• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 6 days, 50 minutes, 12 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 7 | King of Fighters: Dream Match Never Ends - (ERA, ARE YOU OKAY!?)

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'd change is to have Jill wear her white jacket with the sleeves rolled up. Otherwise, I'd take that design over her old tube top any day of the week.
The outfit is whatever to me, I generally prefer the STARS outfit even if the tube top design has a more 90s pulp fiction appeal to it. I just don't care much for the model they went with. The Julia Voth look is just too iconic to lose imo.

jph139

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
It occasionally looks jarring/uncanny but I really love the RE engine style. Works great for RE and for DMC. I'd be curious to see how a SFVI would look... not sure how plausible it is with such an exaggerated cast though.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
The outfit is whatever to me, I generally prefer the STARS outfit even if the tube top design has a more 90s pulp fiction feeling to it. I just don't care much for the model they went with. The Julia Voth look is just too iconic to lose imo.
My thoughts exactly, plus all of the other people saying that they prefer the more stylized looks that were used pre-RE Engine, except I'll say that I prefer her BSAA Rev 1 outfit to her RE3 look (old or new).

Also, I just prefer Jill with a hat of some kind. She always pulls them off well.

Hailinel

Oct 27, 2017
Street Fighter X Tekken was a good game marred by Capcom bungling the gem system with DLC and the on-disc character DLC controversy.

It's also the game that brought Poison back and for that I'll always be thankful.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter X Tekken was a good game marred by Capcom bungling the gem system with DLC and the on-disc character DLC controversy.

It's also the game that brought Poison back and for that I'll always be thankful.
The gameplay was awful until they dropped a bigass patch later. Matches were nothing but timeouts and all of the slower characters were worthless because they didn't do any more damage the characters with the fastest normals.

CyberWolfJV

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
SFxTK was the game that truly introduced me the Tekken characters. Before that, I had played a bit of Tekken 5, but I didn't form any opinion on the cast. When I played SFxTK, I actually started liking Heihachi :p (Paul and Lili too)

CyberWolfJV

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Reminder what SFV was supposed to look like

With their design choices in RE Engine, I wouldn't be surprised for 6...
I don't mind realistic textures and effects going on, but SF was always a stylized cartoon/anime look. I'd simply hate to see that go away.

I actually take the PlayDoh hairs in SFV over anything realistic. there, I said it :p

Bluewind098

Oct 27, 2017
This detour in Street Fighter X Tekken is making me think of when I was watching some footage of it from a video about Rollback netcode and man that game had the most garish looking backgrounds I've ever seen. The SF4 artstyle was so fucking bad thank god for SFV moving past it even with it's own imperfections

Neoxon

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Reminder what SFV was supposed to look like

With their design choices in RE Engine, I wouldn't be surprised for 6...
But again, assuming that RE3 Remake is still being made by Capcom Dev 1, we have yet to see anyone outside of Dev 1 take advantage of the RE Engine. I'd imagine that SFVI & whatever Versus game we get next will stick with Unreal Engine 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.