• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah. If they do a special reveal stream in conjunction of fighter 5 reveal, where they also talk about how wave 2 will be distributed, they might announce a Smash Ultimate physical re-release that comes bundled with the first fighter pass.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Karnov would be amazing but that's never happening lol.

Actually, isnt the Karnov licence just up in the air currently? Like anyone can snag that, mybe Sakurai could bring us a Karnov resurrection!

Deleted member 56457

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
For my moba players, who would you like to see in smash? I think lee sin would be really cool and I can def see this as a possibility for fighter pack 2.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
© 2018 Nintendo
Original Game: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc.
Characters: © Nintendo / HAL Laboratory, Inc. / Pokémon. / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. / SHIGESATO ITOI / APE inc. / INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS / Konami Digital Entertainment / SEGA /
CAPCOM CO., LTD. / BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. / MONOLITHSOFT / CAPCOM U.S.A., INC. / SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. / ATLUS / Microsoft / SNK CORPORATION. / FromSoftware, Inc. /
KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. / id Software LLC / Marvelous Inc. / Grasshopper Manufacture Inc. / ARC SYSTEM WORKS / Activision Publishing, Inc. / ZUN / SUNSOFT / Valve Corporation /
Nihon Falcom Corporation. / LEVEL-5 Inc. / Ubisoft Entertainment / Nippon Ichi Software, Inc. / Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd. / Disney

This must be terrible to look at on mobile, lol

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
They really missed their shot putting best starter Sceptile in when the Gen 3 remakes were coming out.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
The fighters pass made 661 million dollars. I won't be surprised if we get 2 more of them.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Until I hear a confirmation that we're getting a second fighters pass, I'm not even expecting 5 - 6 more. After the fifth fighter, I could see there being 1 - 3 more characters sold individually. Some really big names, or promotional characters like a Pokemon.
Smash Bros DLC significantly boosted digital revenue for Nintendo last year.

So much so that they made it a point to mention it at an investors meeting.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My interest in Cinderace outweighs any concern about Pokemon being too overrepped. I also wouldn't mind if it didn't happen either.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine with a new Pokemon if it felt fairly novel, like Zacian/Zamazenta. But I'm done with humanoid ones. Incineroar already felt like a bridge too far for me.

I kind of feel the same way about Fire Emblem, but I think that's just Corrin in particular. I'd be fine with Byleth or any of the house leaders.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be fine with a new Pokemon if it felt fairly novel, like Zacian/Zamazenta. But I'm done with humanoid ones. Incineroar already felt like a bridge too far for me.

I kind of feel the same way about Fire Emblem, but I think that's just Corrin in particular. I'd be fine with Byleth or any of the house leaders.

Despite being the worst Lord in Fire Emblem history Corrin at least came into Smash a unique character.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Despite being the worst Lord in Fire Emblem history Corrin at least came into Smash a unique character.

Cold comfort for me, since I don't really enjoy playing as them regardless.

You know, despite being a Fire Emblem fan I don't really like playing as any of the characters in Smash. Roy is the closest, I guess. I tried to get into Robin but they're just too sluggish.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly can't see any of the non-starters this gen as a Smash character. There are a lot of good designs, but they don't look like "main eventers," if that makes sense. There's no obvious Lucario-style mascot I could see Sakurai gravitating towards.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I honestly can't see any of the non-starters this gen as a Smash character. There are a lot of good designs, but they don't look like "main eventers," if that makes sense. There's no obvious Lucario-style mascot I could see Sakurai gravitating towards.
Obviously not, but there's a few designs that would be amazing in Smash (but will never get in)

We need more Jigglypuff and Lucario style Pokemon. Just regular Pokemon that people love and make for cool Smash characters that aren't Grass/Water/Fire

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Would pepole be upset if we got a Sword and Shield Pokemon as DLC? Just curious
I'd be happy if we got Galar Stunfisk <--- that's a Pokémon spoiler
I'd be upset if it's not them.

Want nothing to do with Pokemon now. Need suggestions for smug cartoon animal character expressions though.
D6OG85u.png

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
true it would be weird, I enjoy both games. I mentioned a league character cause from my experience, a lot of people in the ultimate scene play LoL and vice versa. Invoker would also be cool

Invoker would be the most complex character by a long shot and thats fine

I'd be happy if we got Galar Stunfisk <--- that's a Pokémon spoiler
I'd be upset if it's not them.

D6OG85u.png

I don't know what that is but I want it to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.