• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
I like Ys but I can't muster any sort of hype for Adol as a full character.

Estelle is just so much better in pretty much every respect. She can bring Ys music with her too.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
The sad thing is I could have had "Twinbee" music in Smash already if they had included music from Streetpass Squad:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
Of course, I saved a very special one for last: Strat

AzCpn9U.png

My quest is now complete.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Also, when are we getting the Cheetahmen Mii costume that comes with an arrangement of the GOAT theme?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be okay with a new Pokémon, not only cause this new gen's designs are absolutely godlike (and because Toxtricity is obviously a lock), but because the music is some of the best in a Pokémon game ever and we'd get some bangers on actual tournament legal stages.

If I got this in Smash, I'd be set.

And get this in for the OhMyDogs in chat.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
How would you feel if these were the 8 costumes for Monster Hunter?
  1. Female Hunter with Rathalos armor (Default)
  2. Male Hunter with Rathalos armor
  3. Female Hunter with Kirin armor
  4. Male Hunter with Kirin armor
  5. Female Hunter with Zinogre X armor
  6. Male Hunter with Zinogre X armor
  7. Female Hunter with Nergigante armor
  8. Male Hunter with Nergigante armor

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Reposting this from the Direct thread:

K. Rool appears in the officially licensed DK calender

EOrY5e9W4AAiHJX.jpg

I was beginning to worry that K. Rool's revival was just going to be limited to Smash Bros., so it's nice to see him be acknowledged in an official piece of merchandise like this. Especially since when the rest of the calender is themed almost exclusively around Retro's DKCs.

Sawyer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
If we could get rid of the male option that would be great tbh

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't really get that, lol. Monster Hunter characters are customizable avatars so they should be treated like the other avatars in Smash that have both female and male skins.

I always thought it was lame they didn't have a male alt in MvCI but that game was dumb and low budget shit anyways, so whatever.

Last edited:

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017

I wouldn't complain other than being something ive already seen in Capcoms game
also
palico_kadachi_set1.png
palico_leather_set1.png
palico_lumu_set1.png
palico_pukei_set1.png
palico_rathalos_set.png
palico_death_set_alpha1.png

I wonder if MH fans would be disappointed if that happened

Last edited:

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It wouldn't make sense to put in Monster Hunter and not have 4 female and 4 male alts. Which one is slot 1 and which is slot 2 doesn't matter to me since it's irrelevant.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Reposting this from the Direct thread:

K. Rool appears in the officially licensed DK calender

EOrY5e9W4AAiHJX.jpg

I was beginning to worry that K. Rool's revival was just going to be limited to Smash Bros., so it's nice to see him be acknowledged in an official piece of merchandise like this. Especially since when the rest of the calender is themed almost exclusively around Retro's DKCs.
K Rool desperately needs some newer official art

BoondockRiley

Nov 15, 2017
I think they'll fill all remaining dummy slots, and they'll have a final echo pass in 2022. Personally would like to see:

Fighters Pass 2;
  1. Travis Touchdown
  2. Lara Croft
  3. Rillaboom
  4. Rayman
  5. Shantae
  6. Twintelle
Echo Pass;
  1. Dixie
  2. Impa
  3. Ninten
  4. Octoling

Nov 1, 2017
Massachusetts
Why reuse the same four armor sets twice when all eight can be unique?

F Rathalos
M Rathian
F Kirin
M Nargacuga
F Zinogre
M Lagiacrus
F Nergigante
M Tigrex

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
My post back then about choices:
It'd probably be those ones (as you've said), and likely more based on the classic designs (more colorful, less "realistic"):
-Rathalos
rathalos_blademaster_relic.jpg

-Kirin
tQU1srL.jpg

- Nargacuga

- Gore Magala
145c2a6dd207b4ba181e9f008df4e813.png

4 different color tones, varied designs, work well for both male and female versions, and all iconic (used in cosplay, fanart, figures and merch, etc).
Or replace one of those by a funny/original one like Wroggi or Odogaron that are also popular designs.
Not a big fan of the Zinogre X armor tbh, nor is it particularly iconic as a set.

But yeah, the 3 main armor sets (Rathalos/Kirin/Narga) are pretty much agreed on.

edit:

F Rathalos
M Rathian
F Kirin
M Nargacuga
F Zinogre
M Lagiacrus
F Nergigante
M Tigrex
because it's a ton of work.

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Just checked Twitter for first time in awhile and just saw this tweet at top of my feed.

I don't know what to say about this twitter thread other than me believing that the creator trying to confuse the Smash Community with grossly misinformations about Smash Bros and Fire Emblem.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
God, I want MH so badly in this game.

That's Byleth for. :P

Their animations really reminded me of Monster Hunter. Well, at least, few of them. Forward Smash with Great Axe and a huge bow gave me the vibe of MVCI's Monster Hunter so if mod scenes figure out how to add more character slots and able to push it forward, then I can definitely see them trying to clone Byleth into Monster Hunter with some adjustments.

Last edited:

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Hey, I said it first that Byleth stole MonHun's moveset!

Still thinking that MH would be the next Capcom character in Smash though. Even if it means there's no Capcom DLC character anymore.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Just checked Twitter for first time in awhile and just saw this tweet at top of my feed.

I don't know what to say about this twitter thread other than me believing that the creator trying to confuse the Smash Community with grossly misinformations about Smash Bros and Fire Emblem.

giphy.gif

This analysis is way off lol. And people will believe regardless because what bother checking into it, it's Fire Emblem time to get heat.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
what if they accidentally leave the entire FP2 codename list in the files and we have to wait 2 entire years to see all of it manifest despite already knowing who they are (or an idea of who they might be...)

