• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that has the audacity to not like Wind Waker, I can safely say that it isn't. Not by any stretch.

It's the only time the vaunted "traditional Zelda formula" told a good story, a desperate gamble to free itself from the shackles of Ocarina of Time and take Zelda to new heights.

And then we got Twilight Princess.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
It's the only time the vaunted "traditional Zelda formula" told a good story, a desperate gamble to free itself from the shackles of Ocarina of Time and take Zelda to new heights.

The sailing is boring and painful. And Twilight Princess has better dungeons and story.

Wind Waker is also the only Zelda game I've tapped out on because of its overworld.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Okami is a badly paced mess of a game. How many times did we have to fight Orochi again?

(There's a reason people trash The Imprisoned boss fights in Skyward Sword.)

steviestar3

One Winged Slayer
Jul 3, 2018

It freed itself from the shackles of Ocarina of Time by reusing almost every item and dungeon theme from Ocarina of Time and screwing over its plot and characters to recreate Ocarina of Time in the final act for no real reason.

Ok.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
BotW's Banana Stealth Section >>>>>>>>>> Wind Waker's Barrel Stealth Section

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Oh cool, we're doing Zelda hot takes now?

Twilight Princess is the worst 3D game in the series and is in the bottom five for the series period. The only good bits from it were Midna, some boss music, and two dungeons (City in the Sky and Hyrule Castle.) Everything else about it is painfully mediocre.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh cool, we're doing Zelda hot takes now?

Twilight Princess is the worst 3D game in the series and is in the bottom five for the series period. The only good bits from it were Midna, some boss music, and two dungeons (City in the Sky and Hyrule Castle.) Everything else about it is painfully mediocre.

Skyward Sword exists.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Wind Waker Pros
+ Best artstyle
+ Best characters
+ Best story
+ Great music

Wind Waker Cons
- Blatantly unfinished
- Terrible dungeons
- Overworld was too ambitious for the time
- Tetra gets ruined by the Zelda reveal

This is the final objective truth.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Tf5ieji.gif

going to bump this gif again for some people who don't follow the pages.

Anyway, for people who like to figure out, predict what kind of theme I'm going for. (it's obvious duh)

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There needs to be a Zelda game where the prophecy turns out to be a scam or that Link was being manipulated by the goddesses/Zelda the whole time and they are the true antagonists.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Twilight Princess is amazing and I will defend it until my dying breath. It's got the best dungeons, some of the best bosses, and the best companion in the franchise by far.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Okami is a badly paced mess of a game. How many times did we have to fight Orochi again?

(There's a reason people trash The Imprisoned boss fights in Skyward Sword.)
Three times.

You fight every boss twice.

People exaggerate the Orochi thing to a ridiculous degree.

Wind Waker Pros
+ Best artstyle
+ Best characters
+ Best story
+ Great music

Wind Waker Cons
- Blatantly unfinished
- Terrible dungeons
- Overworld was too ambitious for the time
- Tetra gets ruined by the Zelda reveal

This is the final objective truth.
The dungeons aren't terrible. BotW dungeons are terrible. Wind Waker's are average.

Tetra gets ruined by the Zelda reveal briefly but she saves it at the end.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Codebadge generator was updated. The changes are designed so that picking a smaller list of characters is more intuitive. This took a while because I have no idea what I'm doing; I don't know if it worked because I have no idea what I'm doing, so feedback is appreciated. I'll attempt adding an autosorting assistant tomorrow, and deeper categories should work, but I'm already falling asleep, so I am postponing categorizing the data.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wind Waker has Zelda's only good stealth section and is derided by people whose only understanding of gameplay is immediate catharsis.

The sailing is boring and painful. And Twilight Princess has better dungeons and story.

Wind Waker is also the only Zelda game I've tapped out on because of its overworld.

Better story

The Zant plot twist

Pick one.

It freed itself from the shackles of Ocarina of Time by reusing almost every item and dungeon theme from Ocarina of Time and screwing over its plot and characters to recreate Ocarina of Time in the final act for no real reason.

Ok.

Was the motivation of the villain being his toxic nostalgia for the past at the expense of the future too subtle?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Three times.

I got so bored of Orochi fights by the end of the game, I wondered if the development team really didn't know what else to do. "Stick in another Orochi fight!"

But I found Okami to be overrated.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Three times.

The dungeons aren't terrible. BotW dungeons are terrible. Wind Waker's are average.

Tetra gets ruined by the Zelda reveal briefly but she saves it at the end.
BotW has something else to do instead of the dungeons though.

Wind Waker is structured like the first half of a traditional Zelda game which revolves around dungeons except they never ramp up in complexity and then just end before dumping you in a terrible fetch quest.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As long as we're on Zelda hot takes...

The Triforce Quest in Wind Waker sucks up all of the game's momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.