Link
Solo - Future Trunks

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Well, if we're going by VA...

Captain Falcon - Vegeta
Zelda - Fi
Marth - There are... a lot of options, but we'll go with Makoto Yuki
Lucina - Chun-Li
Roy - Noctis
Chrom - Jotaro and/or Joseph
Lucas - Bubsy ... or Rouge the Bat. Both terrible.
Sonic - Ezio or Chris Redfield
King Dedede - Masahiro Sakurai (lol)
Ryu - Gohan
Ken - Dante
Corrin (Male) - Liquid Snake
Incineroar - Heihachi
Joker - Satan (Puyo Puyo)
Erdrick - Link
Solo - Future Trunks
Trying to imagine Lucas as both and it's terrifying

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So would Nintendo get blowback from Acti-Blizz's current controversy if Crash were Character 5?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For those who may not realize it, or may have forgotten, Sword & Shield comes out on November 15th.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So would Nintendo get blowback from Acti-Blizz's current controversy if Crash were Character 5?
I feel like Crash's name would be bigger then the controversy. You'd probably have some complaints like people had with Hero because of Sugiyama but I don't think it would be any more then that.

Now if it was Tracer the internet would burn down.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely buy into purported leaks, but you don't just randomly guess Goemon, Zero, Proto Man, and Rocket Grunt together, especially while asserting that there won't be any Microsoft costumes. I'll be keeping my eye on this one. It's not immediately setting off my bullshit alarm.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I doubt they would release Mallow, Smithy and Chocobo costumes without doing it alongside Geno as a character or costume.

Like, they have to realize the conclusions that fans will draw from that. Unless Sakurai suddenly decided that "nah, Geno had his time under the sun in Smash 4, time for the other guys".

Which, y'know, I'd be okay with too. Mallow > Geno.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Late to the party, but aren't Mii costumes pretty easy to predict? Protoman and Zero even were in the previous game.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Late to the party, but aren't Mii costumes pretty easy to predict? Protoman and Zero even were in the previous game.
Many would have assumed the X and EXE costumes include with Zero/Protoman and having Goemon and Rocket Grunt is a really difficult guess. Nothing is set in stone. Weird that Geno wouldn't somehow be involved with a Mallow costume.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Many would have assumed the X and EXE costumes include with Zero/Protoman and having Goemon and Rocket Grunt is a really difficult guess. Nothing is set in stone. Weird that Geno wouldn't somehow be involved with a Mallow costume.

We don't have any Mario RPG costumes (yet?). As always with such rumors, I would recommend caution before fully diving in.

Status
Not open for further replies.