• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
To give a rough estimate for what I'm gonna do going forward, here's the current slate for "An Argument in Favor of... in the I immediate future.
  • Coming Next
    1. Twintelle
    2. Lara Croft
    3. Octoling
  • Under Consideration
    • Ring Fit Adventurer
    • Morrigan
    • 2B
    • Dixie Kong
    • Edelgard
    • Monster Hunter
    • Elma
If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Though the character has to be primarily female (Example: Byleth & Officer Howard would most likely be male by default, so they're out of the running), so no Dante or Heihachi. Anyway, let me know who you want me to consider & why. Hell, at this point, I may end up doing another vote after the aforementioned three ladies are finished.
Chun Li?

Actually, can you give me a refresher of what you're doing? I hope that doesn't sound rude or like an insult, I genuinely have a bad memory and can't quite remember.

Last edited:

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
I thought that was the danganrompa guy
Yknow with the fingers in their you-know-what?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
To give a rough estimate for what I'm gonna do going forward, here's the current slate for "An Argument in Favor of... in the I immediate future.
  • Coming Next
    1. Twintelle
    2. Lara Croft
    3. Octoling
  • Under Consideration
    • Ring Fit Adventurer
    • Morrigan
    • 2B
    • Dixie Kong
    • Edelgard
    • Monster Hunter
    • Elma
If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Though the character has to be primarily female (Example: Byleth & Officer Howard would most likely be male by default, so they're out of the running), so no Dante or Heihachi. Anyway, let me know who you want me to consider & why. Hell, at this point, I may end up doing another vote after the aforementioned three ladies are finished.

Alis Landale, star of the original Phantasy Star.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
If you had one indie character pick that wasn't one of the "big" or "popular" choices (Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, Undertale, etc.) and something more niche, who would you go with?
Personally, I'd go with Lea from CrossCode. It'd never happen but it'd be really cool seeing her in a 3D environment. And the music....

lambdaupsilon

Apr 17, 2018
If you had one indie character pick that wasn't one of the "big" or "popular" choices (Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight, Undertale, etc.) and something more niche, who would you go with?
Personally, I'd go with Lea from CrossCode. It'd never happen but it'd be really cool seeing her in a 3D environment. And the music....

blease
the battle theme with That One Character in chapter 9 is a GOAT

el jacko

Dec 12, 2017
  • Coming Next
    1. Twintelle
    2. Lara Croft
    3. Octoling
  • Under Consideration
    • Ring Fit Adventurer
    • Morrigan
    • 2B
    • Dixie Kong
    • Edelgard
    • Monster Hunter
    • Elma
I'd second the Alis Landale from Phantasy Star, and also add Blaze from Streets of Rage. Been on my mind since talking about the game last week.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017

The dude from Axiom Verge.
Ma77Pjj.png

Like okay so I had to look up what his name even was (it's Trace--I've long excised the plot from my memory) and he's a complete nothing character, but Axiom Verge is a super well made game that has a ton of fun abilities that would be great to translate to Smash and a kick ass soundtrack.

Mochino

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017

Whoa. That music is amazing! Do we have any idea when the switch release is yet?

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018

I'll co-sign this, totally nothing to do with how I contributed some art assets to the game or anything 😎
It's just an awesome game. The composer is soooo good too, worked with him before on some little game jams.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
  • Coming Next
    1. Twintelle
    2. Lara Croft
    3. Octoling
  • Under Consideration
    • Ring Fit Adventurer
    • Morrigan
    • 2B
    • Dixie Kong
    • Edelgard
    • Monster Hunter
    • Elma

Chell.

She would give us a Valve/PC icon. And I'd argue it would cement her place as the face character of Valve over Gordon Freeman (which is another reason I'm rooting for Jill over the other RE characters). ... And then you know, we'd have Nintendo vs Sony Associated vs Microsoft owned vs PC/Valve character in Smash.

It would be hard to give a move set for her. I concede this. But if you can think of something, make a post for her.

