• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
would be terrible news for me :<
this would be the exact opposite what I always dreamed of a new Darkstalkers (which is basically going full Skullgirls).
Unless the RE Engine starts to spread to Capcom Dev 2, I wouldn't worry. As I said earlier, the engine seems to be currently limited to Capcom Dev 1.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Well you know that photorealistic thing was going to happen. It's been in all Capcom games to have real actors play their characters. And they've chosen well so far. I think Carlos will grow on people.
As I said just minutes ago, it's not a stylistic direction I personally like and I actually find it off-putting next to games like REmake and RE4.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'd change is to have Jill wear her white jacket with the sleeves rolled up. Otherwise, I'd take that design over her old tube top any day of the week.
The outfit is whatever to me, I generally prefer the STARS outfit even if the tube top design has a more 90s pulp fiction appeal to it. I just don't care much for the model they went with. The Julia Voth look is just too iconic to lose imo.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It occasionally looks jarring/uncanny but I really love the RE engine style. Works great for RE and for DMC. I'd be curious to see how a SFVI would look... not sure how plausible it is with such an exaggerated cast though.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
The outfit is whatever to me, I generally prefer the STARS outfit even if the tube top design has a more 90s pulp fiction feeling to it. I just don't care much for the model they went with. The Julia Voth look is just too iconic to lose imo.
My thoughts exactly, plus all of the other people saying that they prefer the more stylized looks that were used pre-RE Engine, except I'll say that I prefer her BSAA Rev 1 outfit to her RE3 look (old or new).

Also, I just prefer Jill with a hat of some kind. She always pulls them off well.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God imagine the nightmare of RE1 getting remade again and photorealistic Jill's shoulderpads.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Street Fighter X Tekken was a good game marred by Capcom bungling the gem system with DLC and the on-disc character DLC controversy.

It's also the game that brought Poison back and for that I'll always be thankful.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Street Fighter X Tekken was a good game marred by Capcom bungling the gem system with DLC and the on-disc character DLC controversy.

It's also the game that brought Poison back and for that I'll always be thankful.
It didn't truly become great until Ver. 2013. But by then, the damage was done.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017

The gameplay was awful until they dropped a bigass patch later. Matches were nothing but timeouts and all of the slower characters were worthless because they didn't do any more damage the characters with the fastest normals.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't there a rumor of Capcom's next fighting game having a more realistic art style?

Please be excited for RE Engine Darkstalkers
source.gif

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
SFxTK was the game that truly introduced me the Tekken characters. Before that, I had played a bit of Tekken 5, but I didn't form any opinion on the cast. When I played SFxTK, I actually started liking Heihachi :p (Paul and Lili too)

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's kind of remarkable that the Tekken cast looks aight in the moldy cheese look SFIV had going for it.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I hope Street Fighter characters still have yaoi hands and sasquatch feet proportions even when the rest of their bodies are digitally scanned-in LA rejects.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This detour in Street Fighter X Tekken is making me think of when I was watching some footage of it from a video about Rollback netcode and man that game had the most garish looking backgrounds I've ever seen. The SF4 artstyle was so fucking bad thank god for SFV moving past it even with it's own imperfections

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Apparently Granblue Fes will overlap with TGA and that takes priority.

Dual Katalina reveal incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.