• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
ALL RIGHT! I finished sorting and submitted my result. Here's what I sent so that everyone can take a look at my questionable taste:
  1. Geno
  2. Lip
  3. Master Chief
  4. Lara Croft
  5. Arle
  6. Tails
  7. Rex
  8. Amaterasu
  9. Phoenix Wright
  10. Spyro
  11. Crash
  12. Sora
  13. Doom Marine
  14. Chun-Li
  15. Shantae
  16. Chell
  17. Dr. Eggman
  18. Gordon Freeman
  19. Quote
  20. Rayman
  21. Bomberman
  22. Viridi
  23. Isaac
  24. Twintelle
  25. Klonoa
  26. Skull Kid
  27. Junpei
  28. Tetrimino
  29. Space Invader
  30. Hanafuda Deck
  31. Frogger
  32. Missingno
  33. Goose
  34. Prince of All Cosmos
  35. Cuphead
  36. Sissel
Starting with Tetrimino at #28, those are characters that I want as Assist Trophies rather than fighters. I know that's not exactly how we're supposed to use this poll, but whatever.

In case something goes wrong, here's the code I submitted:

Code:
( gn lp mc lc an ts rp ao pw sp cb so dm cl sh cp de gv qu rm bm vi is tw kl sz 99 tm si hd fr mn ge pk cx 3s 05 he di ph cf sf br ho mo kd m1 do 2c re te ra mp et mj md zm sw m2 rh kb ry tr go ca ci ay to sk cc gd ll cs gf ve ad by gr lk jo jf ag du 3d ma sm on sb al 2d wr da ne cr kg ha mx lx sc sg ko cm mm oh km pe uz cn rx ni bf fs ms ku ch dx rb ld mh el pa kt ct wo su ky rf gh tb pt rt cv jv kr ot 2b ar eb th py se pl ab gu ka tt ns cu mb kc st ds sa ed k9 v9 n9 z7 v8 n8 g9 s8 c9 2s d9 s9 h9 n6 d8 g7 g8 s5 g6 k7 e7 z9 e8 c7 s6 l9 z8 r9 c8 e9 2e a9 s7 n7 a8 1s k8 00 ef wa gk bd )

If you look closely, you'll see that I put an anti-vote toward Bandana Dee.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I submitted a response. Mostly putting a few at the top and everyone else below because I am not doing all that, lol.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
w7g9qke.png

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
this is where I panic and sneakily claim the poll is in early access and has a roadmap, right? somebody fetch me the script

I'll try to set up a less intimidating assistant tomorrow. It's perfectly fine if you only care about ten characters or less; there's a single huge list because I'm bad at web design and someone may have opinions on them all.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
this is where I panic and sneakily claim the poll is in early access and has a roadmap, right? somebody fetch me the script

I'll try to set up a less intimidating assistant tomorrow. It's perfectly fine if you only care about ten characters or less; there's a single huge list because I'm bad at web design and someone may have opinions on them all.
For the record I really appreciate you doing this and I'm sorry if my criticism comes across as too harsh at times.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

Don't add those, im only half serious. Though I have to ask why Dimitri from Sly Cooper?

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Don't sweat it. You did something nice without anyone asking. Sorry if my response may have come across as snarky. I would've messed it up even if it was designed for a 5 year old.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I refuse to spend a half-hour dragging around the 70 "different" versions of trash anime girls.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I voted for:

Phoenix Wright
Kazuma Kiryu
Geno
Rex
2B

And then ignored the rest of the list because I didn't feel like digging through it.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The site is way too clunky to use to vote. Shifting through all the choices is a pain, is it supposed to be done via mobile? There has to be a better structure then having the list stack on top stretching the page waaaay downward.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I reserved it for Duke Nukem (the worst of machist horseshit) and Dovahkin (association with Jeremy Soule's rape trophies).

Well, I suppose that's fair enough of a reason.

