• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Just as a topping on this shitcake, the main character in that game is voiced by none other than Chris "Kirbopher" Niosi

(AKA the asshole that actually almost got into Smash Bros. before getting BTFO'd at the last minute)
If anything good came out of Byleth getting in Smash (outside of the music), it's that Chris Niosi was served a massive slice of karma pie.

No, fuck the slice, he got the whole damn thing thrown right in his face.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Wasn't the guy that made this, like,

Really really not a great guy actually?

Gonna take that as a yes LOL
It's weird because the game itself (clumsily) tries very hard to be ultra-woke. Like there's a major plot point that the authorities won't take the alien abductions seriously because they've only happened to minorities so far and the police only care when white people disappear.

But then the creator was like promoting his game on The Dick Show. It was very strange.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird because the game itself (clumsily) tries very hard to be ultra-woke. Like there's a major plot point that the authorities won't take the alien abductions seriously because they've only happened to minorities so far and the police only care when white people disappear.

But then the creator was like promoting his game on The Dick Show. It was very strange.
When catering to on audience doesn't get results(because it sucked) veer hard right.

Reminds me of someplace I used to know.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Just as a topping on this shitcake, the main character in that game is voiced by none other than Chris "Kirbopher" Niosi

(AKA the asshole that actually almost got into Smash Bros. before getting BTFO'd at the last minute)
Shoutout to Kirbophart breaking NDA to brag about how he'd probably voice act for Smash being part of the reason he got booted.

You know, that and him being an abusive asshole.

Considering the apparent redpill ending he was hyping up, maybe he thought acting woke would get a woman in his pants or something and then started melting down when it wasn't working.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I think we might get a Hollow Knight mii outfit. That's a very popular indie game that has had great success on switch.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Melpomene - this is the last one I can do for now, sorry to everyone else waiting!

j2X6URp.png

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
For indie Mii Costumes, I'm thinking

Hollow Knight
Ori (not really an indie but still)
Shovel Knight
Cadence (Crypt of the Necrodancer)
Shantae

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Cadence makes the most sense out of any indie character for a Mii costume simply because she has close ties to a Nintendo IP now.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Cadence makes the most sense out of any indie character for a Mii costume simply because she has close ties to a Nintendo IP now.
I'm not saying we won't see Cadence, but Sans and Cuphead weren't particularly close to Nintendo and they were selected first. I think it seems to be more about the most recognizable indies, which is why my guess would be:

The Knight (+ Hornet pls Sakurai)
Isaac
Steve
Spelunky dude
Shovel Knight

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I'm not saying we won't see Cadence, but Sans and Cuphead weren't particularly close to Nintendo and they were selected first. I think it seems to be more about the most recognizable indies, which is why my guess would be:

The Knight
Isaac
Steve
Spelunky dude
Shovel Knight
Isaac would be terrifying

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

The Knight (+ Hornet pls Sakurai)
Isaac
Steve
Spelunky dude
Shovel Knight
Isaac would make for an absolutely hideous and horrendous Mii costume.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
No need to charge .75 USD for a Mii Costume when you can charge 5.99 USD for a character instead.
Yeah but a Mii costume can be shat out by an intern over a weekend which is still more effort than Notch put into designing Steve originally.

Isaac would be terrifying
Isaac would make for an absolutely hideous and horrendous Mii costume.
Plus as a gunner he would cry out of his hand.

Now I really want him.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised they charged .75 cents for those sans and Cuphead outfits.

Felt they've could've round to a dollar and on one would complain.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I already included my prediction list on my wish lineup before; but I think some combination of these work:
  • Cadence
  • Shovel Knight
  • Shantae
  • The Knight
  • Madeline
  • Kris
  • Filia
  • Commander Video

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
You know, I kinda feel like these indie costumes are deserving of their own reveal splashscreens.

I mean, if the Geno costume managed to get one for Smash 4; why not, right?

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
The only Mii costume I really want is Adol and that's only if he comes with music.

Preferably this one:

Or this one:

Or this one:

Or every song. That would be nice.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Random thought I had earlier today: So we just got done with 5 characters over the course of a year and now we move on to 6 characters over the course of two years. It makes me think that maybe Sakurai will do something just a tiny bit extra to make the wait easier.

I'm thinking something simple like two bonus echo fighters, one each year. My best guess would be that these would be echoes in the same vein as Dark Samus and Daisy, nearly or totally identical to their base fighter in terms of moves and stats but having modified animations. The two that come to mind as easiest to implement would be

Octolings
Gooigi

It's also entirely possible that one or two of the 6 newcomers will have an echo of themselves added with them. Getting the roster up from 88 total to the nice even 90 would be a great place to leave things once development ends. Then, when Switch 2 launches in 2023, Ultimate Deluxe will be a launch or first year title with an extra 10 fighters pushing the character select screen to the magical 100.

In any event, I can't shake the feeling that Sakurai will find a way to do something extra over the next two years cause he's kind of a masochist. I could be completely off base of course.

Anyway, if you had to pick just two more echo fighters to throw in before the end of Ultimate's lifespan, who would they be?

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Random thought I had earlier today: So we just got done with 5 characters over the course of a year and now we move on to 6 characters over the course of two years. It makes me think that maybe Sakurai will do something just a tiny bit extra to make the wait easier.

I'm thinking something simple like two bonus echo fighters, one each year. My best guess would be that these would be echoes in the same vein as Dark Samus and Daisy, nearly or totally identical to their base fighter in terms of moves and stats but having modified animations. The two that come to mind as easiest to implement would be

Octolings
Gooigi

It's also entirely possible that one or two of the 6 newcomers will have an echo of themselves added with them. Getting the roster up from 88 total to the nice even 90 would be a great place to leave things once development ends. Then, when Switch 2 launches in 2023, Ultimate Deluxe will be a launch or first year title with an extra 10 fighters pushing the character select screen to the magical 100.

In any event, I can't shake the feeling that Sakurai will find a way to do something extra over the next two years cause he's kind of a masochist. I could be completely off base of course.

Anyway, if you had to pick just two more echo fighters to throw in before the end of Ultimate's lifespan, who would they be?
Gooigi is already in the game in Luigi's final smash.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

Octolings
Gooigi

I think it's more likely that we see four echo fighters; two per year and enough to fill the internal character slot limit and make the CSS a perfect rectangle with either stacking option.

Octoling is by far the safest option for some bonus echo fighters though.

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
I think it's more likely that we see four echo fighters; two per year and enough to fill the internal character slot limit and make the CSS a perfect rectangle with either stacking option.

Octoling is by far the safest option for some bonus echo fighters though.

That would make complete sense actually now that you mention it. So 92 makes a perfect rectangle either way? Sign me up for rectangle CSS theory.

Last edited:

Xwing

Nov 11, 2017
If we only get one, who should it be?
Doom Slayer or Master Chief?

I honestly want both cause they've both contributed massively to the advancement of video games as a medium in different ways and would be happy if either got in, but spending a massive chunk of my teenage and young adult life engrained in the Halo community, I of course would pick Chief if there could be only one.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
That would make complete sense actually now that mention it. So 92 makes a perfect rectangle either way? Sign me up for rectangle CSS theory.
Yeah; the currently announced characters already make the stacked echo CSS a perfect rectangle; so four more echo fighters would make both rectangles, and also fill up the remaining internal character slots.

By the official character count used by the website and other sources (which counts Pokémon Trainer as one) you'll even get that sweet 90 fighter count you wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.