MexM

One Winged Slayer
Nov 10, 2017
  • Coming Next
    1. Twintelle
    2. Lara Croft
    3. Octoling
  • Under Consideration
    • Ring Fit Adventurer
    • Morrigan
    • 2B
    • Dixie Kong
    • Edelgard
    • Monster Hunter
    • Elma
Lora from XC2 Torna having Jin and Haze as her Blades. Female protagonist, doesn't use a sword herself, unique potential with the Blade system, can represent XC2 overall, brings amazing new music, can bring a new set of Spirits, etc.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017

When the hell is this game releasing on Switch? It's been 84 years!

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
Ma77Pjj.png

Like okay so I had to look up what his name even was (it's Trace--I've long excised the plot from my memory) and he's a complete nothing character, but Axiom Verge is a super well made game that has a ton of fun abilities that would be great to translate to Smash and a kick ass soundtrack.
There's no way it would happen, but Trace would be a cool addition! On top of the awesome abilities, like you mentioned, it'd be fun seeing that little sprite fully realized... heck, they even have that close-up pixel art of his face to use!

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I really didn't expect this, but I think Terry is becoming my main. I didn't really have a solid main before (I just kind of cycled between a handful of characters I like), but now I keep on coming back to Terry. Sure, it's been less than two weeks since release so it's too early to judge for sure, but I certainly didn't feel this way toward the previous DLC characters.

Not bad for a character I had never heard of before prior to his announcement trailer. Yes, I'm ashamed about that. I've seen the light of SNK.

Mar 9, 2018
Chell.

She would give us a Valve/PC icon. And I'd argue it would cement her place as the face character of Valve over Gordon Freeman (which is another reason I'm rooting for Jill over the other RE characters). ... And then you know, we'd have Nintendo vs Sony Associated vs Microsoft owned vs PC/Valve character in Smash.

It would be hard to give a move set for her. I concede this. But if you can think of something, make a post for her.
The tricky thing is implementing the portal mechanic. It could break the game.

Chell yeah!

Oct 25, 2017
Octoling would be such a disappointing inclusion especially as part of a DLC pack.

I don't think there is enough to separate it from the Inkling.

Hardest of passes

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got the chance to play Terry tonight at a friend's place. Damn he's fun. Especially once he hits 100%. My favorite thing to do until that point is throw out Power Waves, get my opponent to try to jump in on me, and hit them with a charged-up Rising Tackle.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Ma77Pjj.png

It's amazing how interesting and well-done every single aspect of Axiom Verge is except for the main character.

It's like the developers did all the effort in making this incredibly inventive world with all these brilliant new power-ups that felt like genuine twists on the Super Metroid formula — and then at the 0.5 yard line they had to come up with a main character and the best they got was "I don't know... fish-out-of-water guy with lab coat?"

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got the chance to play Terry tonight at a friend's place. Damn he's fun. Especially once he hits 100%. My favorite thing to do until that point is throw out Power Waves, get my opponent to try to jump in on me, and hit them with a charged-up Rising Tackle.
Terry seems to be Mix Ups: The Character. It feels like he has a boundless number of options at any given moment. Want to hide your inputs? You have loads of ways to do that. Want to condition your opponent into expecting a standard Power Dunk and then break out the intangibility from the input version? You can do that. Want a dozen different ways to recover? You can do that with every single special in his tool kit. Want to reliably combo into his Super Special Moves? You can do that with his forward and up tilts. Want to cover the ledge with Power Geyser? You can do that. Want to break shields? Go nuts!

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
It's amazing how interesting and well-done every single aspect of Axiom Verge is except for the main character.

It's like the developers did all the effort in making this incredibly inventive world with all these brilliant new power-ups that felt like genuine twists on the Super Metroid formula — and then at the 0.5 yard line they had to come up with a main character and the best they got was "I don't know... fish-out-of-water guy with lab coat?"
I hear where you're coming from, but I thought it worked well for what it was. Him being just a scientist in a lab coat, thrown into this incredible scenario, was kinda the point. You started out weak, scared, and baffled as opposed to being something cooler and more powerful with a handle on the situation from the get go. To me, it made the upgrades and learned knowledge of what was going on and where you were feel earned and needed.

