• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai on third party spirits:

pop-team-epic-04.jpg

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
The new additions to the roster are insane when they're all laid out like that. It's easy to take this game for granted.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
lol Piranha plant is forgettable as fuck. Just realized that I never redeemed the code to unlock it and now that shit expired.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing's been said about that. Mobile game is coming to Japan next year and it seems to be a gacha with battle chips.
I'm an optimist.

Besides, I wouldn't actually be bummed if I'm wrong. I have most of these games easily accessible and can play them anytime. Didn't alway play both version. Think 4 and 5 were the only ones i actually got to play both.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They actually put the burning Smash Ball in Inkling's eye

I like how that's her thing now

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Maybe we're getting FP #5 next week with a tourney heh
We're too far gone now. We had the good times:
  • Tourney - Heroes Vs. Villains (Hero Promotion)
  • Spirit Board - Step on the Gas!
  • Tourney - Original Class of '64
  • Spirit Board - Change Your Fate!
  • Tourney - The Ultimate Partnership (Banjo & Kazooie Promotion)
  • Spirit Board - Experience before Youth!
  • Tourney - The Next Big Super Star
  • Spirit Board - Arsenals at the Ready! DAEMON X MACHINA
  • Tourney - Battle for Spirit Supremacy
  • Spirit Board - Autumn Snackfest!
  • Tourney - Hefty Heavyweights
  • Spirit Board - Attack of the Tetriminos!
Then the Terry reshuffle happened:
  • Spirit Board - Smash by the Sword
  • Tourney - Mano a Mano (Terry Promotion)
After that, Pokemon got us back on track:
  • Tourney - Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield!
  • Spirit Board - New Galar Region Pokémon Discovered!
Then Resident Evil ruined everything:
  • Spirit Board - Oust Resident Evil!
  • Spirit Board - 1st Anniversary!

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I like Banjo but damn does his up tilt need its hitbox extended horizontally. It's already worse than snakes in speed and kill power. Just let him hit everyone with it.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
m-maybe they'll fix our spirit/tourney situation by giving us two Tourneys in a row, because Amaterasu is releasing a week after The Game Awards!

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
lol Piranha plant is forgettable as fuck. Just realized that I never redeemed the code to unlock it and now that shit expired.
My opinion on Piranha Plant kinda soured as time went on. At first, I was fine with it being the obligatory WTF pick. But when the current problems with the roster regarding gender & ethnic diversity became worse with each reveal, it made me wonder what it'd be like if we got someone like Urbosa instead.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I've said this before but Plant was a cool reveal but they've never felt like more than a novelty to me. I don't hate their inclusion but i'm pretty apathetic towards them.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I think before Terry, Piranha Plant was my most used character. He's unique, but rather straight forward in what makes him unique, which I like. I do think the Mario series didn't need to become more lopsided before.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
My opinion on Piranha Plant kinda soured as time went on. At first, I was fine with it being the obligatory WTF pick. But when the current problems with the roster regarding gender & ethnic diversity became worse with each reveal, it made me wonder what it'd be like if we got someone like Urbosa instead.
How did Piranha Plant soured you and not Incineroar.

Piranha Plant is something Smash also really needs. A non-humanlike creature.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
PP kinda feels like to me Sakurai going "well, I want another wacky surprise character in the vein of Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B. or Duck Hunt, but I can't think of another suitable retro rep that wouldn't feel forced, so this time I'm just gonna make a mook playable"

It's kinda funny but yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.