• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Why do y'all reckon they went with this reveal strategy this time around, by the way? They could easily have either revealed the character earlier or just waited until next month and shadow-dropped it, but they're going with the "it's a mystery!" spectacle probably less than a month from release, instead. They just want to mix it up?
It's the final character in the Fighters Pass. There was bound to be hype around this regardless, so they might as well milk it.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Why do y'all reckon they went with this reveal strategy this time around, by the way? They could easily have either revealed the character earlier or just waited until next month and shadow-dropped it, but they're going with the "it's a mystery!" spectacle probably less than a month from release, instead. They just want to mix it up?
Hell they could shadow drop the charcter

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
They've never announced and released almost immediately after a character this time, but each time there was a character presentation, the character was either shadowdropped or released the day after.
So I would say they wanted to "shadowdrop" the character (or announce it a day or so before it's release) for the last one. I expect him to release friday.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least Byleth has a whip sword, that could be cool.

Don't compromise with them. That's how they get their hooks in you.

First it's "oh well as long as the sword is different". Before long you're becoming accepting of more blue haired dorks, and eventually you start to actively hope for more Fire Emblem characters.

Oct 27, 2017
There's been a LOT of restlessness in the community for this reveal (90% of us thought FP5 was gonna be revealed at TGA more than a month ago), and if they don't actually have a full direct lined up for this month they might have decided to throw us a bone and have an exclusive Smash reveal.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I wouldn't like lose my shit over Byleth (in a good way, or in a bad way) but the worst idea I've heard is giving them a Divine Pulse recovery where they just rewind time by a few seconds. People really don't think about balancing lmao

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I don't think they're going to do a big Sakurai breakdown and then keep the character for February. I imagine that they'll be released shortly. I hope.

Don't compromise with them. That's how they get their hooks in you.

First it's "oh well as long as the sword is different". Before long you're becoming accepting of more blue haired dorks, and eventually you start to actively hope for more Fire Emblem characters.
As someone who is almost consistently abused for wanting things nobody else does, compromise is all I can do. I don't want SmashFam to shun me anymore.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
dq6NL7I.jpg

Byleth likes dogs. If you are anti-Byleth, you are also anti-dogs. Think carefully.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they're going to do a big Sakurai breakdown and then keep the character for February. I imagine that they'll be released shortly. I hope.

As someone who is almost consistently abused for wanting things nobody else does, compromise is all I can do. I don't want SmashFam to shun me anymore.

As a noble and wise sage once said:

"If the world chooses to become my enemy, I will fight like I always have."

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Hello, new thread. Might as well link this for the first page.
www.resetera.com

Dear Sakurai, Nintendo, & Bandai Namco: Representation Matters (My Hopes for Smash Ultimate's Future DLC) #DiversityForSmash

Since we recently got confirmation of a 2nd season of Smash Ultimate DLC & it's looking like the Fighters Pass is gonna be all guys, I thought I should bring forward one of my longer posts from the Smash speculation thread in hopes that it raises awareness of the current problem plaguing Smash...
Please give us a woman or a person of color (or both) on Thursday, Sakurai.

1st reply on point .. I've a bad feeling when they do get round to adding a female rep itll be some creepy fan service like pyra or 2b tho:/

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Nintendo be like "what if you finally played that fine game, Tokyo Mirage Sessions ?"
But then "actually, fuck that shit. How about playing the newcommer in Smash this friday ?"

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I hope FP5 is just Reimu, inexplicably, out of nowhere, and Sakurai spends the entire Smash presentation attempting to demonstrate her origins and dying repeatedly in a Touhou game. Then the stream just cuts off.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Fun fact, the stream's Youtube page includes the tags "Action, adventure, and RPG" do with this what you will.
"keywords\":[\"nintendo\",\"play\",\"play nintendo\",\"game\",\"gameplay\",\"fun\",\"video game\",\"kids\",\"action\",\"adventure\",\"rpg\"]

Zeroth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If there's one thing I'm eternally grateful of over the course of this entire speculation cycle, it's that Sakurai has better ideas for characters than the fans do.
B-but that one obscure character from a RPG from the 90s is a great fit over characters with a decade of games and history and a much bigger fanbase!!!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Fun fact, the stream's Youtube page includes the tags "Action, adventure, and RPG" do with this what you will.
"keywords\":[\"nintendo\",\"play\",\"play nintendo\",\"game\",\"gameplay\",\"fun\",\"video game\",\"kids\",\"action\",\"adventure\",\"rpg\"]
My mind is going a mile a minute

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Just checked out the Hero presentation's source code and all of those are there, too.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Clearly this means we're getting three characters, one for each genre. Clearly.

Link_enfant

One Winged Slayer
Jan 20, 2018
France
I haven't played a single DMC game, please sell me how cool Dante would be (without spoiling the games ofc)
Cause currently I can't help but feel he'd be a little bit redundant as a kind of mix between Bayonetta and Joker, both gameplay-wise and design-wise.
He looks cool though, but I need more than that to be hyped by his possible inclusion.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played a single DMC game, please sell me how cool Dante would be (without spoiling the games ofc)
Cause currently I can't help but feel he'd be a little bit redundant as a kind of mix between Bayonetta and Joker, both gameplay-wise and design-wise.
He looks cool though, but I need more than that to be hyped by his possible inclusion.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
It won't happen but I would be super curious if the hate for Nero would come back if he was chosen over Dante for the possible spot.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
It won't happen but I would be super curious if the hate for Nero would come back if he was chosen over Dante for the possible spot.
I think the hate for Nero was like the hate for Raiden, in that it disappeared once he turned into a cool cyborg and got a better hair cut in a future game.

Status
Not open for further replies.