• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaShadowX

Feb 5, 2019

My man!

Screen_Shot_2019_06_11_at_6.57.31_PM.png

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what a sensible cutoff would be (Dante is 18 years old!), though if I count Monster Hunter and Kiryu then Dante should probably count as well.

Go back two console generations. PS3/Xbox360/Wii. Anything older than that and you're getting into stuff that came out nearly 15-20 years ago, and there should be no situation where 15-20 year old games are "recent."

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Go back two console generations. PS3/Xbox360/Wii. Anything older than that and you're getting into stuff that came out nearly 15-20 years ago, and there should be no situation where 15-20 year old games are "recent."
I think Monster Hunter and Yakuza feel more recent to me than they actually are because it took so long for them to catch on outside of Japan.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This temper tantrum over Persona sucking because it's popular, and that SMT is the true mark of mature content in gaming is exhausting. I've come to appreciate the Persona fans not having that stick up their asses.

Persona sucks for a lot of reasons beyond being popular.

Anyway if anyone ever tells you that SMT is "the true mark of mature content in gaming" be sure to remind them that one of its most iconic designs is a giant tentacled phallus riding a chariot.

Whoever made this is mad that somehow Persona rewrote history and made SMT the spinoff obscure games

That 3DS spinoff Atlus released was weird. It was in Tokyo so I knew it was a Persona game but I couldn't waifu Isabeau or Nozomi for some reason. It really was the Dark Souls of Persona.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Persona sucks for a lot of reasons beyond being popular.

Anyway if anyone ever tells you that SMT is "the true mark of mature content in gaming" be sure to remind them that one of its most iconic designs is a giant tentacled phallus riding a chariot.

I've played SMT (and non-Persona spin-off) games. I know what they're like.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
God please not more Persona discourse in this thread.
I'll take another Seth circle jerk over it.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Reminder that
we're totally getting another overlooked character that wasn't often part of the forum speculation bubble.
Also Phoenix, my favorite character. He's in because I like him.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reason so many prominent female leads don't have a chance isn't because they're any less interesting/unique/prominent/significant, they're due to arbitrary decisions on behalf of Sakurai and/or Nintendo.

Why is MonHun just getting a boss? Why is Jill just a spirit? Why are certain characters given preference over others? When you get past the "upper tier," which other than arguably Hero we're well past after the base game, it's a game of inches at best.

No one disputes that gender representation isn't a priority for the Smash team. They're arguing that it SHOULD be, the same as representing diverse developers and new universes and a variety of fan favorites are all priorities.
^^^^^

This right here.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
How come Seth is the Egyptian god Set and not Adam and Eve's third son?

Why is Set horning in on the name like that?

This is my only criticism with all of MegaTen

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Per MegaTen wiki, it's because he was associated with Apep (a serpent-like Egyptian god) and described with serpentine attributes because they couldn't ascribe other animalistic features to him.

Shin Megami Tensei: Fun and educational.

Last edited:

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how she'd play in Smash, especially considering the pod.

well the pod would be her recovery. Pretty much like Snake's

It really depends on what they give her as she has multiple weapons, but they'll like just give her the heavy and light swords. Probably give her a special dodge or something

her FS would be the aircraft thing

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
well the pod would be her recovery. Pretty much like Snake's

It really depends on what they give her as she has multiple weapons, but they'll like just give her the heavy and light swords. Probably give her a special dodge or something

her FS would be the aircraft thing
What about a self destruct command input?

Status
Not open for further replies.