• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Still looking forward to Hornet's announcement. The Game Awards would be a great spot for a Silksong release date announcement and a Smash reveal for Hornet.

There's only room for one hornet around these parts.

pKyFKTw.jpg

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Having the magic meter recharge by dealing damage is a cool mechanic, but to truly make it an earnest representation of Hollow Knight you would have to kill your shade after respawning to get the full meter back or something.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Okay so..... insiders AREN'T ALLOWED to say who fighter #5 is full stop. It might not even leak until 2 days before expected reveal. This is going to be a longer ride then I expected. I saw this being discussed on smashboards.

What's the point of being a leaker if you don't risk someone's career or your own to do so? Leakers are a bunch of candy asses in 2019 smh

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
As we all know, I, MondoMega, am one of the most trusted and reliable rumor sources in the industry; so you should be able to trust me when I say that Challenger Pack 5 will in fact feature a fighter, a stage and multiple music tracks, in addition to a DLC Spirit Board and a new Classic Mode route.

Surprising, I know, but save your surprise for The Game Awards in December; i'm so excited for all these exciting announcements that will be sure to excite you!

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
As we all know, I, MondoMega, am one of the most trusted and reliable rumor sources in the industry; so you should be able to trust me when I say that Challenger Pack 5 will in fact feature a fighter, a stage and multiple music tracks, in addition to a DLC Spirit Board and a new Classic Mode route.

Surprising, I know, but save your surprise for The Game Awards in December; i'm so excited for all these exciting announcements that will be sure to excite you!

giphy.gif

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

I can say that I am already excite!

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Sabi's got a biggish following outside of SmashEra.

I see a lot more people trust her then not. Tho she obviously wants to get noticed and all she has to do is actually say who the character is and people will always listen to her lol.

Then again. That would mean actually knowing Smash DLC info

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On Discord one of the defenses I got for why we should still listen to Sabi is that they got a C&D.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Sabi's got a biggish following outside of SmashEra.

I see a lot more people trust her then not. Tho she obviously wants to get noticed and all she has to do is actually say who the character is and people will always listen to her lol.

Then again. That would mean actually knowing Smash DLC info

Leaking all that stuff during E3 gave her a lot of credibility in a lot of people's eyes. And since most are not following Smash news as closely as people in this thread, they aren't up to date with the nonsense post E3.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Since the office is such a big show there is a good chance sakurai has watched it

Ofcourse sadly there is no chance sakurai watched the master piece that is chowder

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Still looking forward to Hornet's announcement. The Game Awards would be a great spot for a Silksong release date announcement and a Smash reveal for Hornet.
No I'm not ready for Silksong.

I vowed to beat Godmaster before Silksong and I'll need to ask Professor Cherry for an extension on that assignment.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
It's not Namco or Tecmo. It's not Activision. It's not Microsoft. Since Sakurai is interested in adding new worlds for Smash Bros, no doubt that the last Fighter Pass character will be from acclaimed company LJN. But which character will he pick? I can't wait for the 2 hour presentation as Sakurai explains to the kids LJN's contributions to gaming.

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I think KOS-MOS could happen, and maybe even number 5, but that relies completely on the idea that fighter 5 won't be revealed at the VGAs. I can't imagine that they'd reveal her there if she really was in.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I really want Hayabusa to be next; not because I want him over other potential options, but so we can see certain insiders squirm to justify it.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get why people have weird rules about what can and cannot show up at the Game Awards. It's not like it was in the Spike days. The majority of people watching are just videogame nerds like the rest of us. There is no indication that a certain character wouldn't be shown at the VGAs because of the audience but even if a character isn't a hit with everyone, who cares? The Nintendo audience is watching so they'll be excited plus you have an expanded audience who might or might not be interested in Smash. The alternative is just showing them off in a Nintendo Direct which is only being shown to Nintendo fans. So harm would it do to show off a character, no matter who it was, at the Game Awards?

Aug 12, 2019
Hey, no problem. Sometimes wires just get crossed in here. And I understand where you're coming from.

I guess from my perspective, I could see Nintendo giving Xenosaga preference or priority simply because it does have a close, direct relation with their own Xenoblade franchise and of course Monolith being an ex-Bandai Namco studio.

Sorry for the super late reply from ages ago, but yeah, I could have phrased some things better in regards to my posts. I have no doubt Monolith Soft would love to have KOS-MOS in Smash and would absolutely gun for her at every opportunity (to the point where I wonder if they'd actually push for her over a potential Elma or Rex/Pyra given how much they seem to love her). I feel like they would have to be the ones to really initiate that idea and push Sakurai, Bandai-Namco, and Nintendo to make it happen in Smash.

Also, as an unrelated aside, man does it bother me when fellow Geno fans have to rag on literally every other Square Enix character to try and make him look better. I've had way too many arguments about them over the past little while and now I'm once again having to defend 2B quite a bit as people try to go, "I didn't even know her until Smash speculation" and "She comes from a niche game" from people who just have no self-awareness. Nier Automata sold better than Super Mario RPG for crying out loud and was kind of a big deal in 2017!

I love Geno and I would be happy to see him, but I also love a lot of Square Enix characters and would never see much of an issue of them being picked over Geno, but man do my fellow fans drive me up the wall. Literally all they're talking about now is the Mii costume thing too... and that's just the worst.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
We're going to get Reimu at the game awards, to the shock and confusion of the audience, both live in person and watching online.

Status
Not open for further replies.