Sorry, if I'm getting off topic with this reply. I know he'll never be in the game, but like I said earlier, I think he could be a fun and interesting character in Smash. Especially imagining what they could do with a retro, pixel art Axiom Verge stage with glitching platforms and what not... eh, it'll never happen anyway, haha!

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
AN ARGUMENT IN FAVOR OF SUSIE IN SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE

Sorry Neoxon , i'm stealing your format for my own use! Consider this an unofficial installment of "Argument in Favor of…", if you wish. I feel super passionately about supporthing this character, so I want to take this chance to write about them (because I know that nobody else will).

INTRODUCTION - WHO IS SUSIE?

latest

First released on April 28th 2016, Kirby: Planet Robobot was the second major Kirby installment on the Nintendo 3DS. In this title, Planet Popstar is invaded by the Access Ark: the mothership of an intergalactic robotics corporation, the Haltmann Works Company. King Dedede and Meta Knight are defeated as the planet's surface is completely mechanised; setting Kirby up for an adventure in an unfamiliar world. Kirby's journey appears to be straightforward at first, but a new adversary shows her face in the third world, Overload Ocean:

giphy.gif

Susie is the secretary and executive assistant of the Haltmann Works Company; tasked with overlooking the harvesting of Planet Popstar's resources. Wishing to remove any native obstacles, she takes on Kirby with her personal mech, the Business Suit. She is forced to flee from the fight after being defeated, but reappears multiple times to pit some new toys against the organic enemy. In the end, Susie disobeys the wishes of President Haltmann and assists Kirby and Meta Knight in destroying a much greater threat, Star Dream.

There's a lot more to Susie as a character beyond her appearance as an antagonist and reluctant ally; Modern Kirby games are known for their shockingly dark backstories/lore after all. I'd consider this section to be spoilers, so avoid it if you wish:

Long before the game's events, Susie happily lived with her father, President Haltmann, who experimented with the abilities of Star Dream: an all-powerful supercomputer with the capacity for granting wishes. A terrible accident occurs during a test on the machine, and Susie is warped into Another Dimension. Haltmann believed that his daughter had died in this accident, and decided to put all of his focus and energy into completing Star Dream in order to revive her. However, these tests on Star Dream had severe negative effects on Haltmann, slowing draining his mental health and his memories. Susie managed to eventually return to her own dimension many years later, but by this time her father had lost his memories of her. Regardless, she was still hired into his company to serve him directly; without ever recognising her as his daughter.

WHY INCLUDE SUSIE?

latest

I feel like I should level with everyone before continuing any further: I don't believe that Susie will be playable in Super Smash Bros. It's far too out there, especially as paid DLC. Even if we receive first-party DLC fighters, and even if a Kirby character is among them, Susie's chances remain slim; and that's an optimistic view. Regardless; as a potential female villain inclusion, I believe Susie is worth discussing. Also: you can't stop me.

So; why Susie over so many other valid options from the Kirby series? With strict competition like Bandana Waddle Dee, Marx and Magolor, it's hard to justify her inclusion. She doesn't win popularity polls, and her game isn't even half a decade old. Yet, despite everything against her, i'm personally drawn to the potential of the character. I believe she has great potential as a fighter in Smash; filling in a niche that the current roster doesn't really fulfil: a mech fighter. Her moveset potential, based on her boss appearances in Planet Robobot, in addition to her playable appearance in Star Allies, presents enough material for a full moveset. She also gets my support for the sake of diversity and representation; the single female villain on Smash's roster sharing that slot with six male villains is pretty embarrassing. No one else will take up the torch, so i'll be the person to give Susie a fair look and shake.

