• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you want to start talking about technicalities, it should be mentioned.
No it really shouldn't. Because I'm willing to bet money that's not what they meant because that doesn't make any damn sense.

So completely irrelevant in any regard to the matter.
That's why I mention the possibility of a character like Layton. But it feels like a lot of people are banking on what they consider an unexpected character just because they don't want Hayabusa.
Right.....that's why. There couldn't be any other reason.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Saying "I predict an unexpected character" doesn't feel like it means much since you aren't putting your chips on one character in particular. It could totally be an unexpected character, but if we are talking characters I do expect, Hayabusa is the biggest one.

I do think Layton is a dark horse though.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I've been replaying some spooky soulslikes for Halloween, and man would Chosen Undead be so hype. They could definitely fit into the Hero/Link archetype with a ton of spells and items to go along with a sword and shield, and I'd kill for a Firelink Shrine stage.

Costumes could just be different armor sets to cosplay other characters:
- Elite Knight
- Iron and Sun
- Artorias's Set
- Hollowed out Deprived loincloth (give Shulk's swim trunks skin a run for his money)

I know it's a longshot but I'd love it

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No it really shouldn't. Because I'm willing to bet money that's not what they meant because that doesn't make any damn sense.

So completely irrelevant in any regard to the matter.

Doesn't matter. If you're going to start talking about technicalities, you have to be ready for people to address those technicalities.

Right.....that's why. There couldn't be any other reason.

Yeah, people want who they want. And a number of people in this thread don't want Hayabusa.

Early in the DLC threads, after Joker's reveal, I wondered if we would get DLC from companies with close ties to Nintendo. And looking at how the Fighters Pass has gone, I think I may have been onto something with that.

But one notable company is missing. And that company is Koei Tecmo.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Stylish sword slash standard attacks
Izuna drop up throw
Classic weapons as special moves (shuriken, windmill shuriken, fire wheel)
Art of the (True) Inferno Final Smash

I don't think he'll use claws or a scythe or be able to change weapons on the fly.

Basically it's closest we could have Takamaru as playable character.

On serious note I'm kinda expecting some moves from modern NG and DOA.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw that last night and thought it was awesome guesses. Let see if he's going be right about Hayabusa.

This morning I think.

I forget, did PapaGenos only see the Mii costume list recently? I think that was the case, but he also mentioned he had the list corroborated by other people who had seen it.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I would dig Hayabusa if he's coming as a reference to both the original and the newer trilogies. Don't care which of the two they decide to show at the main as long as the classic blue one is a costume there as well.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
What's the difference between guessing accurately 4 mii costumes (including 2 already released before) and 3 characters (the jury is out on the 4th one)?
I personally considered Banjo and "Erdrick" shoo-ins as of April, so Terry's the only impressive prediction there. And as unexpected as Terry was, a quick Google search turns up dozens of requests for him as a playable character. As far as I can tell, literally only one person requested a Rocket Grunt Mii costume, and only a handful of people predicted a Goemon costume. It's also very curious that the same person managed to get the exact two returning Mega Man costumes right.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I still don't think guessing Team Rocket grunt is as impossible as some paint it, whether it was just a guess or not.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't think guessing Team Rocket grunt is as impossible as some paint it, whether it was just a guess or not.

Between 2014 and 2019, there was a single request (not even a prediction) for a Team Rocket Mii costume between Smashboards, ResetEra (and the old place), Reddit, and GameFAQs. So, yeah, it was a pretty impossible guess that was on absolutely nobody's radar.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, is Heath right about PapaGenos' discord screencap of the costume list being fabricated?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I still think I was onto something when I wondered if Nintendo was going to use Smash Ultimate DLC to strengthen their ties to other companies. That's why I've been looking at Koei Tecmo and Level-5 to provide the last character in the (first?) Fighters Pass.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Between 2014 and 2019, only one person on Smashboards, ResetEra (and the old place), Reddit, and GameFAQs requested (not even predicted) a Team Rocket Mii costume. So, yeah, it was a pretty impossible guess that was on absolutely nobody's radar.
Gotta love it when people jump in to say I'm wrong when they aren't even focusing on the main point of my argument. It's not about who or how many guessed that there would be a Rocket Grunt costume. It's about the idea that no one would bother guessing Rocket Grunt because of the TPC Dragons looming over the Pokemon franchise.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta love it when people jump in to say I'm wrong when they aren't even focusing on the main point of my argument. It's not about who or how many guessed that there would be a Rocket Grunt costume. It's about the idea that no one would bother guessing Rocket Grunt because of the TPC Dragons looming over the Pokemon franchise.
That wasn't my intent. You didn't mention TPC anywhere in the post that I quoted.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I forget, did PapaGenos only see the Mii costume list recently? I think that was the case, but he also mentioned he had the list corroborated by other people who had seen it.

Take it with grain of salts. It's an information floating around on the discord.

Apparently one of person who corroborated with the leak is the person who might have worked with IGN Guy to fake the list. But it's hard to tell so it's matters of time to see Mii costume being real deal or not.

If Geno is being playable character; Mallow being costume isn't surprising since we could have all five. However Smithy as costume would be a shock tho.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally considered Banjo and "Erdrick" shoo-ins as of April, so Terry's the only impressive prediction there. And as unexpected as Terry was, a quick Google search turns up dozens of requests for him as a playable character. As far as I can tell, literally only one person requested a Rocket Grunt Mii costume, and only a handful of people predicted a Goemon costume. It's also very curious that the same person managed to get the exact two returning Mega Man costumes right.
And this is on top of of no Microsoft costumes.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If the Crash leak is dead, where does this Mii costume leak lead to? Is this the same person claiming there are SMRPG costumes?

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Mii Costumes have so far been either super generic costumes like the Businessman suit, or characters that people have legimately pushed for and could stand for an actual fighter. The Rocket Grunts are neither of those things.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Also, if a person was just guessing Pokemon Mii Costumes, you would think they would guess costumes for actual characters like Giovanni or Lillie and not costumes for a generic trainer class.

Or hell, costumes based on actual Pokemon. Generic trainer class costumes would be the last thing guessed.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
It's okay if you still want to believe in Mii costume leak. I don't think anyone would force anyone to think otherwise.

I'm just sharing what I heard on the discord and I did emphasize to take it with grain of salts.

But I do find it odd that people here doesn't even question the screencap where the date could be altered to make it "legitimate."

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
And this is on top of of no Microsoft costumes.
And they predicted them in the same batch (or at least what appeared to be the same batch from the leak). It wasn't like we got Goemon in Summer, the Mega Man ones in Fall, and would have to wait until next year for Rocket Grunt.

That's either a leak or a fake made after the direct.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
And they predicted them in the same batch (or at least what appeared to be the same batch from the leak). It wasn't like we got Goemon in Summer, the Mega Man ones in Fall, and would have to wait until next year for Rocket Grunt.

That's either a leak or a fake made after the direct.
The thing is, if it was made after the direct, why not include Sans?

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's okay if you still want to believe in Mii costume leak. I don't think anyone would force anyone to think otherwise.

I'm just sharing what I heard on the discord and I did emphasize to take it with grain of salts.

But I do find it odd that people here doesn't even question the screencap where the date could be altered to make it "legitimate."

This is why I tend to never trust text leaks that show up after something has been shown off. It's so easy to fake stuff like that.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
giphy.gif

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PapaGenos said he only saw it recently, I think. So it could have been faked.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If Touhou gets in, it absolutely would get a shit ton of tracks. The music is arguably the most iconic thing about the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.