• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Dude with guns - Yeah, super interesting.

Various fantasy races with access to every kind of melee weapon, magic and the insane abilities of shouts - No, this is boring.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
If I can't have my dark elf running around in the jester outfit she jacked from Cicero, what's the point?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
If it's not a vampire Argonian stealth/archer with an affinity for poisons then it's not my Dragonborn.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
finally, after 18 years
skyrim_switch_release_date.jpg

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
As someone who has put in way too much time in Skyrim, there are three types of character builds:

1. Stealth Archer
2. Eldritch Mage
3. Boring

I think if Dovahkiin got added, he/she would play like a mixture of Link and Robin, which sounds like a super fun character to me personally.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has put in way too much time in Skyrim, there are three types of character builds:

1. Stealth Archer
2. Eldritch Mage
3. Boring

I think if Dovahkiin got added, he/she would play like a mixture of Link and Robin, which sounds like a super fun character to me personally.
"When designing Dovahkiin, we tried to stay as true to the source material as possible. Because of this, all of their melee attacks feel weightless and terrible use."

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Skyrim can recover especially well on stages like the Brawl Yoshi's Island. He can just repeatedly jump up the vertical surface until he's at the ledge.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Shouts are super cool, because they're chargeable and have a shit load of unique uses. That's not even including various weapons and magic. Sakurai would create an amazing character with all there is to work with.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I think Doom Slayer being a projectile heavy rush down character would be very interesting imo, which is how I'd assume they'd play based on Doom 2016

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
"When Dovahkiin is hit with a Smash attack, they fly extra far and have extra difficulty recovering. This is to better match the behavior of being swatted into the stratosphere by a frost giant and cartwheeling over Skyrim."

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Dude with guns - Yeah, super interesting.

Various fantasy races with access to every kind of melee weapon, magic and the insane abilities of shouts - No, this is boring.
If this were psall stars I'd say dude with guns ain't interesting, but in Smash we don't have a character like that yet. Not saying Dragonborn isn't interesting but let's be real.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
it always felt kind of weird to me that we got Skyworld as the first Kid Icarus stage instead of The Underworld because I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people who played Kid Icarus never made it out of The Underworld

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
In the context of Smash, yes. The only other characters that get close to what Doom Slayer are Samus and Mega Man, and those two are very aesthetically different.
I didn't mean to imply he isn't interesting, he'd be dope and I'd like him more than a ES rep, even though I'm a huge TES fan. I just think it's a bit disingenuous to say he's any more unique when it comes to a potential Smash moveset than Dovhakin, or that Dovhakin is a boring addition in comparison.
If this were psall stars I'd say dude with guns ain't interesting, but in Smash we don't have a character like that yet. Not saying Dragonborn isn't interesting but let's be real.
But we do have multiple very different projectile based characters, so it isn't like it's a totally unrepresented archetype.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Bayonetta literally has guns in her hands and on her feet and she's not a dude. Problem solved.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Not a single level in Doom 2016 is actually called Hell. Only one mission even mentions the world Hell and it's back on Mars lol
It would be fine.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
give us Skyrim, Doomslayer, and Artorias. Hell, even throw Geno Dante and Seth from Street Fighter IV in there for good measure.

I would say Crash but sadly he's unlikely for obvious reasons

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can't even attempt to separate the art from the artist with Jeremy Soule, because he weaved his abuse and satisfaction with it into his music. What we thought to be blissful soundscapes were actually sadistic trophies of his victims all along.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
You can't even attempt to separate the art from the artist with Jeremy Soule, because he weaved his abuse and satisfaction with it into his music. What we thought to be blissful soundscapes were actually sadistic trophies of his victims all along.
Yeah, it's the fucking worst. The Morrowind theme is like top 5 for me and it's fucking ruined. I can't listen to it at all anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.