• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where do you think Challenger #5 would be revealed at?

• During Terry's Promo Video

Votes: 79 23.5%
  • During the Game Award

Votes: 194 57.7%
  • During the next Nintendo Direct

Votes: 44 13.1%
  • During a special stand-alone live stream

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
So no new character announcement during the presentation on Wednesday. But what if he tells us to tune in for a stand alone live stream of Fighter 5's trailer on Thursday?

cover16.jpg

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I think if we are REALLY not getting any new fighter in the stream (please.. let me have hope), then I say the Cacodemon and Mallow costumes are more than dead.. the implications of the "leak" were clearly made to make fans think they'd get Geno or Doomguy soon, and that doesn't seem to be the case anyway.

Unless, of course, they are indeed present in the stream, but also Geno and Doomguy costumes.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Okay but Nintendo knows that Smash fans get their hopes up.

Also it doesn't even make marketing sense to break up the SMRPG costumes
Granted, there is no reason to split the costumes up arbitrarily. But it's not Nintendo's job to keep a bunch of weirdo fans on social media in check because a character they want in Smash didn't get in.

And this is all built on the assumption that the Mallow costume is real, which I still don't buy into, anyway.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Figured there'd be nothing. People were saying that like it was confirmed that there'd be something during the info dump.

Game Awards, maybe.

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
Okay last one before I tune out for the night:

Sakurai spends 20 minutes explaining the precise physics of the jiggles in the Mallow hat.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I'm really just curious if the Geno thread over on Smashboards is going to hit DEFCON 1 and reach full nuclear Armageddon if, at the very end of one Fighter Pass and just before a second one, Geno is once again hard deconfirmed by a Mii costume.

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
I'm really just curious if the Geno thread over on Smashboards is going to hit DEFCON 1 and reach full nuclear Armageddon if, at the very end of one Fighter Pass and just before a second one, Geno is once again hard deconfirmed by a Mii costume.

Geno fans live in an unending nightmare world.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Palutena's Japanese voice actress will be present during the presentation and troll Smash fans with insults in-character.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird to me that they had a great schedule going on where there would be a character coming out and right when they were revealed there would be a new character to hype up.

Now Terry is going to come out and then nothing. Just immensely odd

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
What reason is there to believe the premium costume leak is real?

Like I think Mondo brought it up but the idea of them getting the rights from major companies including fucking Disney to make Mii Costumes and doing it all in 2 months since Sans' release (which I should bring up the leak even claims Sakurai said Sans was a test for this concept). Like no one is going to be happy with this and it just limits what they could work on for DLC.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Well, technically fighter #5 has already been announced, we just don't know who they are yet. This is probably referring to characters post Fighter Pass.

I just can't believe we'll get 45 minutes of Terry + Miis.

Technically that's correct. Fighter #5 has already been announced, we just don't know the name.

And Sakurai does like to troll.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Forty-five minutes for one challenger pack sounds actually kinda boring, Hero and Banjo's videos dragged on some already and they were like half that length.

Gen 8 pokeball pokemon
"We're happy to announce that when you download this Sword & Shield Pokeball update sixty percent of the previously available Pokeball Pokemon will be removed to give you that authentic Galar experience."

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
What reason is there to believe the premium costume leak is real?

Like I think Mondo brought it up but the idea of them getting the rights from major companies including fucking Disney to make Mii Costumes and doing it all in 2 months since Sans' release (which I should bring up the leak even claims Sakurai said Sans was a test for this concept). Like no one is going to be happy with this and it just limits what they could work on for DLC.

It's absolutely god-awful and wretched, and for that reason we must all prepare for it as an eventuality, lest we be disappointed when Sakurai tears out Sora's still-beating heart and eats it in front of us.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
The Cacodemon/Mallow video on youtube is still up, right?
Edit - still up. Wonder If Nintendo doesn't care or its fake

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai going to slaughter the top guy picks.

Fighter Pass 2: All Women. Starting with Dixie

I wouldn't even be mad, even if I like Sora

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's also mentioning E3 but all we got were Hero and Banjo's announcements. Nothing on Miis

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Sakurai going to slaughter the top guy picks.

Fighter Pass 2: All Women. Starting with Dixie

I wouldn't even be mad, even if I like Sora
hey! don't try to spin the collective pessimism! if we lose, we all lose! Besides, Dixie is already a Mii hat in the base game, so they'll just bring the rest of the costume to make a set and charge for less

there, everyone is sad now

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
im having a hard time believing that Nintendo would negotiate with Disney just to make Sora a mii costume knowing how wanted he is.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
im having a hard time believing that Nintendo would negotiate with Disney just to make Sora a mii costume knowing how wanted he is.
Sakurai doesn't really seem to be on the same wavelength as fans when it comes to Mii costumes - for him they're a good consolation for fighters who didn't "make the cut," whereas for fans they're the end of the world and completely destroy a character's chances at getting into the game.

I can see him requesting Sora and "settling" for a Mii costume if the deal to get him as a character was too expensive.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sakurai doesn't really seem to be on the same wavelength as fans when it comes to Mii costumes - for him they're a good consolation for fighters who didn't "make the cut," whereas for fans they're the end of the world and completely destroy a character's chances at getting into the game.

I can see him requesting Sora and "settling" for a Mii costume if the deal to get him as a character was too expensive.
Not to mention that if keeping Sora on the eShop indefinitely is something that Disney won't allow, Sakurai would probably be more okay with a Sora Mii Costume eventually being pulled from the eShop by Disney compared to a full-on character.

Status
Not open for further replies.