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I'm extremely over FE characters in Smash but I can't imagine being the kind of person to make an entire ill-informed twitter thread about it

it ain't that big a deal

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
what if they accidentally leave the entire FP2 codename list in the files and we have to wait 2 entire years to see all of it manifest despite already knowing who they are (or an idea of who they might be...)
It would be kinda fun to discuss 6 code names. If they were tricky to guess tho, not like Brave which everyone guessed immediately lol

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
It would be kinda fun to discuss 6 code names. If they were tricky to guess tho, not like Brave which everyone guessed immediately lol
Pakkun would have been hilarious had it leaked before Plant was confirmed

Like... we would have known it was Piranha Plant related, but I bet most people would have assumed it was Petey and not a generic plant.

Either way people would have been confused

OP
OP
IntelliHeath

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
I remember. But that was more people hoping it wasn't Dragon Quest if we're being honest. They wanted Banjo but they really didn't want a Dragon Quest Rep

That's true since oeople didn't really wanted to see Hero in Smash Bros for pretty entitled reasons tho.

Now I'm curious who is next Japanese character that smash community don't want to see in Smash Bros. It was Dragon Quest and Fire Emblem so now both got in FP1. Who's next?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts:
  • HR Zinogre is far more popular than Zin X, so I'd go with that one instead.
  • If you're going to have separate models for each of the characters, I don't see the need for monster-source parity. Men's Kirin and Women's Nergigante aren't partilcularly popular from what I've seen.
  • A standard set of beginner's hunter armor (either MH1 or MHW, take your pick) would be a safe move. MH1 hunter armor was a Mii costume and MHW hunter armor was used in 99% of the marketing for that game, so it's not like Capcom hates them or the players are unfamiliar.
  • The handler's outfit from World would be a pretty decent set if you wanted to pretend you're playing as her.
Also, if that's too much work (8 different models is a LOT for a DLC character), you could do Rathalos armor for both with alt colors for the different Rath versions.
  • Standard Women's
  • Standard Men's
  • Green Women's (Rathian)
  • Blue Men's (Azure Rathalos)
  • Pink Women's (Pink Rathian)
  • Silver Men's (Silver Rathalos)
  • Gold Women's (Gold Rathian)
  • And whatever else you want to fill up the last slot (Women's Kirin, Hunter armor, etc.)

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
I just can't understand someone getting mad at a Dragon Quest character

Dragon Quest was very obviously a series that should be in Smash. The series is legendary, the world and aesthetic matches Smash perfectly, and the characters are ripe for an interesting moveset. It deserved every bit to be in Smash.

The only blemish is its dumb composer, but that's not really avoidable if you want to have the series in the game

Last edited:

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
DQ always felt way more likely to end up in Smash than Cloud imo. The former felt like an obvious third party addition and that would fit well (even when people didn't think of a crazy moveset like Sakurai ended up with).

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

F Rathalos
M Rathian
F Kirin
M Nargacuga
F Zinogre
M Lagiacrus
F Nergigante
M Tigrex
My post back then about choices:

Not a big fan of the Zinogre X armor tbh, nor is it particularly iconic as a set.

But yeah, the 3 main armor sets (Rathalos/Kirin/Narga) are pretty much agreed on.

edit:

because it's a ton of work.
Thoughts:
  • HR Zinogre is far more popular than Zin X, so I'd go with that one instead.
  • If you're going to have separate models for each of the characters, I don't see the need for monster-source parity. Men's Kirin and Women's Nergigante aren't partilcularly popular from what I've seen.
  • A standard set of beginner's hunter armor (either MH1 or MHW, take your pick) would be a safe move. MH1 hunter armor was a Mii costume and MHW hunter armor was used in 99% of the marketing for that game, so it's not like Capcom hates them or the players are unfamiliar.
  • The handler's outfit from World would be a pretty decent set if you wanted to pretend you're playing as her.
Also, if that's too much work (8 different models is a LOT for a DLC character), you could do Rathalos armor for both with alt colors for the different Rath versions.
  • Standard Women's
  • Standard Men's
  • Green Women's (Rathian)
  • Blue Men's (Azure Rathalos)
  • Pink Women's (Pink Rathian)
  • Silver Men's (Silver Rathalos)
  • Gold Women's (Gold Rathian)
  • And whatever else you want to fill up the last slot (Women's Kirin, Hunter armor, etc.)
Regarding the decision to go with Zinogre X over the original, I'm a sucker for the glowing gloves (especially how they were handled in Street Fighter V).

001.png

But as you all said, Zinogre is more popular than Zinogre X, so fair enough. Though DrArchon & ToiseOfChoice have a point, there isn't a huge need for armor parity if you're gonna do separate models for the female & male Hunters anyway. Let me give it another go...
  2. Male Hunter with Rathian armor
  4. Male Hunter with Nargacuga armor
  5. Female Hunter with Gore Magala armor
  6. Male Hunter with Nergigante armor
  7. Female Hunter with Zinogre armor
  8. Male Hunter with Brachydios armor
Giving the standard armor sets & a handler costume would be awesome, but I don't know where to squeeze them in. Also, what about the Shara Ishvalda armor to rep Iceborne?
shara-ishvalda-alpha-plus-mhw-wiki-guide.png

Status
Not open for further replies.