• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Superbot devs had Wiis at their desks and basically played a ton of Brawl. It's pretty shameless how much they wanted to ape Smash (though that was always the purpose of the project to begin with).
Honestly they should have tried to make the game more like Smash, even if the characters weren't as iconic at least they'd have the gameplay.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
We were waiting for the true hero to rise.

latest
Maybe we should wait for Deltarune to be finished in like five years and not base expectations on Toby Fox's Episode Duscae. :P

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly they should have tried to make the game more like Smash, even if the characters weren't as iconic at least they'd have the gameplay.
The scoring system in PSAS always seemed counter-intuitive for a Smash clone. To score points, you had to defeat opponents with Supers and not by knocking them out of the arena?

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The scoring system in PSAS always seemed counter-intuitive for a Smash clone. To score points, you had to defeat opponents with Supers and not by knocking them out of the arena?
Yeah. Also, remember the SP mode had the 2 minute time battles instead of stock battles, which I found annoying as it took out a lot of fun that Smash has in trying to do things quickly.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The general vibe coming off the reports of how PSASBR turned out is that Sony thought that "Smash Bros., but with PlayStation branding" would sell itself to both consumers and developers who were getting repped in the game. They seemed convinced they could just beat Smash 4 to the punch in being a third party crossover fighter without having to put in the work Sakurai and his teams did in building up their rep through three prior games.

So it's the Justice League of intra-company video game crossovers! LOL

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Adventure Quest had a mobile game name before mobile games truly existed

the funniest video game name of all, however, is "Legend of Legacy"

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shin Megami Tensei means "Reincarnation of the True Goddess" and there hasn't been one of those since 1988.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Are we going to do the countdown for not guaranteed announcement at an event that we aren't even sure that we would get smash reveal but COUNT ME IN. I would gladly to do it for everyone! I could start it tomorrow with 9 days.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I keep wanting to think that TGA is this week, and I get annoyed every time I remember that it's not lol

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Here's my weird take:

No new Fire Emblem reps in Smash, but put Edelgard and/or Claude in Nintendo Vs. Capcom. Don't ask why, I don't make the rules.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Worst names? What about Beyond the Beyond?
How about
Summer-Colored High School ★ Adolescent Record – A Summer At School On An Island Where I Contemplate How The First Day After I Transferred, I Ran Into A Childhood Friend And Was Forced To Join The Journalism Club Where While My Days As A Paparazzi Kid With Great Scoops Made Me Rather Popular Among The Girls, But Strangely My Camera Is Full Of Panty Shots, And Where My Candid Romance Is Going[/SPOILER]

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Are we going to do the countdown for not guaranteed announcement at an event that we aren't even sure that we would get smash reveal but COUNT ME IN. I would gladly to do it for everyone! I could start it tomorrow with 9 days.
Are the characters featured going to include the "deconfirmed" cast or just those that haven't gotten the vergesabi hammer? I for one think the leakers should be disregarded for this particular countdown myself.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
It seems that Zero to Facebook thread is opening up a lot of folks to the news of Zero being a pinhead, which is overdue.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Slightly over 24 hours until more character die to Galeem's brutal spirit events

Or not. Probably just a tourney. We haven't one of those in awhile.
Should definitely be a tourney. We were on-track with a consistent schedule before Terry, and even after Terry threw everything off we got back on schedule for two weeks with the two Pokemon events.

In conclusion: Resident Evil ruins everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.