HOW WOULD SUSIE PLAY?

giphy.gif

Prior to Kirby: Star Allies, conceptualising a moveset for Susie would've been very difficult. Thankfully, with a playable appearance, I think it's easier to get a grasp on how she would appear as a playable fighter in Smash. In her appearance in Star Allies, Susie was a stance-change character; with the ability to freely swap between being "on-foot" and piloting the Business Suit. I believe that this makes for an interesting and unique Smash moveset; so while this may be an unfeasible way to incorporate the character, especially one lacking in popularity and notoriety, i'll stick with the concept as her main gameplay hook.

MOVESET:
Susie will start each battle outside of the Business Suit, with her moveset predominantly built around this form. As such, i'll cover these special moves first:

Neutral Special: H.W.C. Blaster - A small blaster introduced for her appearance in Star Allies. Her basic shots are a balance between Fox and Falco's Blasters; a moderate speed with some hitstun. However, she can make use of the Elemental abilities from Star Allies to enhance her blaster; accessible by holding down the button and flicking the stick in a certain direction (identical to selecting Monado Arts). There are five variants in total:
  • Blizzard Blaster - Shots are fast ice projectiles that quickly fall to the ground.
  • Bluster Blaster - Shots curve upwards with a wind hitbox; best for hitting aerial opponents.
  • Sizzle Blaster - Shots become a flamethrower; can be held out until the flame completely diminishes.
  • Splash Blaster - Shots travel much further, but with less strength.
  • Zap Blaster - Shots bounce along the ground, with added electric properties.
Up Special: Transporter - Susie summons her Transporter, a small device with a propeller. This allows her to freely hover in the air for a short amount of time, being able to move vertically and horizontally. The propeller deals a low amount of damage if the opponent is hit from below.

Side Special: Terra Burst - Susie places her Transporter on back, utilizing it as a jetpack. She launching forward at a fast speed and deals damage to any opponents she passes through. The move can be charged up, with three different levels available; each being a tier higher in terms of distance and power. This move serves as a strong horizontal recovery option in terms of distance, but cannot travel diagonally at all.

Down Special: Business Suit Up - Susie summons her Business Suit via a remote, forming around her as she now pilots it. Susie is immune to damage during the middle portion of the animation, but the start-up and end can be interrupted with a hit, cancelling the transformation in the case of the former. Upon summoning the Business Suit, Susie's movement becomes far more restricted. She is slower, larger, much weaker in the air and unable to perform some basic actions like crouching. The Business Suit's attacks are far more powerful, however, and it comes equipped with a brand new moveset:

Neutral Special: Drillbit - Susie fires two drill projectiles from the Business Suit, homing in on targets near her. Like the equivalent Special Move from her regular moveset, this move can also be affected by elemental attributes to alter the properties of the Drillbits. These variants are:
  • Blizzard Drillbit - Drillbits become falling icicles shortly after launching out.
  • Bluster Drillbit - Drillbits perform loops while flying, slower but with more range during flight.
  • Sizzle Drillbit - Drillbits explode upon impact, largest damage range.
  • Splash Drillbit - Drillbits dive-bomb and release multiple water particles that deal small damage.
  • Zap Drillbit - Drillbits produce a tiny lighting strike at the spot of impact.
Up Special: Driver Slam - When used on the ground, the Business Suit launches itself high up into the air, before drilling itself down with the screwdriver on the bottom of the mech. This attack has active hitboxes while travelling upwards, and also while drilling downwards. While in the air, the height the suit travels is reduced, but it still allows for a weak horizontal recovery.

Side Special: Spin Cycle - The Business Suit spins forward with it's arms extended outward, dealing a heavy amount of knockback and damage, but with far less range compared to Terra Burst. When used on the ground, it can change direction during the duration of the spin; but in the air movement is far more limited, locked to the direction pressed to activate the move.

Down Special: Business Suit Stow - Susie puts away the Business Suit and returns to her regular moveset. She can act early upon exiting the suit, allowing for a quick recovery with Transporter if knocked off-stage. There is delay between being able to summon the Business Suit again, however, so there is a limit to freely swapping between the two forms.

