• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
If we go First Party only for the next pass, my choice would be

Ring Fit Adventurer
Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents (with Cheerleaders/Elite Beat Divas alts)
Isa Jo/Kachi
Dixie Kong
Pig Ganon

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I'm glad the Geno talks died down a little. The more confident you guys get about Geno, the less likely he feels to me, haha.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Where the hell is Klonoa.

yv46iuB.gif

Ingore the subtitle

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
I'm personally not expecting Monster Hunter specifically because Rathalos is a boss. It means MH in Smash was discussed with Capcom and a conscious decision was made to not have a playable character.
Haven't had characters that were one Mii or assist trophies though? Preexistence of franchise seems to be a good indicator, not a bad one. Also MH would be the Ultimate final character since it's Capcoms biggest franchise now plus it could have an actual different weapon for each alt costume. If that's what they're doing then it would make sense to save it for the end. You know they want to say that the final fighter 'is also Ultimate' in the reveal.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
See, i'm looking at all of these lists, but I just keep thinking about how I already leaked all of the remaining DLC fighters a few days ago.
L1dcUrD.png

Wabam! Your DLC lineup, coming to a copy of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate near you. Unfortunately; Reimu, Layton, Lara Croft, 2B and some alternatives for the Bandai Namco character could not make the cut (though, I could toss out Sora for one of those).

Now, you may have noticed a distinct lack of first-party characters; and that's because I don't think we'll get any. But to fulfil this desire, i've made two substitute passes!
CK5MQdu.png

It's... Rillaboom!
dAw86E2.png
Beautiful. And why not, have some freshly-picked Echo Fighters too.
rw9Hl09.png
Though, if you're upset with some of those picks, I can allow for the inclusion of the following:
BRI87T9.png

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
Challenger 5:
  • Geno (Square Enix)
Fighter Pass 2 (Third Party Redux)
  • Tracer
  • Doomslayer
  • Sora
  • Chun-Li
  • KOS-MOS
Fighter Pass 3: (First Party)
  • Elma
  • Ring Fit Trainer
  • Twintelle
  • Capt Toad
  • Octoling

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, would Rock Howard work as an Echo? I thought he had Geese's moves too.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Haven't had characters that were one Mii or assist trophies though? Preexistence of franchise seems to be a good indicator, not a bad one. Also MH would be the Ultimate final character since it's Capcoms biggest franchise now plus it could have an actual different weapon for each alt costume. If that's what they're doing then it would make sense to save it for the end. You know they want to say that the final fighter 'is also Ultimate' in the reveal.
Across different games that happened. No franchise has been upgraded within the same Smash game.

Though granted this one has a much longer lifespan.
See, i'm looking at all of these lists, but I just keep thinking about how I already leaked all of the remaining DLC fighters a few days ago.

Though, if you're upset with some of those picks, I can allow for the inclusion of the following:
BRI87T9.png
>Adol

tenor.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

A different weapon per costume would be absolutely not viable. That would be multiple characters in one slot. That's the kind of thing you'd do for a main roster character, NOT DLC.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rock isn't nearly as close to Terry as some people think. He's roughly 1/3 Terry, 1/3 Geese, and 1/3 original. Even most of the moves he borrows have their own spin.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
2018: "Dixie can be a Diddy echo, all they need to do is change her Up B"

2019: "Rock can be a Terry echo, all they need to do is change everything but his Up B"

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like some people in Smash Community noticed that Super Smash Bros Youtube list got blue notification ping popped up so people are assuming that we might get the reveal in couple of weeks or so.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like some people in Smash Community noticed that Super Smash Bros Youtube list got blue notification ping popped up so people are assuming that we might get the reveal in couple of weeks or so.
Just once, I want to see the video end up being a pure troll. Like a Smash Youtube video that's nothing but Katsuhiro Harada opening his jacket to flaunt his "DON'T ASK ME FOR SHIT" T-shirt.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Gamefreak releases a trailer showing off the final forms of the Galar starters on Friday, and the trailer ends with a Smash reveal for Rillaboom

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
just noticed for the first time ever, almost a whole year after the game came out, that the Pokemon Trainer doesn't stand behind the stage if you're playing with five or more people

this game has a lot of characters in it

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
A different weapon per costume would be absolutely not viable. That would be multiple characters in one slot. That's the kind of thing you'd do for a main roster character, NOT DLC.
It would be viable, just a lot of work. As I said, the specials would all be the same. It would be Ultimate if they did it, which is why they might. I don't think it's all that crazy. Pokemon is kinda 3 characters, Mii fighter is many fighters, Zelda/shiek got split into 2 characters, There are multiple Links, and many FE characters are basically alts of Marth. The thing about MH is that each weapon feels very different. The game is slow and heavy or fast and agile if you want it to be. There are some playstyles that aren't in Smash like the lancer with its defense focus or Hunting Horn with its buffs. They could have lots of fun with it.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are we back to posting unmarked Pokémon spoilers again? Or was that in the trailer that went out today?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It would be viable, just a lot of work. As I said, the specials would all be the same. It would be Ultimate if they did it, which is why they might. I don't think it's all that crazy. Pokemon is kinda 3 characters, Mii fighter is many fighters, Zelda/shiek got split into 2 characters, There are multiple Links, and many FE characters are basically alts of Marth. The thing about MH is that each weapon feels very different. The game is slow and heavy or fast and agile if you want it to be. There are some playstyles that aren't in Smash like the lancer with its defense focus or Hunting Horn with its buffs. They could have lots of fun with it.

You can't just be like "this character uses sword/shield and this alt uses great sword but the specials are all the same". MH characters play completely and utterly differently. There's virtually no moveset overlap.

Like I said, it's something you would see for a main cast character but not a DLC character. They're not programming multiple entire characters into one DLC character that might not even be portable to the next game.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are we back to posting unmarked Pokémon spoilers again? Or was that in the trailer that went out today?
There at least wasn't any in the Japanese trailer.

Wish this shit would stop. I'm already having a hard time avoiding Pokémon talk anywhere else I go, can we at least wait until the week following the game release?

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I see Monster Hunter as a character capable of switching weapons, but that's irrelevant from their available costumes or not.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Final Character S1

- Ryu Hayabusa

Season 2

- Billy/Jimmy Lee - Double Dragon
- Lance/Bill - Contra
- Bonk
- Lara Croft
- Scorpion or Sub-Zero

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I'd rather have Flarehare or Oceamander as the Gen VIII rep.

Keep whining about spoilers I made those names up

Status
Not open for further replies.