After seeing that there may be an updated voting method coming, I decided to leave my sorted list as it is at

Code:
( al ph rt ay sw ab an jv cf st pl ko ms el bf te md ao ds ha lx ct ns et tt gv dm rx cl pw lk rh ky ad sb ch m1 m2 kb bm kr rp jf sg cm is cp zm py lp kl ka kg sa ag bd so he tb sk ho lc mm cs ry mj ed uz ma rm sf sp da ve by tw 2b jo de ot si cu oh pk dx cb ni ku do 3s ca gn eb rf sh ll ge ar su sz sc ne r9 km wr mp kc du tm n7 on ts mc gh fs mn kt rb cx cc s6 se br fr cv gf qu sm 1s ra wa pt g6 to pa wo ld gu 2c k8 mx pe re ci gr kd mh hd mb n6 di cr gd vi tr go mo g8 s8 s5 g9 c7 s9 n8 v9 3d s7 z9 cn l9 h9 c8 d8 th e8 e7 gk 2d c9 2s z7 k7 g7 a9 ef z8 a8 v8 k9 2e d9 n9 e9 05 00 )

and should a new method arise, I'll give it a shot to revise and refine my vote.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's a 70% chance I screwed something up, and either way I'm pretty sure this data is going to be used for something objectively evil, but my vote is in.

A brief top ranking:

1) Dixie Kong
2) Geno
3) Resident Evil (Jill > Leon)
4) Pete (Story of Seasons)
5) Nightmare
6) Dovahkiin
7) Lara Croft
8) Digimon (Agumon > Greymon)
9) Kassandra (Assassin's Creed)
10) Tracer

And then a long list of honorable mentions after that. I'm mildly surprised that a Three Houses character (Byleth > Dimitri > Edelgard > Claude) didn't make it into my top ten, but I guess there's more third party franchises I'd be interested in than I thought.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
You know; now that Mario Maker 2 is adding crossover power-ups

maybe they'll add Hayabusa to that game instead of Smash ;)

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Edelgard > Dimitri > Claude > Byleth in terms of characters I'd want for Smash.
I'd go with Edelgard > Byleth > Dimitri > Claude, personally. Of course, this assumes they do something genuinely cool with Byleth's weapon, which they probably wouldn't. At which point my ranking would align with yours.

You know; now that Mario Maker 2 is adding crossover power-ups

maybe they'll add Hayabusa to that game instead of Smash ;)

You don't have to torture KtotheRoc like this, man.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Whip sword > eyepatch and big cape > lady and axe > handsome guy

That's just simple math. (I actually find post-timeskip Dimitri mostly annoying, but his design is GOAT, gimme an amiibo.)

if Byleth happened, I really hope they'd take the opportunity to let them use a wide variety of weapons and abilities since they can actually do pretty much anything in FETH. Save the whipsword for a FS or something.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I speak for everyone (especially you, you know who you are) when I say a DLC pack that had nothing in it that still cost money would be preferable to Byleth.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In terms of Smash, Claude > Edelgard > Byleth > Dimitri easily. MENA archer and bi axe lady are tops. Byleth would at least have a female alt. Dimitri's weapon and post-timeskip design are awesome, but the same can be said for the other two lords and he's just a white guy.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Honestly, let's just make Anna playable. She represents a bunch of FE games, and she can use a fat sack of cash as her weapon - they can even make Tom Nook her echo!

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Super Mario Maker's Mystery Mushroom was fun; they had almost every fighter of Smash4 (up until Lucas, I think);

Sadly, I don't think SMM2 will ever try to match that

Last edited:

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Mario Maker 1's costumes were great but if Mario Maker 2's gonna give me more stuff like the Master Sword they were a worthy sacrifice

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
In terms of Smash, Claude > Edelgard > Byleth > Dimitri easily. MENA archer and bi axe lady are tops. Byleth would at least have a female alt. Dimitri's weapon and post-timeskip design are awesome, but the same can be said for the other two lords and he's just a white guy.
Basically this, though I'd say Claude = Edelgard in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.