• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Still holding out for that SHMUP character
Still holding out for TWINBEE

Opa-Opa or Reimu would be fine too tho
Well the good news is I posted this in the Smash Discord and since I got the day right it must be true!

unknown.png

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017

Reading through PushDustin's translation, it makes more sense why the presentation is so long. It looks like it will be a love letter to fighting games, not just Terry.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Sakurai's going to celebrate fighter history by giving us a full assortment of Fighter's History mii fighter costumes

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Fighting game Mii costumes Round 2?

Time for an Arina costume + her theme.

Weary Bones

Nov 7, 2017
SoCal
New thread, time to post my Top 3:

1. Bomberman
2. Chibi-Robo
3.... I can't think of a third.

Skull Kid? Rayman? Lara Croft?

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So regarding fighter #5, I wonder if Sakurai will bother to announce another smash bros broadcast later this year to cover the final character and announce FP2, or whether we'll just be waiting for a possible VGA announcement.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
So regarding fighter #5, I wonder if Sakurai will bother to announce another smash bros broadcast later this year to cover the final character and announce FP2, or whether we'll just be waiting for a possible VGA announcement.
They know everybody will be watching the TGAs with the expectation of a new fighter, after Joker.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Frogger is literally more iconic than 2/3 of the entire cast already in the game, so wouldn't be the craziest character in the world, if true.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Guess we'll find out in 25 hours. I can already imagine the anger at announcing another presentation at the end of this one.

But seriously, without a new fighter or major new mode to talk about, they need to end this presentation with... something.

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018
The last character is Flappy Bird to celebrate him making Polygon's top 100 games of the 2010s

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Frogger was the last published SNES game in the States.

What a wet fart to end that system's life on.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Konami really really tried to figure out what the hell to do with Frogger for a while

they did not succeed

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
When PushDustIn posted the tweet about it's for fighting fans so I wonder if we are going to see 2D Fighting Mode for Smash Bros! :P

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The direct is for fighting game fans, because if you like any non-fighting game character they'll be revealed as a mii costume in the 30 minute premium costume montage

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
For fighting game fans huh?

$4 Frame Data DLC confirmed
Also $10 Good Netcode DLC

We did it baby

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
...what do you mean by 2d fighting mode?

Stamina already exists and smash gameplay is basically 2d =P
Maybe he means sprites lol

Naw, I meant they could have a special mode with very few stages (like Ryu's Stage, Terry's stage, few Nintendo stage. Basically it would be 1 vs 1 and forced stamina with fixed stages to have flat stage with no walk off or fall off. I know it's unlikely but it would be cool if it happens.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Maybe they'll updating the base game with more modern content

"Since Smash Bros Ultimate will be around for awhile longer, we thought we'd do an update to keep the game current beyond just characters"

New Assist Trophies
- Officer Howard
- King Boo
- Someone from Three Houses
- Aigis
- Klungo

New Pokeballs
- Galarian Weezing
- Sobble
- Meltan/Melmetal
- Zacian
- Zamazenta

Music from various games released in late 2018 through 2020.

The return of the Fan, Red Shell and Cloaking Device

There's an extra 5-10 minutes of content

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017

"Since Smash Bros Ultimate will be around for awhile longer, we thought we'd do an update to keep the game current beyond just characters"

New Assist Trophies
- Officer Howard
- King Boo
- Aigis
- Klungo

New Pokeballs
- Galarian Weezing
- Sobble
- Meltan/Melmetal
- Zacian
- Zamazenta

Or it's Sakurai just giving some more life stories lol.

Or a Q&A

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I think if Banjo-Kazooie got an assist trophy, it'd be Mumbo Jumbo considering they already have the asset from the Spiral Mountain stage. Kinda like how they chose Klaptrap as the first DK AT because they already had the model from the remade Jungle Japes/Kongo Falls stages.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

New Assist Trophies
- Officer Howard
- King Boo
- Aigis
- Klungo

New Pokeballs
- Galarian Weezing
- Sobble
- Meltan/Melmetal
- Zacian
- Zamazenta

New assist trophies is actually a fun thing to think about.
Jack Frost.
Alena.
Fio.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
If we got third party assist trophy dlc for Persona, Dragon Quest, Banjo-Kazooie, Fatal Fury and whoever else we get, I'd be over the moon.

But I'll take whatever extra content we can get.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
What's the consensus on leaks currently? Looks like the Terry stream has taken over the conversation.

Opinions on the Mallow leak? Real, fake?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
What's the consensus on leaks currently? Looks like the Terry stream has taken over the conversation.

It hasn't been debunked, that's for sure.
Either it's real or it's the best mod we've seen to date. The Mallow hat has jiggle physics ffs.

I'm cautiously optimistic. Mostly based on how good and how random (at least to me) the Cacodemon hat is. Like I would never even expect that, and it looks perfect like it belongs with any other hat.
We'll see if someone comes close to recreating what we saw

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
I think the same thing as before. The costumes are real, but they don't indicate that geno or doom guy made the cut. If anything just makes me believe we only getting costumes instead of them.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be another Capcom fighter in the next pack for sure.

Chun-Li
Haggar/Cody/Guy
Arthur
Jill

If one of them isn't in the next pass I'll eat cysty-pig.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017

We've hit a point where Geno fans are convinced the Mallow hat jiggles.

We're talking about allegedly seeing subtle 1px movements in something that looks like this:
unknown.png

Basically, they're insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.