• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Since this is a Sonic music appreciation thread now

I wonder how the Sega Sound Team feels about having peaked at an OST for a failed F2P mobile game

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Since this is a Sonic music appreciation thread now

I wonder how the Sega Sound Team feels about having peaked at an OST for a failed F2P mobile game

They've also put out good work since getting Tee Lopes on their payroll. For one, Team Sonic Racing has a banger soundtrack.

But yeah, Runners' OST is hella underrated.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Having finally finished Pokemon Sword, I can confidently claim nothing would deflate me more than a rep from that aggressively conservative snooze, and I say that despite loving the creature designs. Ugh, that was easily the most underwhelming big-name game I've played in some time.

If they'll cull another Nintendo character for the next pass -- and I imagine they very likely will -- put me on #TeamRex. I'm aware the relevent base game representation (Spirits/Mii costumes) throws a monkey wrench into things, but the innate creative potential via a Pyra/Blade set-up is sitting right there and I'd like to think the game that put Xenoblade on the map deserves better. (That, and I'm sure Torna/the DLC gang could forge an entire Spirits Board in themselves.)

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Tomoya Ohtani is great. Forces' soundtrack gets too much flack, remove the mostly crappy Classic Sonic stage themes and the OST is overall pretty damn solid.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Tomoya Ohtani is great. Forces' soundtrack gets too much flack, remove the mostly crappy Classic Sonic stage themes and the OST is overall pretty damn solid.
Forces' OST isn't necessarily bad, but it's on the weaker side of the main series games for me, which makes it bad by Sonic standards.

It's a shame that the only good Classic Sonic track (Ghost Town) doesn't really fit the level it plays in.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly it's easy to make fun of this song but the only bad part is the "Fire Emblem" in shaky English.

It's better than the Heroes version where the whole thing is bad.

What sort of person would make fun of the Opera of Light? Those 90 seconds justify literally the entire rest of the game, it makes the entire idol gimmick worth it. That sort of person must truly be tragic.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Since it's Sonic music appreciation time again; shout-outs to the time I listed 100 Sonic tracks I want in Smash.

Further shout-outs to my Eggman track list from December, since I included some tracks I missed on my original list (which is pretty easy to do, considering Sonic has far more than 100 bangers to his name).
I'd swap Crisis City '06 for its Modern remix from Generations...

...& throw in Dragon Dance from Lost World...

...as well as some of the recent Tee Lopes & Jun Senoue remixes...

...& we're in business.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Also, Crush 40's version of His World would be a great add (this would replace the instrumental, as this version is what said instrumental pulls from)...

...not to mention Un-Gravitify...

...plus swap Back 2 Back for its Modern incarnation from Generations...

...and lastly, Crush 40 & Cash Cash's remix of Sonic Boom.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Going back to TMS for a second, and even further back to our goofball friend lactatingduck, I have to wonder what milkshakeduck would have thought if someone had brought up the TMS all-star NPC, Tiki=Waifu.

Because Tiki=Waifu is hilarious and amazing.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Also, Crush 40's version of His World would be a great add (this would replace the instrumental, as this version is what said instrumental pulls from)...

I mean... i'd prefer the original version of His World over the Crush 40 version, honestly. I'm all for replacing the E3 instrumental version though; so if we had both i'd be alright with that.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
This is Tiki=Waifu.

She's an incredibly talented Uta-loid producer and #1 Uta-loid Tiki fan in the universe.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
OK. None of that makes calling a child her wife any better.
Yeah, it's weird. Last time there was a thread on Arby's using "waifu", people argued that its just a term to mean favorite character but the implication just feels unsavory. Wish some other word would take off to mean favorite character instead, especially in cases like little kids being referred to as "waifus".

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Referring to a fictional character as your spouse is amusing in its absurdity. Its obviously ruined by some of the culture its tied to.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love TMS to get a character just for the music. Yeah the vocal songs are some fun JPOP but the actual battle theme's are freaking great.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
"waifu culture" is only disgusting and terrible when it becomes overly possessive in nature

which is like 100% of the time.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This was too good of a template not to use.

lmIATqe.png

I may have gone overboard with the music but I don't care.
<3 <3 <3
Thanks to the results I've seen so far, I've improved it a little to make it easier to insert the fighters pass card.

I've also updated my Shantae challenger pack as well, making a better quality fighter card and adding little Baby Warp Squids next to songs I think should get new remixes. If you wanna get fancy, you can find an iconic icon from your character's game and do the same!

KnMAvIn.png

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I guess this gives me an excuse to post the updated version of my Susie one that I had already made, lol.

aPfK6w0.png

Oh, and here are links to each of the music tracks, to provide a sample taste:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I've been waiting for someone else to reply; but whatever, double-post it is.

And when it involves children.
It's terrible that this isn't something that just goes without saying; the sexual objectification of those underage is problem that extends far beyond "waifu culture" (but is also something unfortunately found in large quantities within that cesspool).

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been waiting for someone else to reply; but whatever, double-post it is.

It's terrible that this isn't something that just goes without saying; the sexual objectification of those underage is problem that extends far beyond "waifu culture" (but is also something unfortunately found in large quantities within that cesspool).
Some of the things going around on Twitter lately have me questioning reality.

Feb 24, 2018
So after I asked yesterday, I decided to look through Japanese Twitter and Japaense game site comments sections and forums to see if I could see any of the top wanted characters for Smash. I admit I had difficulty trying to look through the forums so mostly got results from comments sections and twitter, focusing on stuff discussing the 6 DLC slots for season 2.

Again this is from observation so don't treat this as hard evidence or even a good source but what I saw was:

1. Arle Nadja (Puyo Puyo), damn, the sheer amount of love and requests for her (she was also in that poll I was talking about before) gives Geno and Waluigi a run for their money in the west... And like Geno seeing plenty on fans against her inclusion or fed up of hearing those fans.​
  2. Sora​
  3. 2B​
  4. Ring Fit Trainer​
  5. Monster Hunter rep
  6. Cinderace​
  7. Minecraft rep​
  8. Crash Bandicoot​
  9. Dante and Ryu Hayabusa​
  10. Master Chief (seemingly from seeing and hearing people in the west talking about him).​

Also damn, Rex fans over their were ticked off...

Also also amusing to see Fortnite is treated with the same contempt it is here in Smash discussions.

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
she's already in the game as a spirit
She isn't though.

Undercooked idea of the day: how does one make a pinball rep fighter?
It'd probably need to be a character from a super gimmicky pinball game where you have a bit more control over the ball (or whatever replaces the ball). I'd like to point at Sonic Spinball as an example, but we've already got that guy in here.

Pinball would be fun as a stage though; if there weren't already three Mario Kart stages between Smash installments, i'd say Waluigi Pinball would be a fun one.

Status
Not open for further replies.