And, finally, just to give it a special mention, Diving Heart is represented through her Up-Throw. Izuna Drop, eat your heart out.

giphy.gif

WHAT WOULD SUSIE'S STAGE BE?

latest
latest

There are a few potential concepts that could be used for Susie's stage, though i'm partial to two particular ideas. The area where you encounter her, Overload Ocean, is certainly one potential option. The stage would likely be inspired by Susie's boss arena; an enclosed space surrounded by a sea of water. While the stage could look great aesthetically, especially in HD, it's hard to think of a strong gimmick. They could potentially include the Mech Flotzo enemy from earlier in the world, which would shoot ink blots at the fighters (having a similar affect to the Inkling's ink); as one example.

As an alternative, i'd like to suggest Resolution Road, the second world of the game. Obviously, the main gimmick here would be the Waddle Dee cars coming in from the foreground and background whenever the traffic lights go green; launching opponents if they happen to be hit. We have a few city stages in Ultimate already, but the super cartoony mechanised aesthetic could make it unique. The direct connection to Susie here is weak, but I still think it could make for a fairly interesting stage.

WHAT MUSIC WOULD SUSIE BRING WITH HER?

seriesalbum.jpg

This is both the easiest and hardest part for me personally; limiting myself to such a small list of Kirby tracks from two whole games is a bummer, but I want to stay true to the fighter being represented here. As a franchise with 40 tracks already, I didn't want to go too overboard with new additions. Even 10 feels like too many, but here are a few suggestions:
  1. Caught Me Singing (Remix) - Kirby: Planet Robobot
  2. VS. The Wicked Company - Kirby: Planet Robobot
  3. Yearning for Yellow (Vroom!) - Kirby: Planet Robobot
  4. Gorgeous-Go-Round - Kirby: Planet Robobot
  5. Bountiful Star - Kirby: Planet Robobot
  6. Crazy Rolling in Money - Kirby: Planet Robobot
  7. VS. Star Dream - Kirby: Planet Robobot (from Kirby: Star Allies)
  8. Song of Supplication - Kirby: Star Allies
  9. Suite: The Star-Conquering Traveler - Kirby: Star Allies
  10. Butterfly of Judgement: Morpho Knight- Kirby: Star Allies

WHAT SPIRITS WOULD BE INCLUDED WITH SUSIE?

latest

For franchises already included within Ultimate, picking out a full set of spirits is fairly difficult. Because of this, i've imagined something slightly different for Susie's Spirit Board. Instead of being based around new Planet Robobot spirits, i've decided to base her Spirit Board around the Dream Friends from Star Allies. The Dream Palace (pictured above) would be featured in the background, and the board itself would include most of the Dream Friends from Star Allies (excluding King Dedede and Meta Knight; adding new spirits for some Dream Friends). Two extra Planet Robobot Spirits are also included to add some more new content:
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Rick, Cine & Coo (NEW; combining their individual spirit battles into a trickier one)
  • Gooey
  • Marx (available without the need to replay World of Light)
  • Adeleine & Ribbon (NEW)
  • Dark Meta Knight (NEW)
  • Daroach
  • Magolor
  • Taranza (NEW)
  • Susie
  • The Three Mage-Sisters
  • President Haltmann (NEW)
  • Star Dream (NEW)
And of course, Susie gets a Fighter Spirit too; using artwork different from her existing spirit.

LONG STORY SHORT

giphy.gif

After taking multiple hours to put this together, i've realised just how much I really want to see Susie get in. It's a dream that will never be fulfilled, but I hope this has shined a light onto why I want to see her. I don't have much else to write here, but I hope you enjoyed the read!

Last edited:

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
AN ARGUMENT IN FAVOR OF SUSIE IN SUPER SMASH BROS. ULTIMATE

Sorry Neoxon , i'm stealing your format for my own use! Consider this an unofficial installment of "Argument in Favor of…", if you wish. I feel super passionately about supporthing this character, so I want to take this chance to write about them (because I know that nobody else will).

