• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sabi was backing the Jonesy leak right?
Sabi said they didn't want to "discount" it since they heard whispers about Fortnite. But yeah pretty much.

I feel like if they knew what character it was - or if it at least was a prominent mention on theirs or some others behalf - they wouldn't have any qualms saying it. Even some of the people "in the know" had said that they could talk about characters like Hayabusa and Geno because of previous hand accounts.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
What I understood is that a Sabi gang member said "I know the dude who supposedly has an IGN source, he's less than 20 years old, and really wants Popeye in Smash, so don't believe this dude". That's what I understood but since there were 3 rumors we were discussing, I might be mistaking. But other people here have understood it like me from what I have seen.

Yeah, he "supposedly made up" Mii Costume list and Crash.

You really think that's my "defensive mode"?

You ain't seen nothing.

To be fair, it just seems that way but it's definitely not neutral stance. Now you got my attention so I'm curious about your defensive mode so hopefully it would happens someday.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, you missed that? There was a 4chan "leak" that had Hayabusa as Fighter Pass #5 and Claire Redfield, Jonesy and Maxwell as Season 2 characters. Sabi thought it had a shot at being real (and later said she thinks Maxwell is likely regardless of the "leak".)
I was occupied with business travel all last week and completely missed this nonsense. Good gravy.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about the Mii costume leak the more I find holes in it. Unless we get concrete proof that it was posted in July I should be more skeptical.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I wish I had enough free time to get caught up in discord Smash leaker drama. I seriously can't understand how these people do this shit day in day out over a stupid fighting game.

(he says while browsing a Smash thread at work)

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Nobody said shit about Terry until that website fuck up.
Even with Banjo, everyone else piggy backed Shinobi after he leaked.

Also, mostly everyone got "Erdrick" wrong. The content surrounding the DQ character was all wrong

lambdaupsilon

Apr 17, 2018
quick primer on touhou:
it's not the first bullet hell game (or series), but it's very influential, since it's run for over 20 years and had... i think 26 or 27 games now? 6 of those are fighting games though. it differentiates itself from other bullet hell stuff (e.g. CAVE) by having the patterns specifically be nice to look at. and also everyone is girls, of course. there's... like, one humanoid boy that's appeared physically. despite this, it's actually, miraculously, never sexualized at all?

the series takes place in Gensokyo (approximately translates to "wonderland") which is this supernatural enclave in japan where youkai (japanese mythical creatures) live. faith in the old myths has waned but gensokyo is just this zone where they can exist freely. there's a great barrier around it that's maintained (in part) by Reimu Hakurei, who's a shrine maiden. when some youkai or god or whatever is causing trouble, she (and whoever else is playable this week) go and beat them up and then drink tea with them.

that's the gist of it but this post goes a little bit more in depth

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
anyway, since i believe SNK will be really nice with music, here is one more that i want in.Hope we get 10 or more songs at least.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
The game of telephone with leakers is making them all confused.

Hayabusa wasn't in Smash Ultimate, but Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate.

Someone heard "Crash has a new ultimate Crash game" and thought they heard "Crash is in the new ultimate Smash game"

It's not Maxwell from Scribblenauts, it's Max Payne.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
If fucking Fortnite characters get in before more first party, Smash DLC will have well and truly jumped the shark.

I don't even know who the hell Maxwell is

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
The game of telephone with leakers is making them all confused.

Hayabusa wasn't in Smash Ultimate, but Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate.

Someone heard "Crash has a new ultimate Crash game" and thought they heard "Crash is in the new ultimate Smash game"

It's not Maxwell from Scribblenauts, it's Max Payne.

It's not delivery, it's Digiorno.

Bx2vrYaCAAIZJle.jpg

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
I wish I had enough free time to get caught up in discord Smash leaker drama. I seriously can't understand how these people do this shit day in day out over a stupid fighting game.

(he says while browsing a Smash thread at work)

I mean, they're certainly exciting (if only for how they dominate Smash discussion), but I can't be bothered to even keep them straight anymore. Maybe it's just me getting older?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only ZeRo would have his head so far up his ass to suggest that being better at fundamentals isn't conducive to good competitive gaming, especially suggesting it's "disrespectful". Does he even get fighting games? Like, at all?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I mean, they're certainly exciting (if only for how they dominate Smash discussion), but I can't be bothered to even keep them straight anymore. Maybe it's just me getting older?

They're exciting when they're credible. This is just exhausting. Constantly "well actually" add ons to leaks from 4th hand sources.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just gonna say that I don't think any of these people actually know anything. It's too exhausting trying to watch them all scramble every few hours.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I am mostly hungry for the Terry breakdown and SNK music right now still.
Would love if it had like 15 tracks.
I am also nervous about if the Garou costume is in.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If people "up the chain" started passing around the Mii costume dude without even verifying that it was a legitimate post they're shockingly dumb. "Is this photoshopped?" is the first question you ask.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The chad Shinobi vs. the nerd Sabi

calling Sabi a virgin or incel seemed too mean

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Rare costumes were practically a guarantee with Banjo. Right along side Symphonic versions of DQ music after the reveal trailer. "They probably negotiated Smash orchestral tracks along with the agreement for them to be used in S"

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
having the Which Resident Evil Character Are We Getting discussion for the 500th time would be more exciting than leaker drama tbh

cdigs

Apr 4, 2019
My hope is that if leaker circles are throwing around all these characters — Ryu, Crash, Doomslayer, etc. — that that means it's a matter of when, not if, we get those characters. It reminds me of when we were discussing Erdrick rumblings months before Ultimate's release.

Status
Not open for further replies.