• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
If the kinda-sorta thing is valid I'm guessing Geno it's the only thing that makes sense of that. Sakura even stated years ago that he wanted to include Geno in Smash. Ultimate is the Smash of dreams he satiated the demands of Ridley fans. Geno is probably next.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
she'd also be in a good game for once :V

I mean...

Accolades

Nier: Automata was nominated for "Best Storytelling" and "PlayStation Game of the Year" at the 35th Annual Golden Joystick Awards,[83][84] and for "Best International Game" at the 2017 Ping Awards,[85] while at The Game Awards 2017, the game won the award for "Best Score/Music" and was nominated for "Best Narrative" and "Best Role-Playing Game".[72] At IGN's Best of 2017 Awards, the game received nominations for "Game of the Year",[86] "Best PlayStation 4 Game",[87] "Best RPG",[88] "Best Story",[89] and "Best Original Music" (the latter for which it became a runner-up).[90] The game also won the award for "Best PS4 Game" at Destructoid's Game of the Year Awards 2017.[91] It won the "Best Shopkeeper" award for the character Emil and the "Best Music", "Best Moment or Sequence" (Route E), and "Best Story" awards, in addition to runner-up for the "Best New Character" award for the character Pascal and "Game of the Year" at Giant Bomb's Game of the Year 2017 Awards.[92][93][94][95][96] PC Gamer awarded the game "Best Action Game", whereas its other nominations were for "Best Story", "Best Mod" for FAR: Fix Automata Resolution, "Breakout Game of the Year", and "Game of the Year".[97][98] The game came 1st in a top 10 countdown of Best Games of 2017 by Wired Magazine.[99] Polygon ranked the game 4th on their Game of the Year countdown and in their list of the 50 best games of 2017,[100][101] GamesRadar+ ranked it 15th in their list of the 25 best games of 2017,[102] GameSpot ranked it 10th,[103] and Eurogamer ranked the game 36th on their list of the "Top 50 Games of 2017",[104] while EGMNow ranked it tenth on their list of the 25 Best Games of 2017.[105] The Verge named it one of their 15 Best Games of 2017.[106] GamesRadar ranked the game 9th in their list of "30 best PS4 games".[107]

The game won the award for "Best Sidekick" (9S) and "Best Soundtrack" in Game Informer's 2017 RPG of the Year Awards, while in their Reader's Choice Best of 2017 Awards, it came in third place for both "Best Sony Game" and "Best Role-Playing Game".[108][109][110] The game was nominated for the Big Apple Award for Best Game of the Year and the Herman Melville Award for Best Writing at the New York Game Awards 2018.[111] It was also nominated for "Best Audio", "Best Design", and "Game of the Year" while winning the "Audience Award" at the 18th annual Game Developers Choice Awards;[112][113] and won the "Role-Playing Game of the Year" award at the 21st Annual D.I.C.E. Awards.[114][115] In addition, it won the awards for "Excellence in Musical Score" and "Excellence in Technical Achievement" at the 2018 SXSW Gaming Awards, whereas its other nominations were for "Excellence in Visual Achievement", "Excellence in Art", "Excellence in Design", and "Video Game of the Year".[116][117] At the 17th Annual National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers Awards, the game was nominated for "Character Design"; "Game Design, Franchise"; "Game of the Year"; and "Writing in a Drama",[118] and won in "Camera Direction in a Game Engine" and "Original Dramatic Score, Franchise".[119] It also won the award for "Best Audio" at the Italian Video Game Awards, whereas its other nominations were for "Game of the Year", "Best Art Direction", and "Best Game Design";[120] it was also nominated for "Game Design" and "Game Innovation" at the 14th British Academy Games Awards,[121][122] and for "Xbox Game of the Year" at the 36th Annual Golden Joystick Awards.[123] At the Famitsu Awards, it won the Excellence Prize.[1 24]

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Hey guys, I just want to let you know that if the character is miraculously on neither of our favorite "leakers'" disconfirmation lists, you can look forward to a wonderful outpouring of HAHA I TOLD YOU SO! posts, come Thursday. :)
This is why everyone should join with me in welcoming Dante since it is the character Sabi most recently "deconfirmed" and so the hardest for them to walk back if he's announced.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I can't believe a Dragalia Lost character is getting in Smash. And I just started stanning yesterday!

