• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Sometimes shadow drops don't work out y'all. We'll have to see the legs on Stretchers but the trailer didn't do a lot for me.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I still can't get over how vastly inferior the Stormy Saxophone 2 remix is compared to the original.

I'll even call the remix itself mediocre to just bad. It just doesn't work.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With the new update, has the online battles been improve with the new improvements made to the Battle Arena?
Not really, the new options are nice but are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things and aren't quite the kind of stuff you would really want. It's kind of baffling to me that they didn't incorporate the new invite friend feature the Switch has, though maybe it wasn't available in time

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We need DLC Music Packs. This Is True Love We're Makin' not being in this game is just wrong, lol.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man it would be really funny if despite all odds, Travis somehow ends up being character 5. That would be two back-to-back fighters that have names beginning with a T (as well as having R's), on top of using a star as their series icon.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
What's the general thought on how many more characters we'll get after the last Fighter's Pass character?

2? 3? Another full Fighter's Pass?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
What's the general thought on how many more characters we'll get after the last Fighter's Pass character?

Hard to say. I'd guess 4-5. They wouldn't announce it as early as September if it was only 2, I don't think.

Probably enough for at least one more year of support.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Man it would be really funny if despite all odds, Travis somehow ends up being character 5. That would be two back-to-back fighters that have names beginning with a T (as well as having R's), on top of using a star as their series icon.
Honestly, I see no reason why Travis couldn't be the fifth fighter. This idea, that I've commonly seen in this thread, that the audience of TGA (if we're assuming that's when fighter 5 is revealed) have about as much VG knowledge as my mother, that they'd barely recognise any character not called Super Mario, is rather daft. It's a gaming show, one would expect the audience to have some VG knowledge that they can broadly recognise most main characters.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Having only played the mobile game and read wiki articles and watched videos in regards to SNK, I already hate Chang and Choi, lol.

1wviZ7R.gif

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

I really hope that we would get 5 characters in Wave 2; regardless of Fighter Pass #2 or not. Also I hope that Sakurai would able to fill out all slots in WoL and Attack Param (which had 16 slots) so that meant 10 more characters after 5th Fighter Pass 1 character and it's enough to split into Fighter Pass 2 and Fighter Pass 3.

Fighter Pass 2 (or Wave 2) need to sold very well at the point that it's enough to support Fighter Pass 3 (or Wave 3).

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is that really the consensus? I would be incredibly surprised if we get more than 3 characters

A number of people seem to act like we're going to get another fighters pass (or at least the same number of characters as the fighters pass). But we'll definitely need confirmation first. (A shame Nintendo seems to be waiting to give us these details.)

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Freddy isn't a three-foot-tall goof at the absolute mercy of a justice-seeking Taekwondo master.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Alright, poll time.

How Many Characters Do You Think We'll Get Beyond The Fighters Pass?

2-3
4-5
6-7
8-9
More!

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Benimaru is pretty much a Jean Pierre Polnareff crib.
K9999 is unashamedly Tetsuo from Akira.

So having a fighter influenced by Freddy isn't really out of the ordinary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.