• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gleethor

Oct 25, 2017
Dot Matrix with stereo sound
I had a dream that it was Byleth and he was super boring. His forward Smash was the only whip move, his side b was the same as corrin's for some reason. He came with 3 different Garreg Mach stages, each a different season but the only new music was Kirby music.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
i'd almost be willing to avatar bet that it's not dante...depending on who bets against me that is
Why do y'all reckon they went with this reveal strategy this time around, by the way? They could easily have either revealed the character earlier or just waited until next month and shadow-dropped it, but they're going with the "it's a mystery!" spectacle probably less than a month from release, instead. They just want to mix it up?
probably because it's the final fighter in the pass

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Sakurai must be sitting at his desk right now just like:

"Do these dumbos on Twitter really think we'd reveal Dante or Sora at 6 AM pacific? It's going to be a shitstorm on Thursday when Fighter 5 is revealed to be ________."

For real though, as other people have pointed out, this is pretty much the reverse of the TGA situation. I can feel my false hopes for Phoenix Wright and Kiryu rising, even though they're just going to be crushed.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Sakurai must be sitting at his desk right now just like:

"Do these dumbos on Twitter really think we'd reveal Dante or Sora at 6 AM pacific? It's going to be a shitstorm on Thursday when Fighter 5 is revealed to be ________."

For real though, as other people have pointed out, this is pretty much the reverse of the TGA situation. I can feel my false hopes for Phoenix Wright and Kiryu rising, even though they're just going to be crushed.
After mercilessly making fun of people for reading too much into Sakurai's tweets for months now...

That "oracle" line really screams that it's someone super obscure to me

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
That "oracle" line really screams that it's someone super obscure to me
When I looked up the Japanese word he uses for "oracle," yogensha (which is apparently more properly translated as "prophet"), the first result was a Naruto link. Pack it up, boys, he's in.

Actually, if we're reading into the word "prophet," it kind of points to KOS-MOS' wacky pseudo-historic origins.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
When I looked up the Japanese word he uses for "oracle," yogensha (which is apparently more properly translated as "prophet"), the first result was a Naruto link. Pack it up, boys, he's in.

Actually, if we're reading into the word "prophet," it kind of points to KOS-MOS' wacky pseudo-historic origins.
Or Saber's Arthurian Fantasy Origins.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Watching/listening to the GameXplain discussion, and they have the Terry presentation on. And remember the silly input explanations that Sakurai did?

Terry_Reactions.jpg

What are the odds his "three finger" gesture is that sort of thing?

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't sound like the guys at Gamexplain knew why people expect Dante.
Don't really agree with their it's a Nintendo character notion but it's their opinion.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

There's only one shonen protagonist that can see into the future

HE'S IN
Monkey_D_Luffy.png

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If they end with Dante, there's basically no way future Passes can surpass the hype of this one (for me!).

But I'm not expecting anybody in particular. I want to be open minded.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
If they end with Dante, there's basically no way future Passes can surpass the hype of this one (for me!).

But I'm not expecting anybody in particular. I want to be open minded.
Meanwhile, if they end with Phoenix (and they won't), I can pretty much go through however many other characters end up happening in a state of serene, transcendental bliss. They could add Steve at that point and I don't think I could bring myself to complain.

I do draw the line at Jonesy, though. No amount of goodwill can allow that.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Watching/listening to the GameXplain discussion, and they have the Terry presentation on. And remember the silly input explanations that Sakurai did?

Terry_Reactions.jpg

What are the odds his "three finger" gesture is that sort of thing?
Zero, IMO. I don't think they are going to hint at anything before the reveal, no matter how obscure it is.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd take Edelgard over Byleth and I have no love for the character. Time to have an axe wielder in Smash.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I'm kind of taking the oracle line to sort of vaguely mean it's a hard to guess character but that's about it.

mreastman

Prophet of Truth
Jan 2, 2018
Direct is 1/16, the day before 1/17.
He mentions Oracle, 343 Guilty Spark is an Oracle.

Master Chief confirmed And released Friday

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Honestly, the more times I read that line, I imagine Sakurai doing it specifically because everyone is wrong and he's laughing to himself about it.

Which means...we need to go deeper.

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do think it's interesting that they translated that into English the way they did ("Can any oracles out there guess who it will be in one go?")

it's a bit of an awkward phrasing and maybe there's a reason they wanted to convey it like that

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Will there be a way to access the YouTube video in the morning without a thumbnail/related videos spoiling it for me? I'll probably wake up and watch it on my treadmill but I don't want the thumbnail to show me Goku going Super Saiyan.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I'm going to assume the oracle line is just a direct call-out to people like Vergeben and Sabi just so I can feel smugly satisfied against random people on the internet.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
Dante is the most boring opton for me, I hate his character design and 'personality', plus we already have Bayonetta.

Where is Steve from Minecraft, Sakurai?

Status
Not open for further replies.