• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you a believer for us getting a General Direct in January 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 258 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Armada is being an idiot about lack of Smash announcement.

I think people need to realize they Nintendo wouldn't say anything about no reveal because then people wouldn't have tune in to a show they want people to watch to support Geoff.
Dude stayed and up for a 3 hour presentation at 2 am for his timezone for total jackshit. He's allowed to be disappointed and his words aren't even all that scathing either

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
If Fighter 5 turns out to be a Capcom rep, you'd think that they would have dropped Dante at TGA.

Thus, Phoenix Wright is now at the top of the line for Capcom reps. He's too good for TGA :D

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
tbh I don't think we can really speculate about whether fighter 5 is "big" based on this.

fighter 5 will just be whatever they put out.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
At least the Muppets segment was cool.

The show was a nothingburger.. Smash or no Smash. ... I really wanted to leave caring about at least one thing from all the stuff they showed

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
tbh I don't think we can really speculate about whether fighter 5 is "big" based on this.

fighter 5 will just be whatever they put out.
I almost straight up think they will just put out the character and move on to FP2

Also welcome back where were you when Vin Diesel crushed our hopes and dreams?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
The Muppet Goose was the best part of the show.
I want this goose to return to every future Game Awards show; making a mess of things and trying to steal awards.

ELouTumXkAYWYPj

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
My main wish at this point is for Nintendo to announce #5 before it leaks, or they fuck up somewhere and leak it themselves.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
The Muppet Goose is even funnier when you realize that the entire skit is build-up for the Geese/GRIS pun.

That, friends, is how you commit to a bit.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
I'll be honest I think I'm going to stay out of these threads from now on. Or at least try to. lol

It's going to be a slog arguing over the same shit for another 2-3 months. The Verge deconfirm lists, Sabi's huge ego, the Western character bashing, even more KOS-MOS/Geno talk, the weird emotional drama. I've had enough of it. At least the Sethposting was funny. So see y'all.

Wake me when Hayabusa, Dante or whoever releases or is leaked for real.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I almost straight up think they will just put out the character and move on to FP2

Also welcome back where were you when Vin Diesel crushed our hopes and dreams?

I didn't want to make a big public scene out of it, but I took a break from Smash threads, and ERA in general, because I felt the toxic arguments were getting to a boiling point. And I played my part in contributing to that.

I came back earlier this week but mostly avoided the Smash thread. Sadly I came back just to see the Tories take the UK and I got mad again. I'll be here occasionally I think. Just. Chilling out.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
I'm honestly a bit relieved that nobody was revealed. We're still in suspense who's next, but I'm glad no showing at the TGAs dispelled all those "this character is too small to be shown" fake rules. It also means whoever it is can be literally anyone. There's no holding back now. And we know we're due for a reveal very soon. January the latest.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, now that the TGAs are behind us, I think things will settle down in here to an extent. People hyped themselves up for the TGAs on the assumption that there would be a Smash reveal when one was never guaranteed, and even Geoff warned that some things people thought would be at the show wouldn't be.

Now, it's just a matter of waiting for what will likely be an early or mid-January Direct (just in time to promote TMS).

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't want to make a big public scene out of it, but I took a break from Smash threads, and ERA in general, because I felt the toxic arguments were getting to a boiling point. And I played my part in contributing to that.

I came back earlier this week but mostly avoided the Smash thread. Sadly I came back just to see the Tories take the UK and I got mad again. I'll be here occasionally I think. Just. Chilling out.
Yeah I feel you. Honestly Pokémon has been one of the best things to happen in a while as now I'm a lot more rejuvenated for Smash.

So I'm here mad chilling with Pokémon and Smash alongside starting an Emerald Nuzlocke that's going very well, finished my semester and on break, and having hope DLC 5 could be an
XC2 character and could pop up around my birthday and even if they aren't DLC 5 I can start having hope for them for FP2

With that said sucks for UK and I hope things get better for them even if it might not be likely soon

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I bought Travis Strikes Again as part of the TGA sale. I suppose I have to ask my brother to dig up his old No More Heroes games for the Wii.

(Why are these games not on modern consoles?)

lambdaupsilon

Apr 17, 2018
please fp5 be a girl that doesn't incorporate sex appeal at all

which narrows it down to, like... arle, reimu, and, idk, estelle maybe? sakura? uh..... ruby heart?
(i would like xc2, but, it's not a good position if that's your only character. and that'd be just a bit above kazooie)

Status
Not open for further replies.