• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Evidently someone in the SB Geno thread is claiming that the reason Sabi's source thinks the costumes are likely fake is because it doesn't match up with who character 5 is

shrug

I sleep, back to Terry

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Terry is definitely a lot more fun and kinetic than Ryu/Ken. His moves just feel good to land and his movement is nice and fluid.

I have the least attachment and interest in FF/KOF compared to the other DLC franchises, but he's definitely one of the more fun characters to play as. I probably enjoy his playstyle more than Joker, a character from a game I'm actually a fan of.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
It's so awesome to see Terry being so well-received by most of the community. Sakurai really succeeded in conveying why he loves SNK so much.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Before Terry, I definitely didn't believe Ultimate was going to pass 1000 music tracks; we were still 94 away, and even with more post-pass fighters, I didn't think we would get there.

But now we're at 956 tracks, so sure Sakurai, get to 1000!

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's so awesome to see Terry being so well-received by most of the community. Sakurai really succeeded in conveying why he loves SNK so much.
Yep, the reception of him post-release versus the initial reveal has been great. Nice to see SNK get the exposure they deserve as well. Too many have slept on the company.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Terry has definitely gone up in stock in the last few days and that's pretty amazing.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Terry doesn't really mean anything to me and I can't get a grip on his playstyle, but he's a pretty darn well represented character. SNK got the red carpet treatment

Evidently someone in the SB Geno thread is claiming that the reason Sabi's source thinks the costumes are likely fake is because it doesn't match up with who character 5 is

shrug

I sleep, back to Terry

Sabi's "source" is supposed to be a brand ambassador or writes books or something aren't they?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Seems Sabi is saying multiple things. I do believe the miis are fake but game awards reveal? Ehhhh nah. I see Metroid Prime 4 as the main focus there.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Fighting some CPUs on random with Terry:

-First character that comes up is Banjo
-Then K. Rool on Kongo Jungle with Crocodile Cacophony playing

What is the game trying to tell me?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fighting some CPUs on random with Terry:

-First character that comes up is Banjo
-Then K. Rool on Kongo Jungle with Crocodile Cacophony playing

What is the game trying to tell me?

You abandoned your children.

Seems Sabi is saying multiple things. I do believe the miis are fake but game awards reveal? Ehhhh nah. I see Metroid Prime 4 as the main focus there.

According to Discord, if anyone actually cares.

- Sabi's source most likely knows who fighter 5 is and is sitting on it in order to protect the identities and jobs of those involved in leaking that information.

- Sabi's source said that the mii costume leak is most likely fake due to their not having seen or heard of the cacodemon and mallow costumes before. Sabi is currently seeking clarification on this comment.

- Sabi did not anywhere imply or soft confirm doomslayer, just simply stated that doomslayer's chances are not affected by this leak being fake.

unknown.png

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Prime 4 has probably been in development for what, a year? They're not gonna show it there.

Smash doesn't have to be the "focus." It's just a two minute character trailer. If the character is out in January, it would not make sense to show the character at any other venue if they can.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Terry will almost definitely benefit from the fabled Smash Boost more than any other character

so many I've Never Heard Of This Guy But I'm Gonna Check His Games Out posts these days

it helps that Neo Geo games are super easy to check out

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Terry will almost definitely benefit from the fabled Smash Boost more than any other character

so many I've Never Heard Of This Guy But I'm Gonna Check His Games Out posts these days

it helps that Neo Geo games are super easy to check out

It almost makes me want to get over my crippling fear of fighting games and download Garou.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bought Fatal Fury Special but couldn't beat the first guy on the lowest difficulty so now I hate Terry.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Geese Howard should have been a DLC boss and be just as hard as he was in Fatal Fury.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I tend to get bored with traditional fighting games unless they feature IPs/characters I'm already a fan of (Marvel Vs. Capcom, FighterZ, etc.). I get frustrated too easily. I might check out an SNK game on the eShop, though.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
So many Smash fans about to learn what SNK Boss Syndrome is. I welcome the salt.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are any of the Fatal Fury games any good because that plane shifting thing sounds super annoying.

The only KoF I kind of want to play is 98 but that one's not on sale.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Yep, the reception of him post-release versus the initial reveal has been great. Nice to see SNK get the exposure they deserve as well. Too many have slept on the company.
This, along with KoF and Samsho doing well, makes me thing they're about to enter a new golden era for them. I think KoFXV is going to be a big step up from XIV.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought Fatal Fury Special but couldn't beat the first guy on the lowest difficulty so now I hate Terry.
In old Fatal Fury games, every character is a classic SNK boss!

Are any of the Fatal Fury games any good because that plane shifting thing sounds super annoying.

Real Bout 2 has the best implementation of plane shifting. Garou doesn't have it at all. Garou has more forgiving A.I. compared to the others too, except when you fight Gato or Kain.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I like the Real Bouts but Garou is on another level

it's just too bad the roster is so small. RIP Garou 2.........

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
SNK is def getting the Smash Boost. Especially how a sampling of SNK is basically $10 rn (Terry pack and an Arcade Archive game is $4 rn)

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special is my personal favorite. The combat feels very satisfying and the game is very Express.

Garou is also quality

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
You abandoned your children.

- Sabi's source most likely knows who fighter 5 is and is sitting on it in order to protect the identities and jobs of those involved in leaking that information.

- Sabi's source said that the mii costume leak is most likely fake due to their not having seen or heard of the cacodemon and mallow costumes before. Sabi is currently seeking clarification on this comment.

- Sabi did not anywhere imply or soft confirm doomslayer, just simply stated that doomslayer's chances are not affected by this leak being fake.

unknown.png

Okay so...... I think i'm just going to continue ignoring her and keep my own predictions.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

unknown.png
Maxwell confirmed then.

Status
Not open for further replies.