• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which event do you think we would see 6th character reveal at?

• General Direct (in Feb)

Votes: 93 25.8%
  • General Direct (in March)

Votes: 45 12.5%
  • E3

Votes: 173 47.9%
  • Random Smash Presentation before E3

Votes: 50 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
*Walks in and sees discussion*

... You know, I know SmashEra has had far worse things brought up.

But I'm out for the night.

Someone call me when we get to either Portal or Dixie Kong discussion.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they reveal the sixth character when Byleth is released. If they sell the season pass with no characters revealed, that'd be some shit, especially if you were disappointed with the first pack.

In an alternate timeline, we got Leif instead of Roy and Celica as a Robin echo instead of Chrom.

Celica as a Robin Echo would have been perfect. Much more original visually and mechanically.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they reveal the sixth character when Byleth is released. If they sell the season pass with no characters revealed, that'd be some shit, especially if you were disappointed with the first pack.
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Seth reveal with the announcement of SFV: Switch Edition

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Wouldn't Ike make more sense?

Roy only got in because they needed a quick clone of Marth to pad Melee's roster. Hell, Lyn didn't even exist when the clones were added in Melee, did she?

I'd say her one and only chance was with Brawl, and well...
Wouldn't that be instead of Ike? I doubt Lyn was even a concept in someone's mind when Roy was added.
Lyn as a Marth clone would've been terrible
I just said Roy because Lyn's game is his' prequel.

I didn't put that much thought into it.

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Seth reveal with the announcement of SFV: Switch Edition

I was gonna say, that'd be terrible, but then I remembered that genderfluid Seth is a thing

Nah.

1. Sakurai didn't need to choose Byleth
2. Sakurai didn't need to choose Chrom
3. Sakurai didn't need to even make Robin a sword user

We coulda gotten Celica instead of Chrom, one of the House leaders instead of Byleth. Or hell, Sakurai could have straight up gave us Micaiah instead of Ike.

wedl

Oct 26, 2017
i know itd probably never work with smash but lyn being a full iaido fighter like yuzuriha/vergil would be AMAZING

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edelgard was right because blue is ugly. Yellow is alright and that's why she let Claude live.
358.jpg

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem has a more exciting assortment of Assist Trophies in Smash over the playable characters.

I have no clue who that is, but right on.

Endeavor is a character in My Hero Academia who viciously abused his family, forcing a woman into marriage with him until she produced a son with both of their powers after like four kids. His wife was driven insane by all the abuse and scalded their son with hot water whereupon she was confined to an asylum.

By the way he's a good guy now because he wants to be a real hero for his son, and we know he's not a bad person because he sends his wife her favourite flowers.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Endeavor is a character in My Hero Academia who viciously abused his family, forcing a woman into marriage with him until she produced a son with both of their powers after like four kids. His wife was driven insane by all the abuse and scalded their son with hot water whereupon she was confined to an asylum.

By the way he's a good guy now because he wants to be a real hero for his son, and we know he's not a bad person because he sends his wife her favourite flowers.
Yeah, fuck Endeavor. Deku becoming #1 can't come soon enough.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018

Sounds like a great guy.

WARNING: THIS IS NOT A SERIOUS OPINION AND IS JUST A SARCASTIC RESPONSE TO THE DESCRIPTION OF HUMAN WASTE.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna say, that'd be terrible, but then I remembered that genderfluid Seth is a thing

Nah.

1. Sakurai didn't need to choose Byleth
2. Sakurai didn't need to choose Chrom
3. Sakurai didn't need to even make Robin a sword user

We coulda gotten Celica instead of Chrom, one of the House leaders instead of Byleth. Or hell, Sakurai could have straight up gave us Micaiah instead of Ike.

Ike should stay because he's a gay icon.

The rest of these goobers can get lost.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Wait. I'm lost. Did people actually think Lyn was an option when Roy was added to Melee?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I were starting from scratch with Fire Emblem right now for Ultimate, give the same number of "slots," I'd actually probably hew pretty close to what Sakurai did.

Marth (+ Lucina echo)
Lyn
Ike (+ Chrom echo)
Robin
Byleth
Anna

Marth as the OG, Ike is a must, and I personally like Robin as a unique Awakening rep (with the other two as clones) and Byleth as the Three Houses rep. I think Roy and Corrin are the only two dead weight characters.

So cutting those two, I'd go with Lyn as the best choice for the GBA era, since she's endured as a popular character and would have a pretty unique moveset. And I personally would slot in Anna as the eighth pick, to have another female character a nice "across the series" option. I could see Tiki filling a similar role, or maybe what's her name from Heroes... just a sort of "out there" character that doesn't really use swords.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
If I were starting from scratch with Fire Emblem right now for Ultimate, give the same number of "slots," I'd actually probably hew pretty close to what Sakurai did.

Marth (+ Lucina echo)
Lyn
Ike (+ Chrom echo)
Robin
Byleth
Anna

Marth as the OG, Ike is a must, and I personally like Robin as a unique Awakening rep (with the other two as clones) and Byleth as the Three Houses rep. I think Roy and Corrin are the only two dead weight characters.

So cutting those two, I'd go with Lyn as the best choice for the GBA era, since she's endured as a popular character and would have a pretty unique moveset. And I personally would slot in Anna as the eighth pick, to have another female character a nice "across the series" option. I could see Tiki filling a similar role, or maybe what's her name from Heroes... just a sort of "out there" character that doesn't really use swords.
Chrom wouldn't work as an Ike clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.