• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
V6LP5f1.png

Since we are jumping from a thread to another thread to discuss about potential DLC so I presume that it's a time for us to trying to get us a home where we could discuss about future contents.

Currently Piranha Plant, Joker, Hero and Banjo-Kazooie are out for us to purchase so we are still waiting to find out one more characters that would take their places in Fighter Pass. Our next hype stop would be more likely to be at Nintendo Direct so it's quite exciting for us to find out who would be fifth character and sixth character if we are lucky. Also there is a detail that specifically confirmed that we are getting more Mii Costumes as part of their DLC plans. Our previous question was; Are we going to get more contents than we are expecting? Beyond Mii Costumes and Fighters Pass? Yes, we did. We got Stage Builder and Share Function (where we would download stages, mii fighters, etc online.) Some fans are still hopeful that we would get more mode(s) in the future updates.

zF5thF0.png

QYIlDAD.png

It's a season pass for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which will contains all five planned DLC packs. Those DLC packs each come with a fighter, a new stage and additional music tracks. You could save 5 dollars overall by purchasing the Fighter Pass, which costs $24.99 USD. However, if you aren't comfortable paying upfront, especially without knowing the details of the DLC contents, then each pack individually can be bought for $5.99. As an additional bonus, if you get the Fighter Pass then you will obtain a free Xenoblade 2's Rex Mii Costume.

m2ilQHE.png

9839VKD.png

4SQf3TE.png

WfK0Mil.gif

CONFIRMED

Terry finally make his appearance in Smash Bros as Number 74. The stage is obviously based on King of Fighters stage and their release date is more likely to be on this Wednesday. Also it's confirmed that we are getting more downloadable characters outside of Fighter Pass so we don't know how long this hype train would lasts this time. More information is coming soon as well.

RUMORS

There is no reliable information for upcoming characters so it's quite exciting that we are in dark for time beings.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Reposting for new thread

So going back to the Mii Costume leak. Nintendo has taken down the Sword and Shield leaks so they are still being active about taking them down and the reason it took so long was because there was so much. So that makes the question of why they haven't tried to take down two Youtube videos that make it clear they are Smash leaks more valid

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
So going back to the Mii Costume leak. Nintendo has taken down the Sword and Shield leaks so they are still being active about taking them down and the reason it took so long was because there was so much. So that makes the question of why they haven't tried to take down two Youtube videos that make it clear they are Smash leaks more valid

This is interesting. It's possible it's simply taken them this long to get around to it, but it's not like it's hard to get a YouTube video pulled. More than that, though, if this leak ends up being false, it casts even more suspicion onto that Premium Costumes leak, since it corroborated the other one.

... Which is for the best, I guess, as I don't think anyone wants that one to be true. But it does leave us with pretty much no breadcrumbs now.

Junpei confirmed?!

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Reposting for new thread

One is unquestionably a leak of real information, the other is an unconfirmed rumor. If they take down the Smash content, they're essentially commenting on speculation, which is not a precedent you want to set as a company.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
One is unquestionably a leak of real information, the other is an unconfirmed rumor. If they take down the Smash content, they're essentially commenting on speculation, which is not a precedent you want to set as a company.
They did it for ESRB and this video is clearly calling itself a leak. If nothing else the fact no action has been done on it is not promising for the validity of this leak

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
something something hamtaro in smash something something

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
First page post hoping for KOS-MOS, Ryu Hayabusa and Travis Touchdown for DLC. Ray 01, Isa Amamiya and somebody from Golden Sun for nintendo characters as DLC.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Special first page reminder that Master Chief is happening.

1zTfdhE.jpg

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Reposting for new thread

It's solidifying my feelings that those videos are fakes.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I find it very interesting that in the preview image for the Terry broadcast, Sakurai is once again wearing his trademark floral print silk shirts, which have been largely (entirely?) missing in action for the entire Smash cycle of Ultimate so far, with Sakurai having worn all black. Previously, I had interpreted the all-black attire as Sakurai's ascended form, the SSGS form of Sakurai, if you would... but does him reverting back to floral print shirts mean that he has transcended time and space, returning to his former self, only immeasurably more powerful? Furthermore, may we yet see a return to the leopard print shirts?

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I find it very interesting that in the preview image for the Terry broadcast, Sakurai is once again wearing his trademark floral print silk shirts, which have been largely (entirely?) missing in action for the entire Smash cycle of Ultimate so far, with Sakurai having worn all black. Previously, I had interpreted the all-black attire as Sakurai's ascended form, the SSGS form of Sakurai, if you would... but does him reverting back to floral print shirts mean that he has transcended time and space, returning to his former self, only immeasurably more powerful? Furthermore, may we yet see a return to the leopard print shirts?
it means we're getting a Hyo Amano mii costume
tumblr_o9y0hbnjgs1udh28kkg.gif

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Reposting for new thread

Yeah, there's no reason Nintendo wouldn't take those videos down if they were legitimate.

Feb 21, 2018
Tripping confirmed for 6.0!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Wonder why they would bother live-streaming it if they don't have any fighter reveal. Banjo & Kazooie was always planned to be attached to the September Nintendo Direct (because Sakurai mentions it within the Terry and future DLC section of the overview), but Joker and Hero were just regular YouTube uploads.

It's weird.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder why they would bother live-streaming it if they don't have any fighter reveal. Banjo & Kazooie was always planned to be attached to the September Nintendo Direct (because Sakurai mentions it within the Terry and future DLC section of the overview), but Joker and Hero were just regular YouTube uploads.

It's weird.
It also sucks because they had a great thing going where after a character is released they announced a new one to hype over. Especially since it could continue into Post FP characters

Though assuming DLC 5 is at TGA I suppose this gap would only last for a month but still

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Can someone tell me in how many hours exactly is the presentation coming? Not good with time zones at all.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just realized something. If the video uploaded on the Smash channel was just Terry's trailer then this would be the first time Sakurai would be introducing a trailer then breaks down the character.

Joker was in that video presentation and Hero and Banjo already had their videos out

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I just realized something. If the video uploaded on the Smash channel was just Terry's trailer then this would be the first time Sakurai would be introducing a trailer then breaks down the character.

Joker was in that video presentation and Hero and Banjo already had their videos out
Well, first time for Ultimate at least. It happened with Ryu, Corrin and Bayonetta in Smash 4.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Y'know is it too much to hope that the twist is that Terry is actually Team SNK and the rereveal involves actually giving the invite to Kyo and Nakoruru to join the fight?

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Y'know is it too much to hope that the twist is that Terry is actually Team SNK and the rereveal involves actually giving the invite to Kyo and Nakoruru to join the fight?
Yes. They'd say (and show) right away if that was the case.. and the suggestion doesn't even make sense because KOF nor Fatal Fury is about tag, but turns..

And even if was a Team, would be Joe and Andy with Terry in the lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.