• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

theosmeo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
byleth in only a weeeeek!!!! even tho im not too hype about the character(will probably only lab for an hour and then play some friendlies for another 3 or so) im pretty jazzed for all the new stuff and also the rebalances

does anyone have any characters on a nerf/buff wishlist?

i kinda wanna see sonic get a few buffs to his primary tools and a bit of an overhaul, maybe buff airspeed fix uair not working/make nair a better options. In exchange they could make it so neither spindash goes through shield regardless of charge so hed be less evasive more rushdowny

buffs for isabelle that arent just changes to her fishing rod would be nice also LOL

and maybe a universal change like making swords easier to parry and give more time to punish because swords in general are so strong and safe against shields in this game

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
byleth in only a weeeeek!!!! even tho im not too hype about the character(will probably only lab for an hour and then play some friendlies for another 3 or so) im pretty jazzed for all the new stuff and also the rebalances

does anyone have any characters on a nerf/buff wishlist?

i kinda wanna see sonic get a few buffs to his primary tools and a bit of an overhaul, maybe buff airspeed fix uair not working/make nair a better options. In exchange they could make it so neither spindash goes through shield regardless of charge so hed be less evasive more rushdowny

buffs for isabelle that arent just changes to her fishing rod would be nice also LOL

and maybe a universal change like making swords easier to parry and give more time to punish because swords in general are so strong and safe against shields in this game

Fix/buff Zelda nuetral air
Fix Samus's jab
Fix Captain Falcon's turn around and jab

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Random thought I had earlier today: So we just got done with 5 characters over the course of a year and now we move on to 6 characters over the course of two years. It makes me think that maybe Sakurai will do something just a tiny bit extra to make the wait easier.
Yeah, he's gonna start to go into pre-planning for whatever his post-Ultimate project is.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I hope Joker gets multiple nerfs and just about everyone else get multiple buffs. Specifically - Lucas, Isabelle, Plant, Duck Hunt

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Buff Kirby's air speed

and give him new specials that aren't all trash

and make his D-Tilt the slide kick like it always should have been

I hope Joker doesn't get nerfed too much.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
Most of the characters I like are mid-tier and that's where I want 'em.

Joker can stay where he is though, because I don't want to risk making him less fun to play, thanks.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Please let Banjo's Utilt hit everyone in front of him. Snake's already better in every way. Just let me hit people please.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
In that vein; they should buff Chibi-Robo. Maybe make him more like his SSF2 appearance ;)
They should just add all the SSF2 characters that are missing from Ultimate.

Now that would be a perfect game.

Bandana Dee
Isaac
Chibi-Robo
Tails
Bomberman
Black Mage
Sora
Lloyd
Goku
Luffy
Naruto
Ichigo
Waluigi
Crystal
Rayman
Sandbag

You may not like it, but this is what an ideal fighting game season pass looks like.

rayngiraffe

Dec 11, 2018
If we only get one, who should it be?
Doom Slayer or Master Chief?
Putting my own bias aside (who am i kidding. I'm really bad at this) - absolutely MC. History alone doesn't make the first pick - sonic/snake/cloud/ryu weren't chosen because they had history, they were chosen because they're the absolute icons of the industry. We didn't get DQ/FF first despite them having history on their side, and i don't see why it would be different here. I believe Ryce's VF/tekken (or dota/lol) comparison is more fitting - VF kickstarted the whole thing but tekken is largely seen as the bigger get.

That said there are a lot of factors that go into these kinds of decision making so i understand if something else happens.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
They should just add all the SSF2 characters that are missing from Ultimate.

Now that would be a perfect game.

Bandana Dee
Isaac
Chibi-Robo
Tails
Bomberman
Black Mage
Sora
Lloyd
Goku
Luffy
Naruto
Ichigo
Waluigi
Crystal
Rayman
Sandbag

You may not like it, but this is what an ideal fighting game season pass looks like.
Just sub out the worst shounen protagonist for Phoenix and I'm in.

Everyone can now fight over which is the worst.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Just let me bask in the salt of Byleth winning even a single major. That's the dream.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he's gonna start to go into pre-planning for whatever his post-Ultimate project is.
I'm rolling a mental roulette wheel imagining what in the world we're gonna be in for if he isn't locked into an infinite Smash loop, TBH.

Half of it is him bailing and making a crossplatform/competitor exclusive title

Very very very slightly less than half is him making another Nintendo exclusive game again

Teeny tiny sliver I not-so-secretly want it to land on is he changed his mind on both his more straightforward statements and his greater sentiments on sequelization and actually does feel like making another Kid Icarus game again.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just let me bask in the salt of Byleth winning even a single major. That's the dream.
Honestly by that point I think people would stop caring about them being in the game. This might be an issue if they're agreed upon to be OP and he immediately wins majors but even Joker was able to win a couple majors before people called foul.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai has only once worked on a non-Nintendo platform, and it was for an arcade game
True, but most of that time he was either employed by Hal or working on a Smash Bros title.

Personally I'd kinda prefer he stuck to Nintendo platforms just because the first party selections on other platforms aren't really doing it for me right now, but the possibility sticks in my mind that he might wander off.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see a character reveal happening before E3. We're getting six characters within the next two years which means the schedule has slowed down pretty significantly.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see a character reveal happening before E3. We're getting six characters within the next two years which means the schedule has slowed down pretty significantly.
The window is "by the end of 2021." They aren't promising anything regarding the pace of releases other than all six characters will be released before the end of next year. They could release the final character months before their advertised deadline.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I mean there were only three character announcements last year and they were clumped into four months. It makes sense for them to be more spread out.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I'm finally back at a computer to keep doing these; won't take any more requests for now though, i've already got a few to catch up on! Anyway...

Neoxon
WRbWz2E.png

and Melpomene ; I realised I messed up Reimu on your one, so I went back to fix it :)
fU4qIU7.png

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
I'd be ever so slightly annoyed if they decided to sell a product with none of its contents known for almost six months. I feel like they have to throw us a bone by April at least, no matter what the release schedule looks like.

Oh, and thanks again MondoMega!

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
They sell FP2 up to five and a half months ahead of any information being revealed, but I still can't pre-order Animal Crossing on the eShop less than two months before it's released.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
People thinking we'll have to wait for E3. Do you think they'll announce two characters there?

Status
Not open for further replies.