• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you still expecting to see Smash Bros announcement at TGA?

• Yes, the character would be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Yes, character wouldn't be from any relevant title that comes out this year and is part of the VGA.

Votes: 138 69.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • Nope and I still believe in Smash Anniversary Direct. Get Hype!

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Wind Waker has Zelda's only good stealth section and is derided by people whose only understanding of gameplay is immediate catharsis.

Better story

The Zant plot twist

Pick one.

Was the motivation of the villain being his toxic nostalgia for the past at the expense of the future too subtle?
Zant being a manipulated dipshit is kind of the point. He's not some grandmaster chess wizard. He was a pawn the whole time.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zant being a manipulated dipshit is kind of the point. He's not some grandmaster chess wizard. He was a pawn the whole time.

Part of the problem with that is he was new and exciting and not Ganondorf, and then we got the most basic ass evil overlord there is to pick up the final act fresh off of Wind Waker making him a complex character for the first and only time in the series history.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Coldest hot take i've ever seen in this thread; I think the amount of people who actually like the Triforce Quest is below 10.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Vaati is the best Zelda villain

I wish Sakurai didn't hate Zelda so he could give us Vaati as a Zelda echo

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coldest hot take i've ever seen in this thread; I think the amount of people who actually like the Triforce Quest is below 10.

I don't mind one last chance at exploring the map collecting your fill of items and power ups (similar to Metroid Prime's artifact hunt being a victory lap to check all the rooms you missed) but it could have been implemented better and pottering about the Great Sea right as you're all prepped to fight Ganondorf is a pace killer.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Part of the problem with that is he was new and exciting and not Ganondorf, and then we got the most basic ass evil overlord there is to pick up the final act fresh off of Wind Waker making him a complex character for the first and only time in the series history.
Define complex.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You know what the greatest hot take is?

People should allowed to have an opinion of a game without having to put 'hot take' disclaimer before it because it's not a 'majority' opinion.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
The best stealth section in a Zelda game is the one in the Deku Palace gardens that you ignore and fly over because fuck that noise.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
You know what the greatest hot take is?

People should allowed to have an opinion of a game without having to put 'hot take' disclaimer before it because it's not a 'majority' opinion.
Can we still derisively dismiss other people's opinions as hot takes if we don't agree? That's the main utility I get out of the phrase tbh

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
The only Zelda game I ever finished was Breath of the Wild =^) ... I played many before, but I am lazy and dropped them all (Ocarina of Time, A Link to the Past, Twilight Princess, Zelda 1, Four Swords.. I even got to play Faces of Evil on real hardware back then lol)

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

A Ganondorf who tried to learn where he faltered in his previous plans, who ultimately came to realize his lust for power stemmed from his lot in life as ruler of the Gerudo and jealousy of Hyrule. Who, while still explicitly a villainous character, spoke like an actual human being and was absorbed in a toxic nostalgia for the kingdom he lost to the gods, refusing to let it go until his final moments are nothing but a completely mad bastard who needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

"I coveted that wind, I suppose" is a more impactful line of dialogue than every piece of Breath of the Wild's script.

if I wanted to play stealth I would play Metal Gear or Thief or whatever

Metal Gear sucks why can't I just shoot the bad guys

Who cares that Link is starting his journey by sequence breaking to the final boss, slips on all the banana peels and made meek and helpless in the face of overwhelming odds. Why does it matter that there's a triumphant return to the Forsaken Fortress when Link acquires the Master Sword and accomplishes the goal he started the journey for, culminating in murdering that fucking bird.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Codebadge generator was updated. The changes are designed so that picking a smaller list of characters is more intuitive. This took a while because I have no idea what I'm doing; I don't know if it worked because I have no idea what I'm doing, so feedback is appreciated. I'll attempt adding an autosorting assistant tomorrow, and deeper categories should work, but I'm already falling asleep, so I am postponing categorizing the data.
maybe you could implement it as three columns for wants-don't cares-hates, and you can drag from the don't cares column left or right to the other two instead of pulling everything through one large list? I feel like that would've been simpler for me to use when making my list
Who cares that Link is starting his journey by sequence breaking to the final boss, slips on all the banana peels and made meek and helpless in the face of overwhelming odds. Why does it matter that there's a triumphant return to the Forsaken Fortress when Link acquires the Master Sword and accomplishes the goal he started the journey for, culminating in murdering that fucking bird.
I don't care and it doesn't matter because I dropped the game before I got to that payoff

Last edited:

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
A Ganondorf who tried to learn where he faltered in his previous plans, who ultimately came to realize his lust for power stemmed from his lot in life as ruler of the Gerudo and jealousy of Hyrule. Who, while still explicitly a villainous character, spoke like an actual human being and was absorbed in a toxic nostalgia for the kingdom he lost to the gods, refusing to let it go until his final moments are nothing but a completely mad bastard who needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

"I coveted that wind, I suppose" is a more impactful line of dialogue than every piece of Breath of the Wild's script.
I honestly felt more from Breath of the Wild, Twilight Princess, and Skyward Sword, and I hate the act of playing Skyward Sword.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I really only like Majora's Mask, Skyward Sword, and Breath of the Wild all that much. Ocarina and Wind Waker are like decent but not amazing. I've never played TP.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Since I accidentally saw some weird ass hentai fetishizing Midna's feet, I have huge distate toward her (not her true form, the one she has during the whole game).
Never was a fan of her design anyway.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Since I accidentally saw some weird ass hentai fetishizing Midna's feet, I have huge distate toward her (not her true form, the one she has during the whole game).
Never was a fan of her design anyway.
...That's certainly a reason to hate a character separate from anything official, I guess?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ryce, Shinobi, anyone, leak fighter 5 and end our suffering

I was all excited when shinobi leaked Banjo but in hindsight I wish he hadn't. Even if that fucker Hero started the Direct I still had an expectation in the back of my mind that Banjo was coming, and sure enough.

Besides if history is any indication Nintendo will do it themselves.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I saw a drawing of Ratchet transforming into a diaper once and that's why I can never play Ratchet & Clank

Status
Not open for further replies.