• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Sony's been using Crash for promotional purposes quite a bit lately. I can't see how he'd be in smash at this point. Conflict of interest. I'm starting to think that they're making a psasbr successor of sorts with Crash in it. Lame.
I mean.. it's been that way since N. Sane Trilogy first launched, frankly. Not really different than before, where even PS4 bundles they got with Ratchet & Clank remake.

Is no secret that Sony has Crash marketing locked, even when games are multiplat like Nitro-Fueled; --On the Game Awards announcement, they didn't even showed the other systems logos lol

But on the matter of a PSASBR sequel, I doubt they will ever try again, especially considering Smash is a much bigger competition than it was before. And even if somehow they made it and had Crash playable, I also don't think would prevent the character to be in Smash as well (as with Dante and Heihachi).

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
*Looks at "Rule of Threes" leak*
"The last NES-era classic that's not yet in Smash"

What kind of zoomer wrote this? Where's Contra in Smash? Where's Bubble Bobble? Where's Ghosts 'n Goblins? So weird people keep spreading this Fake News in regards to Ninja Gaiden.

I think it's because Ryu Hayabusa is seen as a more distinctive and iconic character than the mascots of those games (well... I love Bub and Bob, personally) so they get overlooked. Those games also debuted in the arcade before they did on the NES, although I guess that doesn't stop people from considering Punch-Out an NES classic.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
In retrospect it's pretty obvious the second 4chan post is piggybacking off the first. It would have been more substantial if it leaked those characters before post-pass DLC was confirmed.

I mean there's no way to prove it. Insiders would have commented on it if they knew something but clearly they dont.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
*Looks at "Rule of Threes" leak*
"The last NES-era classic that's not yet in Smash"

What kind of zoomer wrote this? Where's Contra in Smash? Where's Bubble Bobble? Where's Ghosts 'n Goblins? So weird people keep spreading this Fake News in regards to Ninja Gaiden.
Yeah, it's a variation of...

"Yeah, but they're the last BIG Japanese IP/Nintendo character left to be put in!"

Two days after the stanned character gets in, there's a new target.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think Contra would absolutely be the next in line after Ninja Gaiden, same as Ninja Gaiden seems to have taken up the mantle from Castlevania (which took it from Mega Man).

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
In some far-removed timeline where Sega never got MJ to compose music for Sonic 3, these tracks are in Smash

Doesn't excuse the absence of Hydrocity and Flying Battery though.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Contra and Double Dragon are in line to be in Smash eventually.. but I think they'd get in Smash as Assists or even through just music..

Now Ninja Gaiden? Was too big to not get a full playable character. It even got to be in the movie The Wizard! :p

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In some far-removed timeline where Sega never got MJ to compose music for Sonic 3, these tracks are in Smash

Doesn't excuse the absence of Hydrocity and Flying Battery though.
Not bad but I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer what we got.

Though I'd happily take these if it meant I could get a freaking Sonic 3 and Knuckles port for modern consoles.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Not bad but I'd be lying if I said I didn't prefer what we got.

Though I'd happily take these if it meant I could get a freaking Sonic 3 and Knuckles port for modern consoles.
If the MJ estate is the issue as speculated, why doesn't Sega just replace the soundtrack with the prototype songs or compose new ones? They did for Banana Blitz HD

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Wonder how Sakurai would've incorporated the Drop Dash into Sonic's moveset if it was included in Sonic 3 as originally planned.

I guess you can charge Spin Dashes in the air in Smash anyway; but maybe he could've done something else with it?

Anyway... justice for the unused theme (probably Super Sonic's theme)!

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
It's kinda weird that the "known" leakers (Sabi or Verg, if they even are the deal) haven't said who the final character is nor they have mentioned KOS-MOS :(

How so? All leaks are fake until proven real. Reimu's chances are highest they've ever been in recent times. She's a great female rep for the fighter pass, and popular to boot too.

Go look her up, she's quite interesting.

But I'm a bit biased. Touhou is my favorite video game series and Marisa Kirisame is my #1 favorite video game character.

Thanks! Will check the video.
So the theory is actually nice for the most part but I just want the next direct or game awards to hurry the hell up so I can either be the happiest person ever or most disappointed.

Better to be disappointed now than later lol
Yep, VGA can't come soon enough, I want to see if my hopes will be crushed or not lol.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
I want to know how many people currently in the roster had people say "they'd never be in" before?

I've had people tell me that for both Joker and Bayonetta.
I remember at least two people back in the Smash 4 speculation days that gave me long-ass essay posts of why Rosalina should not and will never be in Smash, after all I did was comment that she was one of my favorites and I'd like to see her in Smash.