INTRODUCTION - WHO IS SUSIE?

latest

First released on April 28th 2016, Kirby: Planet Robobot was the second major Kirby installment on the Nintendo 3DS. In this title, Planet Popstar is invaded by the Access Ark: the mothership of an intergalactic robotics corporation, the Haltmann Works Company. King Dedede and Meta Knight are defeated as the planet's surface is completely mechanised; setting Kirby up for an adventure in an unfamiliar world. Kirby's journey appears to be straightforward at first, but a new adversary shows her face in the third world, Overload Ocean:

giphy.gif

Susie is the secretary and executive assistant of the Haltmann Works Company; tasked with overlooking the harvesting of Planet Popstar's resources. Wishing to remove any native obstacles, she takes on Kirby with her personal mech, the Business Suit. She is forced to flee from the fight after being defeated, but reappears multiple times to pit some new toys against the organic enemy. In the end, Susie disobeys the wishes of President Haltmann and assists Kirby and Meta Knight in destroying a much greater threat, Star Dream.

There's a lot more to Susie as a character beyond her appearance as an antagonist and reluctant ally; Modern Kirby games are known for their shockingly dark backstories/lore after all. I'd consider this section to be spoilers, so avoid it if you wish:

Long before the game's events, Susie happily lived with her father, President Haltmann, who experimented with the abilities of Star Dream: an all-powerful supercomputer with the capacity for granting wishes. A terrible accident occurs during a test on the machine, and Susie is warped into Another Dimension. Haltmann believed that his daughter had died in this accident, and decided to put all of his focus and energy into completing Star Dream in order to revive her. However, these tests on Star Dream had severe negative effects on Haltmann, slowing draining his mental health and his memories. Susie managed to eventually return to her own dimension many years later, but by this time her father had lost his memories of her. Regardless, she was still hired into his company to serve him directly; without ever recognising her as his daughter.

WHY INCLUDE SUSIE?

latest

I feel like I should level with everyone before continuing any further: I don't believe that Susie will be playable in Super Smash Bros. It's far too out there, especially as paid DLC. Even if we receive first-party DLC fighters, and even if a Kirby character is among them, Susie's chances remain slim; and that's an optimistic view. Regardless; as a potential female villain inclusion, I believe Susie is worth discussing. Also: you can't stop me.

So; why Susie over so many other valid options from the Kirby series? With strict competition like Bandana Waddle Dee, Marx and Magolor, it's hard to justify her inclusion. She doesn't win popularity polls, and her game isn't even half a decade old. Yet, despite everything against her, i'm personally drawn to the potential of the character. I believe she has great potential as a fighter in Smash; filling in a niche that the current roster doesn't really fulfil: a mech fighter. Her moveset potential, based on her boss appearances in Planet Robobot, in addition to her playable appearance in Star Allies, presents enough material for a full moveset. She also gets my support for the sake of diversity and representation; the single female villain on Smash's roster sharing that slot with six male villains is pretty embarrassing. No one else will take up the torch, so i'll be the person to give Susie a fair look and shake.

HOW WOULD SUSIE PLAY?

giphy.gif

Prior to Kirby: Star Allies, conceptualising a moveset for Susie would've been very difficult. Thankfully, with a playable appearance, I think it's easier to get a grasp on how she would appear as a playable fighter in Smash. In her appearance in Star Allies, Susie was a stance-change character; with the ability to freely swap between being "on-foot" and piloting the Business Suit. I believe that this makes for an interesting and unique Smash moveset; so while this may be an unfeasible way to incorporate the character, especially one lacking in popularity and notoriety, i'll stick with the concept as her main gameplay hook.

