• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how she'd play in Smash, especially considering the pod.
well the pod would be her recovery. Pretty much like Snake's

It really depends on what they give her as she has multiple weapons, but they'll like just give her the heavy and light swords. Probably give her a special dodge or something

her FS would be the aircraft thing
Yeah, the pod would be her recovery and her projectile (unless they do the weapon shockwaves as her projectile). Down special to cycle through weapons would be neat, but it would probably end up being a counter (with the Automata dodge animation).

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I open this thread I make the Hector Salamanca face at all the dumb-dumb conversation

I then twirl my cape, dive off my gargoyle and disappear into the night

Think about it: Have you ever seen Batman and myself in the same room at the same time?

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they release the same character twice?

7ffkq4j9raz11.jpg

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discusion Thread 8 | Livin' On A Prayer

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
A prophetic vision came to me in my sleep through the form of a dream: DLC alt costumes for fighters. Some characters had different canonical costumes/appearances, like Chronicles Simon; some were different characters from the same franchise, like Dewott over Squirtle; and some were cross-franchise costumes, like Amaterasu as Zacian.

Oh right, Amaterasu was in too.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Thought we already agreed on the next DT title? Or are we going with something else now?

Anyway, if this new thread happens before The Game Awards, I submit:

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 8 | Who Can It Be Now?

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was sealed with whoever said

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discussion Thread 8 | Complete. Global. Deconfirmation.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
You know, something occurred to me a few days ago about Daisy

Sakurai really seems to like her and was just waiting for an excuse to add her to Smash, but didn't think she'd work as a unique fighter.

In Melee, Peach's orange alt is one of the most detailed alt costumes in the game. Daisy has always had trophies, and in Smash 4 had four of them, which is like the most trophies a single non-playable character got. I think only Shy Guy beat her in trophy numbers.

She's mostly always been treated as a higher tier Mario character in Smash, and that might explain why she was added as an echo, and also announced as the first echo. Sakurai has a soft spot for her.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Smh, why did nobody post this fake here? Would've helped to set discussion straight when things went off the rails yesterday.

78943856_556625845128167_1204634173571072000_n-jpg.249665

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's a good point actually. Samus herself is also female-presenting insofar as it's just a fictional character, so in the meta, it's the same net result for both characters.

By this logic though, Sheik is male confirmed. :P

Sheik's a bit more of a grey area, mainly because Sheik is an alter ego/disguise. If we take the not exactly canon OoT manga, then it's definitely leaning more towards Sheik's gender identity being male, but this is discounted by every other source, including Aonuma himself, they refer to Sheik as female. The fact they are referred to as male in OoT's dialogue just could refer to the disguise itself. After all, just cause a woman decides for her Halloween costume to draw a mustache onto her face and put on a tie and a suit doesn't necessarily make her gender identity male, either.

With that said, man I'd love a game where Zelda is non-binary/gender fluid and uses Sheik as a persona to cope with her feelings while having to pretend to be the lovely princess normally.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Every Sheikah warrior we've seen in the series besides Sheik was a woman, so a Sheikah warrior woman would have worked just as well as a disguise against Ganondorf.

All I'm saying is it was a deliberate choice by Zelda to magically transform into a boy, take that information as you will.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Brush up on your N64 game, skipper. Mischief Makers is amazing.
To be fair, it's not like there has been any way to (officially) play Mischief Makers on anything past the N64. Relatively obscure games like that need a wider audience

making the fact that it was planned for the Wii U VC sting even more.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
The real reason no one brought up that fake is that we realized Marina was nominated by someone in this thread and thus clearly won't happen. QED.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Every Sheikah warrior we've seen in the series besides Sheik was a woman, so a Sheikah warrior woman would have worked just as well as a disguise against Ganondorf.

All I'm saying is it was a deliberate choice by Zelda to magically transform into a boy, take that information as you will.
I mean, she was trying to hide from Dorf, and a male Sheikah warrior throws him off her trail more than a female one.

Are we seriously having Shiek gender arguments in 2019 though?

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Sheik's a bit more of a grey area, mainly because Sheik is an alter ego/disguise. If we take the not exactly canon OoT manga, then it's definitely leaning more towards Sheik's gender identity being male, but this is discounted by every other source, including Aonuma himself, they refer to Sheik as female. The fact they are referred to as male in OoT's dialogue just could refer to the disguise itself. After all, just cause a woman decides for her Halloween costume to draw a mustache onto her face and put on a tie and a suit doesn't necessarily make her gender identity male, either.
The mustache comparison doesn't hold because we can't say that Smash Sheik (post Brawl) is still Zelda in disguise. Smash characters aren't really fleshed out characters imo. I guess the official documentation is all one can go with in that point, though.
Pink-haired Link got robbed.
Young Link's variants are a disappointing bore.
Daisy likes England I guess. But not enough to bring Blue Toad along.
He's clearly under her dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.