• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discusion Thread 8 | The Literally Whos down in Literally Whoville

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Downloadable Contents Discusion Thread 8 | The Literally Whos down in Literally Whoville
v1.aDs2NDg0MTtqOzE4MDkwOzEyMDA7NzAwOzM1Ng

This image comes in handy

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Don't add those, im only half serious. Though I have to ask why Dimitri from Sly Cooper?
For the same reason as Dante from Dante's Inferno series, Gokus from soccer and math, Heihachi from a movie, and basically all but four bonus entries. Someone just wrote "Dimitri" in their nomination, and I couldn't resist stretching it somehow. (Fun fact: if one searches for Dimitri on Wikipedia, the list one gets includes Sly Cooper Dimitri, but last time I checked did not include the Fire Emblem Dimitri.)

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
This is the perfect title. All the more perfect if we somehow hit a new thread before a character reveal and it's someone absolutely earth-shattering.

E: You definitely didn't catch that unpublished confusion I forgot to delete before typing a new post.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Will The Game Awards be archived anywhere? I won't be able to watch it live, and I'd rather sit through the whole show after the fact than have a possible Smash reveal spoiled. I'm still bummed about missing the Joker reveal last year.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have my finals the day after TGA so I won't watch it live, probably.

To think I'll miss Geno's reveal.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Sleeping through it. Sleep > a silly awards show.

Will just catch up on the reveal trailer if one is there. No need to watch the whole thing.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I have my first exam on the 11th and sadly the GMA happen i beleive at around 2 at night UK Time so i will likely not watch it sadly ;(

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Lmao all these zoomers are still in school and don't even watch Smash reveals and yet they expect Jonesy and Steve to cater to them

These entitled generations I swear

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I'll "watch" TGA live, but it's going to be in another tab and sometimes muted while I browse the net and/or watch a stream or play on my Switch.

I'll be done with the semester by the 12th, so thankfully I'm all good on that front.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I'm planning to buy some pizza and call some friends to spend the night watching the TGA. If nothig excited ends happening, we can still play Smash and CTR the rest of the night

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I'll probably end up watching TGA quietly in the dark this year, instead of drinking beer and watching it with my friends, because I don't want to wake my 1000 kids and have my wife come screeching at me.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that's what people meant by RE3 Jill design, isn't it.

...I don't think Smash rendering engine could handle it well.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I live in the perfect time zone for TGA. I'll watch it with my brother.

Good times...

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
TGAs are right in the middle of my two exam weeks, so it'll actually be really nice to take a decent break then.

I won't really pay attention though because I don't care about most of them, but I'll at least have them on in the background while I play Monster Hunter.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Real talk I think Carlos looks so much cooler than Jill. Rather play as him.

Dude looks like he got a hair perm and is ready to fuck some zombies up.

I'm too much of a coward to say this in that thread so I'm saying it here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jill looks alright but she really doesn't feel like Jill to me.

Carlos' new design looks pretty cool though. Reminds me of something straight outta Dead Rising.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I genuinely don't like about any of the current gen RE games is Capcom trying to do a more photorealistic look. All of the returning characters look off, some more than others.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Jill looks alright but she really doesn't feel like Jill to me.

Carlos' new design looks pretty cool though. Reminds me of something straight outta Dead Rising.
The only thing I'd change is to have Jill wear her white jacket with the sleeves rolled up. Otherwise, I'd take that design over her old tube top any day of the week.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
One thing I genuinely don't like about any of the current gen RE games is Capcom trying to do a more photorealistic look. All of the returning characters look off, some more than others.
Yep. I really don't like the results of the RE engine. I rather have a more stylistic look for characters than they looking like real people

I hope they don't use it for a upcoming Street Fighter or any fighting game, honestly. I'd hate that

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Isn't there a rumor of Capcom's next fighting game having a more realistic art style?

Please be excited for RE Engine Darkstalkers

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Isn't there a rumor of Capcom's next fighting game having a more realistic art style?

Please be excited for RE Engine Darkstalkers
Not that I recall, & I usually keep up with such rumors. As far as we know, only Capcom Dev 1 has access to the RE Engine. For reference, Capcom's fighting games are made at Capcom Dev 2.

Either way, I can't see Capcom releasing any new fighting games before Street Fighter VI, which I don't foresee coming out until at least Early 2022 (exclusively next-gen).

Status
Not open for further replies.