MOVESET:
Susie will start each battle outside of the Business Suit, with her moveset predominantly built around this form. As such, i'll cover these special moves first:

Neutral Special: H.W.C. Blaster - A small blaster introduced for her appearance in Star Allies. Her basic shots are a balance between Fox and Falco's Blasters; a moderate speed with some hitstun. However, she can make use of the Elemental abilities from Star Allies to enhance her blaster; accessible by holding down the button and flicking the stick in a certain direction (identical to selecting Monado Arts). There are five variants in total:
  • Blizzard Blaster - Shots are fast ice projectiles that quickly fall to the ground.
  • Bluster Blaster - Shots curve upwards with a wind hitbox; best for hitting aerial opponents.
  • Sizzle Blaster - Shots become a flamethrower; can be held out until the flame completely diminishes.
  • Splash Blaster - Shots travel much further, but with less strength.
  • Zap Blaster - Shots bounce along the ground, with added electric properties.
Up Special: Transporter - Susie summons her Transporter, a small device with a propeller. This allows her to freely hover in the air for a short amount of time, being able to move vertically and horizontally. The propeller deals a low amount of damage if the opponent is hit from below.

Side Special: Terra Burst - Susie places her Transporter on back, utilizing it as a jetpack. She launching forward at a fast speed and deals damage to any opponents she passes through. The move can be charged up, with three different levels available; each being a tier higher in terms of distance and power. This move serves as a strong horizontal recovery option in terms of distance, but cannot travel diagonally at all.

Down Special: Business Suit Up - Susie summons her Business Suit via a remote, forming around her as she now pilots it. Susie is immune to damage during the middle portion of the animation, but the start-up and end can be interrupted with a hit, cancelling the transformation in the case of the former. Upon summoning the Business Suit, Susie's movement becomes far more restricted. She is slower, larger, much weaker in the air and unable to perform some basic actions like crouching. The Business Suit's attacks are far more powerful, however, and it comes equipped with a brand new moveset:

Neutral Special: Drillbit - Susie fires two drill projectiles from the Business Suit, homing in on targets near her. Like the equivalent Special Move from her regular moveset, this move can also be affected by elemental attributes to alter the properties of the Drillbits. These variants are:
  • Blizzard Drillbit - Drillbits become falling icicles shortly after launching out.
  • Bluster Drillbit - Drillbits perform loops while flying, slower but with more range during flight.
  • Sizzle Drillbit - Drillbits explode upon impact, largest damage range.
  • Splash Drillbit - Drillbits dive-bomb and release multiple water particles that deal small damage.
  • Zap Drillbit - Drillbits produce a tiny lighting strike at the spot of impact.
Up Special: Driver Slam - When used on the ground, the Business Suit launches itself high up into the air, before drilling itself down with the screwdriver on the bottom of the mech. This attack has active hitboxes while travelling upwards, and also while drilling downwards. While in the air, the height the suit travels is reduced, but it still allows for a weak horizontal recovery.

Side Special: Spin Cycle - The Business Suit spins forward with it's arms extended outward, dealing a heavy amount of knockback and damage, but with far less range compared to Terra Burst. When used on the ground, it can change direction during the duration of the spin; but in the air movement is far more limited, locked to the direction pressed to activate the move.

Down Special: Business Suit Stow - Susie puts away the Business Suit and returns to her regular moveset. She can act early upon exiting the suit, allowing for a quick recovery with Transporter if knocked off-stage. There is delay between being able to summon the Business Suit again, however, so there is a limit to freely swapping between the two forms.

And, finally, just to give it a special mention, Diving Heart is represented through her Up-Throw. Izuna Drop, eat your heart out.

giphy.gif

WHAT WOULD SUSIE'S STAGE BE?

latest
latest

There are a few potential concepts that could be used for Susie's stage, though i'm partial to two particular ideas. The area where you encounter her, Overload Ocean, is certainly one potential option. The stage would likely be inspired by Susie's boss arena; an enclosed space surrounded by a sea of water. While the stage could look great aesthetically, especially in HD, it's hard to think of a strong gimmick. They could potentially include the Mech Flotzo enemy from earlier in the world, which would shoot ink blots at the fighters (having a similar affect to the Inkling's ink); as one example.

