• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Persona has a costume based on the other Sega character in Smash and got in.

iDOLM@STER has a costume based on the other Bamco character in Smash……

020l.jpg

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How are you supposed to KO with Terry? I find myself racking up really high percentages and only killing with Power Geyser and Buster Wolf.
KOing with him is easy. Burn Knuckle and Power Dunk can both be confirmed into with normals (the former with Dtilt and the latter with jab). Even OoS NAir can be Burn Knuckled into if you buffer a double jump.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How are you supposed to KO with Terry? I find myself racking up really high percentages and only killing with Power Geyser and Buster Wolf.
Jab Jab Power Dunk is a good way to secure stocks at 120. If you're on a plat you can change it to Rising Tackle to get cheeky kills at 100. Also off of D Tilt you can start getting Burning Knuckle at around 100

Also don't be afraid to throw out a D Smash. That move is fast as hell and has like no end lag. Generally with all of those you can get the stock out at the 130 range and you still have Bair, and Dash Attack to throw out.

Aug 12, 2019
Also, I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but holy shit was Geese easy to beat with Terry. Like, I didn't throw him off the roof or anything, I just went in first try and barely even got hit until he got off a Final Smash, by which point I had mine and just ended the fight with Terry's. After the other Legend spirits from DLC giving me so much trouble, this one... just didn't.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Also, I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but holy shit was Geese easy to beat with Terry. Like, I didn't throw him off the roof or anything, I just went in first try and barely even got hit until he got off a Final Smash, by which point I had mine and just ended the fight with Terry's. After the other Legend spirits from DLC giving me so much trouble, this one... just didn't.

Lol, pretty much every spirit is easy for me when I cheese it with giant Ganondorf.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I think the only one of Terry's spirit fights that gave me any trouble was the Athena one, and it was due more to the stage than the fight itself

Mushroomy Kingdom can be a real chore

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Charged Rising Tackle should be a kill move tbh
Agreed. I had more trouble with the Tockles fight

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
The Tockle fight was weird. I kept losing, and then suddenly beat it in like 10 seconds. Bizarre.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Hey! One of the GameXplain guys was arguing exactly that!

You're right Andre. You weren't the out of touch old geezer in the room for once.

Ninja Gaiden (Black) and Ninja Gaiden 2 (Xbox 360) are beloved action games. Many think they were the among the best games on their respective consoles. Plus modern Ryu appears in the Dead or Alive series. There's Dragon Sword on DS. There's the Sigma versions. Modern Ryu has a lot of exposure. Compared to NES Ninja Gaiden, which while a classics, is definitely far behind the likes of Castlevania and Mega Man in terms of popularity and remembrance. I think most games would be even surprised to learn that the series originally started on NES and not the Xbox.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
At the end of Joker's direct, Atlus is credited separately from Sega.

Compared to Banjo, where it's Microsoft credited with no mention of Rare.

And Platinum Games not being credited at all for Bayonetta.

They obviously still consider Atlus its own thing.
But had Joker been included before Sonic or Bayonetta, both Sega & Atlus would have been simultaneously added to the copyrights. If you look at any Persona or SMT copyright section, Sega & Atlus are mentioned together. Even the Sonic Mii Costumes came out alongside Joker.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I know I hadn't seen anyone suggesting it

Multiple invisible enemies with items is much harder to deal with than a grabby Mii

I guess Ganondorf with long reach made it easier with one hit kill ability.

I see we're back to listening to Sabi again.

Never change, Smash Era.

Tallying the information and listening (or completely believe in) to Sabi are two completely different things.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
If 5th character isn't Namco-Bandai then I'm convinced that it's a decent evidence that they already planned to have more than 5 characters ever since last year or/and early 2019.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
If 5th character isn't Namco-Bandai then I'm convinced that it's a decent evidence that they already planned to have more than 5 characters ever since last year or/and early 2019.

I don't see that as evidence. There's no rule saying that Namco must be a new fighter at some point. I'm sure Namco would prefer is they had more fighters but it's Nintendo's decision and it's not like Namco has much leverage on persuading their decisions. Because at the end of the day, Namco gets money from the DLC and that's what ultimately matters.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Tell me friends, does he have a chance?

D9crxmyXYAAjo5G.jpg
As a Capcom rep, it's pretty unlikely. They're the company with by far the most huge franchises that are missing — Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, Ace Attorney...

However I could definitely see Joe as a Mii costume packaged with the Capcom rep. He's the exact right proportions and they like doing those deeper cuts for Mii characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.