• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dante jumps into view but then Doomslayer uses him as a footstool to go higher.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
K. Rool/BK's trailer format, but it's Doom Guy dressed as Dante and Dante never reappears after he takes off the costume and laughs.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Just polished off Dragon Quest 8 -- the past three months were such a treasure that I didn't want it to end! Naturally, I took a break from my KoF Stadium music experimentation to celebrate by playing as Eight.

(Also, I'm no Sugiyama fan, but man, that world map theme's become one of my all-time gaming orchestral great. So soothing!)

DQ11, here I come!!

Smash fans scanning every TGA trailer for "Not actual gameplay footage:"

tenor.gif

Haha, I see I'm not the only one who planned on keeping his eyes peeled.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
The zoom in on Terry during his Final Smash, with his yellow FS eyes, as he says "HERE COMES A BIG ONE" and winds up for a Buster Wolf is the sickest shit.

One of the coolest Final Smashes.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And for those that were claiming modding a Mii hat like this would be impossible, well, this shoots that argument down.
Sure but it's just another piece on the "able to be faithfully recreated in a mod and pretty quickly" table. Whether or not it's real there's nothing in the video that's definitive proof of it being a debug video played by an actual Nintendo employee.

And the discussion's gotten tired, everyone's made clear whether they trust it or not, and unless we get some amazing new piece of evidence nothing's going to change.
As far as everyone was aware, it wasn't possible at the time. Someone proved it's possible a week later. It's possible someone else figured out how to do it and didn't share that knowledge with anyone, and made the leak -- sure. But a video leak like this is basically the best kind of leak we're ever going to get. Maybe it's fake, but it's also very possible it's real. There is basically nothing that can debunk it or confirm it other than a possible creator admitting it's a fake, or the confirmation of it officially. To me that is the best possible "leak" that can be out there. And certainly more valuable than whatever someone looking for attention like Sabi is or isn't vaguely saying.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As far as everyone was aware, it wasn't possible at the time. Someone proved it's possible a week later. It's possible someone else figured out how to do it and didn't share that knowledge with anyone, and made the leak -- sure. But a video leak like this is basically the best kind of leak we're ever going to get. Maybe it's fake, but it's also very possible it's real. There is basically nothing that can debunk it or confirm it other than a possible creator admitting it's a fake, or the confirmation of it officially. To me that is the best possible "leak" that can be out there. And certainly more valuable than whatever someone looking for attention like Sabi is or isn't vaguely saying.

It can be true, for sure, it's just that there's nothing in the video that can't be done by a dedicated modder.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay? This whole chain of conversation came out of you saying "So I think it might finally be dead now"

It's clearly not, as you are admitting. That's all.

I'm saying any belief in the video comes with the caveat that every single minute detail can be replicated in a modding job that takes a week. Like it or not that's a pretty crippling blow to the video's credibility.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying any belief in the video comes with the caveat that every single minute detail can be replicated in a modding job that takes a week. Like it or not that's a pretty crippling blow to the video's credibility.
It's not. It is irrelevant to the video's credibility. It showed us modding something like this is possible (after, at the time, people thought it wasn't). Okay. But that doesn't matter.

It doesn't directly show anything the video leak depicts (ie, the Mallow and/or Cacodemon hats) are fabricated by a fan. Therefore, it does not cripple the leak's "credibility" in any way.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Terry is such an excellent addition to this game. The fact that he ended up representing the entirety of SNK made it more than worth it. And he's super fun to play as.

The new arrangement of Psycho Soldier Theme is incredible too.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
It's really amazing how Zero is consitently broken/top tier in every fighting game he appears in, no matter which form. SVC Chaos, Tatsunoko, Marvel 3 and Marvel Infinite all have Zero at the tippy tops of their tier lists
My favourite thing is Zero being top tier in vanilla Marvel 3 and UMvC3 for different reasons.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
To be fair, you don't have to be an attention-seeking insider to see the writing on the wall for Geno not being in this Fighters Pass.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really amazing how Zero is consitently broken/top tier in every fighting game he appears in, no matter which form. SVC Chaos, Tatsunoko, Marvel 3 and Marvel Infinite all have Zero at the tippy tops of their tier lists
SVC Zero makes for quite the TAS bot in a game that normally has more limited mobility and offensive options than other SNK fighters.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
on the other hand imagine the reaction at the TGAs if the character revealed is some niche Bandai Namco pick like Lloyd or Haruka Amami.

Status
Not open for further replies.