As an alternative, i'd like to suggest Resolution Road, the second world of the game. Obviously, the main gimmick here would be the Waddle Dee cars coming in from the foreground and background whenever the traffic lights go green; launching opponents if they happen to be hit. We have a few city stages in Ultimate already, but the super cartoony mechanised aesthetic could make it unique. The direct connection to Susie here is weak, but I still think it could make for a fairly interesting stage.

WHAT MUSIC WOULD SUSIE BRING WITH HER?

seriesalbum.jpg

This is both the easiest and hardest part for me personally; limiting myself to such a small list of Kirby tracks from two whole games is a bummer, but I want to stay true to the fighter being represented here. As a franchise with 40 tracks already, I didn't want to go too overboard with new additions. Even 10 feels like too many, but here are a few suggestions:
  1. Caught Me Singing (Remix) - Kirby: Planet Robobot
  2. VS. The Wicked Company - Kirby: Planet Robobot
  3. Yearning for Yellow (Vroom!) - Kirby: Planet Robobot
  4. Gorgeous-Go-Round - Kirby: Planet Robobot
  5. Bountiful Star - Kirby: Planet Robobot
  6. Crazy Rolling in Money - Kirby: Planet Robobot
  7. VS. Star Dream - Kirby: Planet Robobot (from Kirby: Star Allies)
  8. Song of Supplication - Kirby: Star Allies
  9. Suite: The Star-Conquering Traveler - Kirby: Star Allies
  10. Butterfly of Judgement: Morpho Knight- Kirby: Star Allies

WHAT SPIRITS WOULD BE INCLUDED WITH SUSIE?

latest

For franchises already included within Ultimate, picking out a full set of spirits is fairly difficult. Because of this, i've imagined something slightly different for Susie's Spirit Board. Instead of being based around new Planet Robobot spirits, i've decided to base her Spirit Board around the Dream Friends from Star Allies. The Dream Palace (pictured above) would be featured in the background, and the board itself would include most of the Dream Friends from Star Allies (excluding King Dedede and Meta Knight; adding new spirits for some Dream Friends). Two extra Planet Robobot Spirits are also included to add some more new content:
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Rick, Cine & Coo (NEW; combining their individual spirit battles into a trickier one)
  • Gooey
  • Marx (available without the need to replay World of Light)
  • Adeleine & Ribbon (NEW)
  • Dark Meta Knight (NEW)
  • Daroach
  • Magolor
  • Taranza (NEW)
  • Susie
  • The Three Mage-Sisters
  • President Haltmann (NEW)
  • Star Dream (NEW)
And of course, Susie gets a Fighter Spirit too; using artwork different from her existing spirit.

LONG STORY SHORT

giphy.gif

After taking multiple hours to put this together, i've realised just how much I really want to see Susie get in. It's a dream that will never be fulfilled, but I hope this has shined a light onto why I want to see her. I don't have much else to write here, but I hope you enjoyed the read!
This is about as canon as an MCU show on ABC.
Agent Carter, to be specific.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017

List of Taunts:
  • ⬆: Hi!
  • ⬅/➡: Hi!
  • ⬇: Hi!

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Lea would be really cool. You could give her elemental mechanics that change her moves slightly, and maybe a full set of different specials for all 5 (that'd probably be a bit much but hey, a man can dream).

Whoa. That music is amazing! Do we have any idea when the switch release is yet?

The site still only says "2019", but that is gonna be over soon, so presumably in December.

List of Taunts:
  • ⬆: Hi!
  • ⬅/➡: Hi!
  • ⬇: Hi!

Excuse me, you're forgetting "Hi! Lea! Hi!" and "*nod*".

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I know having her in and out of the mech would make her complex and giver her more moves overall, but part of me would rather just see Susie mostly always in the mech, like Bowser Jr is, just in order to make her more streamlined. Adding in the elemental variations on top of that just seems like too much, though I think if she was only in the mech, the elemental variations would be fine.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Just give me a Sirfetch'd riding on the back of a Corviknight for a Gen 8 rep.
Galarian Knight Duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.