This is too much power.

Deleted member 14939

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's so in.

450px-100001_08_r05_portrait.png

Oh yeah! Forgot about Dragalia! Elisanne though please!

(but really Melody)

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo single-handedly resurrected Final Fantasy when they brought the Playstation games to the Switch, thus making Tifa relevant again

Tifa confirmed

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I know he'd be counted as totally first-party by anyone who wasn't being needlessly pedantic, but it does annoy me that Porky is technically not 100% owned by Nintendo as far as I'm aware and would therefore count as "kinda sorta" first-party.

The description is so close to the dream.

(Nintendo would have to be fucking insane to save him for last, though).

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I know this is the Smash community, but don't run with that, lol

But yeah, not KOS MOS, maybe further down the road

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Bayonetta was the example used.

Honestly I'm not putting too much stock into it. Zippo said that was just a guess made with a tiny bit of info.
Bayo was in a Platinum game published by Nintendo, Wonder Red is in a Platinum game published by Nintendo.

The stars are aligning, some of you are just too blind to see it

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Plot twist: the Astral Chain spirit event was a red herring all along, they played 4D chess with us!

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Travis Touchdown No More Heroes deserves to be in for this song alone

vqYW3v9.gif

edit: oops i wanted to post in the other thread sorry

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I'd only use "kinda sorta Nintendo character" to describe someone owned by a third-party whose games have been published by Nintendo, like Bayonetta or Banjo & Kazooie. Geno fits the bill. It feels like a copout to stretch such a vague label any further.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I'd only use "kinda-sorta Nintendo character" to describe someone owned by a third-party whose games have been published by Nintendo, like Bayonetta or Banjo & Kazooie. Geno fits the bill. It feels like a copout to stretch such a vague label any further.
I disagree - i think Dragila Lost also makes perfect sense fitting that label since Eduen is a collabrative charcter between Nintendo and Cygames making him both a Nintendo and Cygames charcter so he fists that bill.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I think we're mostly just spitballing because it's fun to speculate based on a theme.

Just kidding, your word is now law, and there's no escape.

Uh oh

Well that's expected lol

Too bad though. Would have been rad
I know you're trying to make me feel better but it won't work man haha

Still possible. Remember, we're just talking about the very next fighter here haha.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
A guess with a tiny bit of information. Don't think about it too hard, though.

I'd love Dante, and I can very much see him being a future character, but not as fighter 5, unfortunately.
Do you think the last character could be a woman (or a person of color, or both)?

Deleted member 6122

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd only use "kinda sorta Nintendo character" to describe someone owned by a third-party whose games have been published by Nintendo, like Bayonetta or Banjo & Kazooie. Geno fits the bill. It feels like a copout to stretch such a vague label any further.
Either this or a character whose games have appeared only on Nintendo Systems despite Nintendo not publishing. Someone like Professor Layton?

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Mother 3 was developed by Brownie Brown and HAL and published by Nintendo. Checkmate.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I just have a hard time imagining Geno being FP#5

Up to this point, we've gotten nothing but all new IPs that have never been in Smash before. It's just extremely weird to have a season pass consist 4/5 of that and then the other 1/5 being a character from an already represented IP and is also already repped with a spirit. That and it's odd to have 2/5 of the pass dedicated to Square-Enix.

Something just isn't adding up here.