She was confirmed for Smash less than a month later.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I remember someone in the pre-Ultimate speculation days trying to claim that everyone expected Rosalina to be in Smash 4

she really wasn't on the radar at all

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
This is important (and I kinda missed when it happened), but this is the first time that Heihachi appears in something since the passing of his voice actor.. and as I guessed, they just recycled his recorded voice clips. This should be a non-issue for Smash too

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
The announcement of her inclusion in 3D World was where I went from "Rosalina's a pipe dream character" to #lock status.

She better be in Odyssey 2.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
If the MJ estate is the issue as speculated, why doesn't Sega just replace the soundtrack with the prototype songs or compose new ones? They did for Banana Blitz HD
Banana Blitz did just have a limited term contract. Sonic 3 has a legal mess. Not the same thing. Plus, Sonic fanbase... exists and keeps an ear on this stuff, and S3 rerelease would probably target them.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
What is this cat leak

These are my thoughts on it.

Cat leak has yet to be disproven. It posits that the first cat leaker and second cat leaker are one and the same. Cat leaker #1 had legit info on Banjo and even revealed his codename before Sabi and Shinobi. Codenames are only revealed when a fighter launches so yes that guy was 100% a developer or someone at Nintendo.

Cat leak #2 is assumed to be the same guy but has holes in it. He said KOS-MOS is dropped as #5 but didn't give any codename for her but also says Reimu and Hayabusa are specifically early in development. Why could it be the same guy? Well, it might not be but a big reason is that the cat picture was only used a very low amount of times and people think it is him. I know right... not a very good thing going for it but keep in mind people with tripcodes on 4chan have been found to be fake as well. The picture means nothing, HOWEVER the amount of times it was used after Banjo buddy guy is somewhat credible. ALSO, Verg only said months after that Hayabusa would be moved to post pass... if you even trust verg that is.

https://arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/gamwHjU9qo7Z-_8IO4CMHA/ ignore all the **** posting before the actual leak though. But you'll recognize what I mean when you compare that Piranha plant's leaker image was used so much to impersonate the actual leaker. Anyway, the cat KOS-MOS one only was posted after the direct which revealed Terry which is interesting to say the least.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
it still feels extremely good and just to me that Smash 4 and Ultimate have introduced three brand new unique Mario characters and none of them are Waluigi

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I frankly didn't expect more characters to be added to the Mario cast in Smash4. With Dr. Mario gone in Brawl, I thought they had the perfect and balanced roster with the Mario Brothers, Peach and Bowser. But of course, was naive of my part, and I gladly welcome Jr. and Piranha Plant (..well.. Rosalina too.. )

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
These are my thoughts on it.

Cat leak has yet to be disproven. It posits that the first cat leaker and second cat leaker are one and the same. Cat leaker #1 had legit info on Banjo and even revealed his codename before Sabi and Shinobi. Codenames are only revealed when a fighter launches so yes that guy was 100% a developer or someone at Nintendo.

Cat leak #2 is assumed to be the same guy but has holes in it. He said KOS-MOS is dropped as #5 but didn't give any codename for her but also says Reimu and Hayabusa are specifically early in development. Why could it be the same guy? Well, it might not be but a big reason is that the cat picture was only used a very low amount of times and people think it is him. I know right... not a very good thing going for it but keep in mind people with tripcodes on 4chan have been found to be fake as well. The picture means nothing, HOWEVER the amount of times it was used after Banjo buddy guy is somewhat credible. ALSO, Verg only said months after that Hayabusa would be moved to post pass... if you even trust verg that is.

https://arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/gamwHjU9qo7Z-_8IO4CMHA/ ignore all the **** posting before the actual leak though. But you'll recognize what I mean when you compare that Piranha plant's leaker image was used so much to impersonate the actual leaker. Anyway, the cat KOS-MOS one only was posted after the direct which revealed Terry which is interesting to say the least.
So... to clarify, the only real piece of evidence the second cat person is legit is that both they and Vergeben said that Ryu 2: Electric Boogaloo isn't Fighter #5? And even that is entirely dependent on if Vergeben is legit?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what excuses y'all will come up with when Geno is playable.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So... to clarify, the only real piece of evidence the second cat person is legit is that both they and Vergeben said that Ryu 2: Electric Boogaloo isn't Fighter #5? And even that is entirely dependent on if Vergeben is legit?

pretty much. And the fact Verge or any other fake ass leakers haven't commented on it makes me think they dont know shit.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I didn't think of rosalina before say toad

And she is really in to represent Mario galaxy without reworking Mario plus the puppet gimmick

Ofcourse the same excuse won't be used to re0resent spear axe and hammer combat from botw

Status
Not open for further replies.