• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
"nearly all of it would be female" is a heck of a stretch but we'd definitely have a better chance of seeing some female characters in an all first party pass

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't play Terry to save my life. I keep screwing up his inputs or getting specials when I want to do normals.

Nov 26, 2017
welp
unknown.png

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
People are still, after how many threads, entertaining the thoughts and words of Sabi? It's like going back to an abused relationship constantly.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Not surprising. Sabi's recent tweets seemed to be implying we'll know the next character at the VGAs. We'll have closure soon enough.
Sabi has probably read a different leak once again somewhere (on 4chan or similar).
But no, Sabi's tweets don't imply shit, as usual.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
This kinda just adds to everything going against the leak at this point. Though I'd love for it to be right so that we can nail Sabi's coffin. Also, I want Doomguy.

Watch this be a Smash 4 Palutena leak where the leak is wrong but Doomguy and Geno get in anyways.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This kinda just adds to everything going against the leak at this point. Though I'd love for it to be right so that we can nail Sabi's coffin. Also, I want Doomguy.

Watch this be a Smash 4 Palutena leak where the leak is wrong but Doomguy and Geno get in anyways.
Sabi is not saying Doomguy or Geno is not getting in but the Mallow and Cacodemon leak is false.

For all we know there could be Mallow and Cacodemon hats but if they have a different execution than the leak ones then the leak was fake. Like how someone made a Palutena leak for Smash 4 that was fake even though Palutena was an actual character for the game.

Nov 26, 2017
Sabi's whole shtick is saying nothing while sounding like she's informed. "The Mii leak is most likely fake, but I need clarification to be 100%" is a perfect example. She leaves herself open to be right either way with a statement like that.
could you give some examples? Not saying i don't believe you id just like to know

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish Sakurai had used the Forward and Back B ideas before. It would be a good way to reincorporate some of the cast's lost moves (Sheik's chain, Charizard's Rock Smash).

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really wish Sakurai had used the Forward and Back B ideas before. It would be a good way to reincorporate some of the cast's lost moves (Sheik's chain, Charizard's Rock Smash).
That would only work if the entire cast had auto turnaround. Then again maybe that might not be too much of a bad thing considering a large reason why it's annoying is because only Shotos and Ken have it and are immune to cross ups.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
if Sakurai cared about Sheik's chain at all he wouldn't have banished it to the abyss in the first place

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Remember when Sabi claimed Nintendo had sent her a C&D and said she was never going to talk about Nintendo stuff again, only to keep talking about Nintendo stuff?
Didn't we just say that cause she couldn't find out what new Games Nintendo were showing at E3?

In the end. Nintendo really didn't announce any new games but BOTW 2 (I might be forgetting E3 2019). And that was a surprise to even journalists.

Last edited:

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone interested in Terry competitively should check this Twitter thread out. Has some interesting insight on Terry's Bnbs

Fuck me the Twitter link didn't work at first

Last edited:

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Anyone interested in Terry competitively should check this Twitter thread out. Has some interesting insight on Terry's Bnbs

Your link isn't showing up unless your quoted for some reason.

But, that DTilt > Jab true comboing into Burn Knuckle/Buster Wolf is a great find. Especially since I keep accidentally doing Burn Knuckle instead of Power Dunk, haha.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've realized I need to focus on rushdown characters. I think my best bet when it comes to playing is to throw my weight around, so I should focus on characters like that.

So far it's just Wolf I've been playing that fits that criteria. Other than the baby basic Fire Emblem gang, what characters are that?

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I've realized I need to focus on rushdown characters. I think my best bet when it comes to playing is to throw my weight around, so I should focus on characters like that.

So far it's just Wolf I've been playing that fits that criteria. Other than the baby basic Fire Emblem gang, what characters are that?

C. Falcon is pretty much the living embodiment of rush down and he's probably going to get some buffs/fixes sooner rather than later. I think he'll be the "winner" of the next balance patch similar to how Puff is the "winner" of this one.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
it's tough to go back to Ryu and Ken after playing around with Terry

his Fun Levels are much higher

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
C. Falcon is pretty much the living embodiment of rush down and he's probably going to get some buffs/fixes sooner rather than later. I think he'll be the "winner" of the next balance patch similar to how Puff is the "winner" of this one.

I'll keep that in mind. I've always neglected Falcon.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you buy a character the Figther Pass don't get cheaper right? Right now I only want to play as Terry, but I know I will want to get Joker, The Hero and if it happen, the Doom Slayer lol

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.