Deleted member 51982

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Geno would kinda be my prediction to be honest with that kind of info

I can see why someone could twist Travis into "kinda sorta" Nintendo character though; the only reason TSA and NMH3 are a thing right now is - by Suda's admission - because of Nintendo. Plus, the very few games that have been multiplat in the series had nothing to do with Grasshopper.
There are only 4 games in the series, half of which are multiplat. The NMH1 port Heroes' Paradise was done without Suda's involvement, but the TSA PS4/PC port was done in house by Grasshopper although it was very clearly an afterthought. There wasn't a Steam entry until October 2018 and it took a year to get it out the door. Given the all the Nintendo content in the original release, it was most likely supposed to be an exclusive, but Marvelous reserved the right for ports as co-owner and I suspect Grasshopper agreed to help raise funds for NMHIII, but the bulk of the funds are most likely from Nintendo as Grasshopper is self-publishing III in NA and most likely PAL regions where Nintendo is distributing/advertising. I would think Marvelous reserved rights to porting III as well, but given the poor sales of the TSA ports and the degree to which Suda wants to integrate joycons I'm less certain they'll follow through, especially since the scope is larger and most likely more costly. Even then, NMH is seen as a defacto Nintendo exclusive. Anecdotally speaking, I see people comment all the time that they're unaware of the ports and even people who should know better assume Travis is Nintendo. Arlo included him in his Nintendo predictions for 2020.

TMaakkonen

Oct 26, 2017
Waluigi's time is coming

- Massive fan demand before DLC was finalized
- Nintendo chose the DLC, aka they forced to put Waluigi in the end
- Was originally going to be last character, fitting as a butt of a joke
- Last reveals are often not exciting and for some reason some people would feel down on him
- GameXplain are TOTALLY SECRETLY INSIDERS /s and they predict first parties, but feel pessimistic, while only slightly mention him in prediction, as if trying to avoid him
- 3 fingers = W
- Color theory is apparently a thing and he has Brownish shoes (color is Brown from Sakurai's arm reflecting Brown of a poster?)
- They couldnt possible reveal fucking Waluigi at VGAs

The Wahpening is happening

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
So earlier today everyone was convinced it was Dante.

Now everyone is convinced it's Geno.

I expect that to change several times within the next day and a half.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Up to this point, we've gotten nothing but all new IPs that have never been in Smash before. It's just extremely weird to have a season pass consist 4/5 of that and then the other 1/5 being a character from an already represented IP and is also already repped with a spirit. That and it's odd to have 2/5 of the pass dedicated to Square-Enix.

Yeah, Geno will be a bonus or in Season 2.
So earlier today everyone was convinced it was Dante.

Now everyone is convinced it's Geno.

I expect that to change several times within the next day and a half.
Y'all are turncoats
I'm standing by my man

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Dread it.

Run from it.

Geno still arrives.

Aug 12, 2019
So there's still hope.....do I dare to dream?

I mean, there's still in hope in absolutely nothing has changed despite there being an announcement today. A more diverse character choice is exactly as likely as it was 7 hours ago and nothing substantial has come out, and "kind of/sort of a first party" is basically nothing information wise.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Euden could have a cool twist on the Smash moveset. He could have Focus Attacks by holding the A button with the stick on neutral which could go in 8 directions, Blazing Circlet as his Neutral B for a quick get off me, he could drop buff zones for himself/his doubles partner and maybe even Notte could help.

And that's without getting into the whole Dragon meter/turning into a dragon gimmick.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I seriously doubt this one's getting leaked before Thursday, though. I think Nintendo's getting better with keeping these characters under lock and key.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Kinda sorta Nintendo character."

Not sure who that'd be.

Travis is multiplatform but his main games are heavily associated with Nintendo and NMH3 is Switch exclusive.

Not sure who else could fall under that banner.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I seriously doubt this one's getting leaked before Thursday, though. I think Nintendo's getting better with keeping these characters under lock and key.
Well, beyond Nintendo fucking up on their own end (see the SNK leak). Though that won't stop the "leakers" (who I won't name) from trying to cash in on the hype for clout.

Status
Not open for further replies.