• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I did find a bigger version but to say it's not still blurry well....

EI5m29VXkAEoWOZ.jpg

it's more two halves that are being put together in an attempt to support each other, they originally did the stuff under the timeline, then came back to it later on for the rule of threes stuff

Thanks for finding the bigger version. Hmm it is still very blurry but I can understand what it is getting at now more or less.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I now have two most wanted echo fighters, both thanks to E. Gadd.

QrvCdcP.jpg

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Problem with Lip is that outside of the sequel/remake on GCN, the whole fairy theme was excised in future installments favor of Pokemon or techno or just...nothing.

Remember the Puzzle League game that came bundeled with Dr. Mario on GBA? Remember how the theme was just...nothing?

Poor girl basically got wiped out from her own franchise out of fear of westerners not liking cute anime girls. At least Puyo Puyo's cast managed to carry on even after the Kirby's Avalanche/Mean Bean Machine fiasco.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So essentially there's a theory going around that the team is working on three characters at a time. Seems reasonable enough.

However what that could mean for characters in another thing. It's hard to make out what cases it's making for the characters in the graph

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So if bottom is true it means KOS-MOS, hayabusa, and Reimu are all developed as a rule of three right?

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
So essentially there's a theory going around that the team is working on three characters at a time. Seems reasonable enough.

However what that could mean for characters in another thing. It's hard to make out what cases it's making for the characters in the graph
Pretty much agreed. If we were in the situation where there're, say, nine conflicting prominent leakers with a history of getting stuff right, this could be useful at selecting the most promising ones, but with this applied just to the "cat guy", it's extremely random.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I feel like that timeline falls apart a bit at the end too. In order to push their theory about Remiu and Hayabusa, they kick Terry out of the cycle right after he gets revealed, which... doesn't make sense? The cycle should be something like:

Joker / Hero / Banjo & Kazooie
Hero / Banjo & Kazooie / Terry
Terry / Fighter 5 / Fighter 6
Fighter 5 / Fighter 6 / Fighter 7

Piranha Plant appears to have been developed as a base fighter, and they made no mention of it in that launch day message, so i'm excluding it.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
So if bottom is true it means KOS-MOS, hayabusa, and Reimu are all developed as a rule of three right?
The supposed leaker who posted about Banjo's internal code would be buddy before the announcement at E3 said that KOS-MOS will be the 5th fighter and Ryu with Reimu were early in development.

That would be amazing but it could end up just being piggybacking...

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Man, my mind has just been blown to bits in the last 45 minutes by this Sonic 3 proto. I don't think I can process Smash speculation for awhile.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Reimu will never be in Smash. Fake leak.
How so? All leaks are fake until proven real. Reimu's chances are highest they've ever been in recent times. She's a great female rep for the fighter pass, and popular to boot too.
I must say that I don't really know the character, just hoping for KOS-MOS and/or Hayabusa lol
Go look her up, she's quite interesting.

But I'm a bit biased. Touhou is my favorite video game series and Marisa Kirisame is my #1 favorite video game character.

Coldman

Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be a total bummer to go from "love-in for this entire storied company" to a few tracks from a single series again

...which is why we need Bub (& Bob) and a shitload of Taito music

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
I'd like for that leak to be true because the "no western chars in smash" chants would be fun to watch

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
That incineroar amiibo post reminds me how lame his render pose is, modeled on his awkward standard stance from sun/moon, when the smash one is a grinning showman.
why couldn't the amiibo have like one of the taunt poses.

well anyway on the amiibo front, I'm sure my pre ordered simon will arrive soon...AND LATE

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So the theory is actually nice for the most part but I just want the next direct or game awards to hurry the hell up so I can either be the happiest person ever or most disappointed.

Better to be disappointed now than later lol

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
In retrospect it's pretty obvious the second 4chan post is piggybacking off the first. It would have been more substantial if it leaked those characters before post-pass DLC was confirmed.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Knowing about Touhou is the litmus test if you've spent too much time on the internet, especially in the 2000s/early 2010s.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
In retrospect it's pretty obvious the second 4chan post is piggybacking off the first. It would have been more substantial if it leaked those characters before post-pass DLC was confirmed.
The second cat post is a pretty obvious piggyback if you ask me, Lack of code-names is a huge giveaway.

Knowing about Touhou is the litmus test if you've spent too much time on the internet, especially in the 2000s/early 2010s.
Don't know if I should be happy about passing.

GarudaSmash

Sep 12, 2018
Sony's been using Crash for promotional purposes quite a bit lately. I can't see how he'd be in smash at this point. Conflict of interest. I'm starting to think that they're making a psasbr successor of sorts with Crash in it. Lame.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
*Looks at "Rule of Threes" leak*
"The last NES-era classic that's not yet in Smash"

What kind of zoomer wrote this? Where's Contra in Smash? Where's Bubble Bobble? Where's Ghosts 'n Goblins? So weird people keep spreading this Fake News in regards to Ninja Gaiden.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony's been using Crash for promotional purposes quite a bit lately. I can't see how he'd be in smash at this point. Conflict of interest. I'm starting to think that they're making a psasbr successor of sorts with Crash in it. Lame.
I'm actually hopping for a PSABAR 2 frankly. It's fun thinking of an actually good roster while not reusing anyone from Smash.(not that I think that's a rule but more a self imposed challenge.)

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
I feel like Reimu is an elaborate joke you all pranking me
Nah, a joke would be Fortnite or Shantae. Reimu's an actual character with a large history. Makes sense to actually consider her.
I knew about Touhou because of memes, music, and music memes.

The majority of which were about maid DIO.
latest
Definitely check out the games or some even the recent fan game with Sakuya as the main character Touhou Luna Nights. It's a pretty awesome Metroidvania.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
*Looks at "Rule of Threes" leak*
"The last NES-era classic that's not yet in Smash"

What kind of zoomer wrote this? Where's Contra in Smash? Where's Bubble Bobble? Where's Ghosts 'n Goblins? So weird people keep spreading this Fake News in regards to Ninja Gaiden.
To be fair all those belong to companies already in Smash and would most likely not be the ones chosen if said company got a new character.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Shantae has a smash legacy, a series of very thirsty and popular user designed stages every time I check the user content

Status
Not open for further replies.